Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..351352353354355 > | Showing page 353 of 355, messages 3521 to 3530 of 3541
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:50 PM
I remember Mary from when I first joined this site.  She often spoke of her husband and her cat.  I am truly sorry for her loss.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, June 04, 2015 3:13 PM

Just finished with treatment #2... I am scheduled for 4 so half way there !!
Blood work today was good.. my WBC was actually high. I saw the PA today and she talked to the other Onco and decided I should get the Neulasta shot tomorrow... YEAHHH   I pointed out to her that my wbc was high at my first treatment and it plumited in a week to dangerous below 0 ...   So I am happy about that. 

feeling ok so far.. going to get hubby a pizza for dinner, I am stocked up on soup and comfort foods.. found some butterscotch pudding today.. YEAHH...  

Anyway, hope all of you are doing well. Love you much.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, June 04, 2015 5:10 PM
Thank you for the update Grace and hoping you do much better with this one now you have Neulasta! xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, June 04, 2015 5:10 PM
Thank you for the update Grace and hoping you do much better with this one now you have Neulasta! xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, June 08, 2015 8:20 PM
Grace, I'm glad it's going well. Halfway there! Thinking about you.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:14 PM
Grace - You sound like you've got it covered!! What can I say we all haven't said before: YOU ARE A WARRIOR!! Hug Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

annette53160

• Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:31 AM
Grace I hope you are feeling well. You sound like such a trooper going through this again. Glad you have the great support system you do! I am so sorry to hear about Mary's husband Don. This will be a tremendous loss for her. I lost touch with her a while ago. Haven't been on this site or facebook as much as I used too. Busy living life! All is going well. My father was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer and is not doing well. We are not close but I will be respectful and do the right thing when the time comes. Hope you all are enjoying the summer. Summer is not my favorite time of year but I am perfecting my grilling skills! Hugs to all! (Good gosh I need to change my picture! Where are my kids to help me do this!)
<message edited by annette53160 on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:32 AM>
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara
Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:24 PM
Annette I'm very sorry to hear about your Father, my older sister fell out with my Mother years ago and I was sad that she didn't bother going to the funeral when Mum died.

To change your avatar just click on "User Control " above, then preferences and profile, it should give you prompts on exactly what to do but remember to hit save at the bottom of the page.
Carepage- survivortricia
Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, August 04, 2015 8:35 AM

Good morning !!

First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you that I am friends with on FB for your encouragement while dealing with this a 2nd time and that I am sorry I haven't checked in on the boards. 

I finished my 4th and final chemo on July 29th.  It has been rough days since Saturday, exhausted, feeling awful, food doesn't appeal to me etc. Felt a tad better yesterday and today.

For whatever reason, this has been more difficult than the first time I went through this 6 yrs ago. My friend and I joked that perhaps in some cases it is good to have "ignorance is bliss" attitude in not knowing what is going to happen. Things did go a bit different this time, they didn't give me Neulasta and my WBC and others dropped to zero and neg zero. The next treatment they did give me the injection but the same thing happened. My 3rd treatment it finally worked and have had good blood counts moving forward. I go back tomorrow for my bloodwork and hope that it is good.

On the 11th I am having my radiation consult. My doctor recommended a new facility rather than thier rad facility. Brand new equipment, great doctors etc.  I have to say, so not looking forward to this. Mentally it was very difficult for me the last time and physically as well. I think by the time you are half way through rads.. you are so tired of being touched, poked, prodded and just plain tired. I am trying to be upbeat about it and I know I will get through it. My goal is to attend a dog show mid September while I am still going through rads, it is important that I do this and I have my friends to help me out.

As some of you know, my friend and I co bred a litter of Pembroke Welsh Corgis.. I am keeping the pick girl and we are co owning her. The litter was born in Feb and in March is when I got dx. Linda has been keeping Calon for me all this time.. but I decided to bring her home 2 weeks ago. What a good puppy, she is adorable and now we are planning her first dog show in Sept.

I am looking forward to next May. My son and his gf asked me to come up to NY to dog sit for them so they can go to Europe for 2 weeks. They have a very nice apt in Weehawken NJ that is on the river and overlooks NYC with access to the ferry and busses. My hubby doesn't want to go so I think my friend is going to meet me there. 

Anyway, I will try to check in more often.. I hope everyone is doing well.

Love, Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, August 04, 2015 10:09 AM
Grace, firstly huge congrats on finishing !!!

We all understand when you can't post so often of course and I've been watching your updates on FB, so happy for you with the little puppy and hope she does well at her first show.

It's a good idea to plan a trip for afterwards too, it'll help get you through any bad news, although I found rads a breeze after chemo, check the rads forum again too as you may have forgotten many of the tips to help you by now and good luck!Pals
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..351352353354355 > | Showing page 353 of 355, messages 3521 to 3530 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll