Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..341342343344345346347348349350.. > | Showing page 347 of 355, messages 3461 to 3470 of 3541
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 3:32 PM
Ouch, hate that Rena!!!

Elaine, I know and was told during chemo I had early CPOD and at the time I was eternally grateful as thought it was lung mets, I can live with a little shortness of breath as it doesn't stop me getting out and enjoying nature and the world we live in, enjoy your trip with your family!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 5:31 PM
Hi again. I feel so bad about losing that last post. I'll try again. Thanks again for your support as I waited for my test results. I really do wonder if radiation is the culprit here. I had radiation in 1987. In those days, I think that overkill was the norm, so they may well have overdosed me and damaged my lungs. I did my walk--a big 10 minutes--but it's a start. 

Elaine, have a grand time at Universal. We went there when Karen was about 9, and our favorite show was Honey, I Shrunk the kids, which had all sorts of special effects, such as the feeling that mice on the loose were scurrying around our feet! I doubt that it's still there, but I bet they have much more spectacular shows now. Enjoy!

Grace, I'm so happy for you having your son back on U.S. soil. I can only imagine the relief! I'm also glad to hear that you're adjusting to being home more. If you run out of rooms to deep clean, just let me know! 

Tricia, I'm glad that your breathing doesn't stop you. I'm determined that it won't stop me either!

Tina, congrats on all your success with the cupcakes! SO much work--it's a very generous and kind thing that you do.

Love to you all. xo
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, November 02, 2014 4:21 PM
Cupcake update:

We are done with the fund raising and now life can get back to normal until the holidays.

3300 cupcakes baked, $3200.00 raised for breast cancer research.

I had to step away the last week of the month as I was sick.  Had a cold that of course in my world turned to bronchitis.  Now way was I going to be around the food.  

Feeling better but still not 100%.  

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Rena

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, November 06, 2014 10:11 AM
Congrats, Tina, on your very successful cupcake fund raiser! That's a lot of money you raised. I hope you're feeling better. Get some rest!!!
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, November 06, 2014 3:26 PM
Wow Tina thats amazing and well done to all who took part, I hope you feel better by now?
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, November 06, 2014 7:23 PM
Feeling better.  Still have a slight cough.  My crystal ball is telling that there are three surgeries in my future for different things.  The first will be on November 21st as long as this bronchitis is completed.  The bad part is that the preop and time in recovery will be longer than the whole procedure.Oh well!  After this then I need to schedule oral surgery to remove a cracked tooth before it gets infected again.

Surgery three won't be until next spring.  Then I have to have my implants changed to correct the lopsided problem I am having on one side.  Oh joy.  This is one that I would have liked over a year ago when the revision surgery didn't work.  

Now that November is here, it just dawned on me that I will need to get supplies for the holiday baking.  Good thing that I like cooking and baking.

Ladies, too bad you don't live close by.  I could easily ruin diets with all the baking during October-December.

Everyone have a pleasant evening.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, November 07, 2014 1:23 PM
You certainly would ruin my diet as your cupcakes look delicious Tina, glad you're feeling so much better and hope your medical appts all go well.
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, November 10, 2014 8:48 AM
Hi everyone. A little joy to share: Karen came home for the weekend, and on Saturday we went to a baby shower for Karen's oldest friend, Jess. We met Jess's parents in childbirth class in 1984, and the girls were born on Dec 3 and 5 that year. Since Karen is an only child, and Jess's siblings were about 15 years older, the girls grew up like sisters--loving and playing like sisters and fighting like sisters. Despite their ups and downs over the years, they are still so bonded, and Karen is almost as excited about the baby as Jess is. I wish I could post pictures on here. I'd love to show you a photo of the two of them taken at the shower. I used to be able to, so maybe I'll try. Anyway, it's been a joyful weekend. I hope you all have a good week. xo  p.s. Couldn't do the photo, but it's now my profile photo--Karen on the left, and Jess on the right. 
<message edited by Rena on Monday, November 10, 2014 9:02 AM>
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, November 10, 2014 1:49 PM
They both look almost like sisters Rena and very happy, I'm so glad you all enjoyed the shower so much, when is the baby due?
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, November 10, 2014 5:08 PM
Thank you, Tricia. They were together so much as little girls that people thought they were twins! The baby is due December 18--a little girl who they're going to name Maeve. Since you're Irish, I thought you'd appreciate the name. 
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Change Page: << < ..341342343344345346347348349350.. > | Showing page 347 of 355, messages 3461 to 3470 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll