Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..331332333334335336337338339340.. > | Showing page 339 of 355, messages 3381 to 3390 of 3541
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 10:39 AM
Hi, ALL! SO much has been going on here, I feel as if I have been gone forever:-( I get so wrapped up with work and family drama by the time I get home I am beat! I am always thinking of you guys, so happy for Elaine and Tina, what a thrill to meet and spend time together. Sharon, so happy for Carla, she is going to grad school? And Grace, what a scare for you, I am so relieved to read the good news. Rena, I don't think any of our daughters can be too cautious, Erin has had a mammogram already but I honestly forget when they told her to come back. Can I still blame chemo brain? Tomorrow is the 6th anniversary of my FIRST treatment...years do fly by, don't they? And Thursday is mammogram...YIPEE! Thank you all for being my support for the last 6 years, will move to the Waiting Room now....
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:33 PM
Many many congrats to you Pat and everything crossed for your Mammo too, I had mine last week (9 years for me since dx) and will get my results on the 18th  when I see the Onc but the tech said if I don't get a call within five working days I can assume all is well. 
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:17 PM
It makes me so happy to see so many of us thriving!!! 

Pat, Miles  is starting year two!!!  Does that mean we are getting old?

I am getting too old to do these college moves, and hope this is the last... But at the same time, it means another chapter closing....and another year older:( :),  aggh!  Carla's graduation from psu a few weeks ago was more emotional than I thought it would be.  
Onward and upward!!! 
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:54 PM
Sharon, I think as they move from one Phase of their lives to the next it is always bittersweet.  Rob and V have separated, Sean's Colleen has many health issues, mostly liver related so doubtful they will ever be able to have any children, and yet there is much to be thankful for and I try to focus on that.  (Yeah, right!)  Miles is at Wake Forest for the next 6 weeks as a TIP counselor, actually getting paid and loving it!   He has already phoned home, or should I say "texted", begging for $$$.  And life goes on....
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:06 PM
Pat, it sounds like he is doing great!!! Much better than being home sick!
 The greatest thing IMHO we can give our children, or grandchildren, is wings, which makes it both joyful and sad.
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, June 20, 2014 11:02 AM
I'm sorry I've been absent so much. The first half of 2014 has not been what I hoped for (with the notable exception of my trip to Ireland!). I'm recovering from pneumonia and sometimes feel as though I'll never feel normal again. It's been one illness after another, and when I had the chest x-ray last week, they said something about emphysema! My doctor said not to panic--I'll have a follow-up x-ray in a month, and we'll go from there. 

Pat and Sharon, I'm happy for your children doing well, and my heart goes out to those who are having a harder time of it. Karen is having a hard time. We are realizing how powerful genetics and family history are when it comes to things like depression. She is a strong person and is not giving up, so I have hope for her to find some peace and happiness. Here I am, almost 65, and still trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with me. I found an amazing therapist in San Jose, so I have to drive an hour and a quarter each way, but it's worth it. She is smart and no-nonsense, which is what I want. No more of this "you have to love your inner child" stuff. If I'm lucky, my inner child has maybe 20 years left to live, and I want to go to my grave with some peace of mind. I need to figure out how to feel happy in this life, even if those I love most in the world are unhappy. The first step is to reject a belief I've always held: You're only as happy as your least happy child. I don't believe that anymore. It's an excuse to keep worrying because worrying makes me FEEL as though I have control, when, in fact, I don't. The therapist also teaches a 6-week skills course that I'm going to take later this summer. So, aside from my editing work, that's my focus right now. 

I think of all of you often. I see some of you on Facebook sometimes, but I miss being here with you. That's my own doing, and I will be more present in the second half of the year.

Oh, by the way, my Medicare card arrived! It's official--or will be as of August 1. And I'm happy to say that the phone calls from people trying to sell me secondary coverage have finally stopped!

Love to all. Stay well.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, June 20, 2014 1:42 PM
Rena, I'm sorry to read you've been so unwell and still battling to feel better and I hope the second half of the year will be a lot better and healthier for you and also of course for Karen. Does a Medicaid card mean you now get free healthcare??  I should know all this by now! :)

Pat and Sharon, glad your kids are doing well which means less for us to worry about of course, Una begins school in August and I just came across a picture taken of Ian on his first day and wonder where did all those years go?? surely I'd have noticed getting this old...er!!!:)

As to joy, well for those not on FB obviously it was my good news this week on another year clear of cancer, a friend I met online sent me a gorgous flower arrangement which was a lovely surprise and next weekend we'll be spending the day with the girls and Noel and then out for a nice dinner to celebrate, both my news and the fact Louise got a new job with a major pay rise!:)

Sad news is we brought Louis the Maine Coon for what we thought was two extractions yesterday, we were shocked to hear our poor boy needed fifteen!!  He's recovering well and going for a post op check up on Tuesday, he must smell funny though as Jack keeps hissing and spitting at him and the other cats just give him a wide berth poor boy.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, June 20, 2014 3:43 PM
Thank you, Tricia. Medicare is the health coverage for people over age 65 (or sometimes under age 65 if they're disabled), while Medicaid is health coverage for people below a certain income. Neither pays the full amount, so people on Medicare are strongly advised to buy a secondary plan. I'll be staying on David's plan at work--the same plan I've been on for 30 years. They will pay expenses that Medicare doesn't cover. 

I'm so sorry about Poor Louis! As I've said before, cats are amazingly good at eating without teeth. Audrey has a few teeth, but not many. And cats can be in so much pain and hide it from us, so my guess is that once he's recovered, you'll see a change in him for the better. Give the poor boy a nuzzle from me.

xoxo
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, June 20, 2014 5:30 PM
Thanks Rena, both for the explanation and the good wishes for Louis, he's recovering well and eating a soft pate type cat food which I add some water to but I'm sure he's feeling a lot more comfortable now too.

Carepage- survivortricia
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, June 20, 2014 8:02 PM
Rena - I hate hearing that you've been not feeling well and battling pneumonia!  But happy that you've found a therapist you like :)  Mine is one of the most important men in my life....although I usually see him only once a year in November. What I call my birthday checkup ;)  I email him periodically to keep him up to date.  He is my touch stone. I hope between the therapist and meds (if needed) you'll find your happy place very soon.  I hope too that Karen won't have to struggle to be happy.  No matter what - we are affected by our chidren's happiness or lack of.... it's just part of being a parent.  But you are right -- we can feel for them, but we can also feel happy for ourselves at the same time.  Wishing you a happier second half of 2014!

Tricia - I'm sorry about Louis -- poor thing :(  But he will get on well without his teeth won't he?  I hope so.  I cannot believe Una is starting school -- are you kidding me?  

I'm happy to say that I'm doing fine.  Work is going well, my mammo was all clear as well, my kids are all happy at the moment as are the grandchildren.  So all is good.  Nicole will be here with the grandchildren in July for 2 weeks.  Can hardly wait to have them all descend on me - lol.    We will be in SD for a few days, the to Palm Springs and from there to Las Vegas to visit my almost 90 yr old aunt. It will be a whirlwind but very fun.

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Change Page: << < ..331332333334335336337338339340.. > | Showing page 339 of 355, messages 3381 to 3390 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll