Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 6 of 355, messages 51 to 60 of 3541
Sharon

• Total Posts : 1625
  • Reward points : 4250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, March 14, 2010 10:53 AM
The Joy of Grandchildren......the 5 year old in Australia got hold of her Father's Mobile and decided to phone us here in Spain at 4am our time and then promptly hung up lol!!! 
Non Hodgkins Lymphoma Extra Nodal (Stomach + BM)
Stage IV C. Survivor x 5 years
T/ment: 8 cycles Rituxan CVP x 8 + Rads. x 30
Friends affected by Breast Cancer

Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 15, 2010 10:38 AM
LMAO  Sharon !!  I do not have any grandkids yet but this just cracks me up.
This has given me JOY !!!!!
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 15, 2010 11:29 AM

Went to the gym (always a joy), then put the top down for drive home, switched on the radio and the Beach Boys were singing California Girls!  I pumped up the volume and felt the joy!  

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Jean Southward

• Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 15, 2010 12:20 PM
Had my 3 year old granddaughter call her Bumpa and me to tell us about the dead possum along the edge of the road.... not so happy for the possum but hillarious for us!!!
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 15, 2010 6:35 PM
I heard the sound of the waves lapping on the beach as the tide was in as I walked today.  It was a tougher walk on soft sand but the birds were singing and the whole hour made me forget my worries and feel glad to be alive:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
amy d

• Total Posts : 182
  • Reward points : 10145
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:29 AM
I took my oldest daughter, who turned 14 on Sunday, to spend some of her birthday money last night at Target and Marshall's.  After finding two outfits she really liked, we shared a bag of Cadbury Mini-Eggs on the way home and when we were getting out of the car she said "Thank you for taking me shopping, Mom."   Wow.

Amy D. dx 8/6/08 @ 42
Upstate NY
Loving husband and two beautiful daughters (16 & 18)
IDC; Stage 3A; grade 2; 5.5cm; E+P+HR-; 2/13 +
LM 8/21/08; chemo 9/29/08 AC x4; taxol x12;
Avastin 9/08 thru 9/09
; 28 Rads;Tamoxifen 5 years
Disc Tamoxifen - started Femara - 4/13; Ooph - 12/13; Reconstruction - Free Tram Flap Surgery - 12/14
Jean Southward

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:31 AM
My husband called this morning to say he was sorry.  Sorry because he has taken to letting things get to him and make him vocal and negative.  Whether it's his view on the weather man or politics or the neighbors stuff blowing into our yard, it just seemed he was making a lot of noise about things that had never mattered before.  Things that to me should matter even less now.  I told him I thought the stress was taking a gentle spirited man I love and need and making him angry.  I don't want him to be sorry.  This is not his fault.  Just like it isn't my fault.  I think today we may have taken a bigger step towards healing.  This disease takes it's toll on our families too.  It has to be so hard to be in his shoes as well.  But for my sake I need him to get past this anger.  So today we start working on our inner spirits. We will continue to move forward.
<message edited by Jean Southward on Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:32 AM>
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:45 AM
Jean, 

I don't know if you will relate to this quote, but I read it often to remind myself "to love the fool in me".... I am not perfect (really? :) Somehow I thought of it when I read your post -- you're right, this is hard on us and the people who love us.  

"I must learn to love the fool in me -- the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many
chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries.  It alone protects me against the utterly self-controlled, masterful tyrant whom I also harbor and who would rob me of human aliveness, humility, and dignity but for my fool."

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Jean Southward

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:58 AM
Elaine, I love it and have pasted it to save.  I love quotable quotes (as you can note by my signature).  I have a number of them at home now.  Some stitched on fabric, some painted on boards and others that were the wall art you rub onto the wall.  I have a little bit in every room of my house.  I like to read them over and over as inspiration.  I now have yours.  Thank you!
Jean S

Emily Dickinson

HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:18 AM
Jean --  I'm so happy you do the same thing I do and that you liked the quote.  I love quotes as they often express what I feel or remind me of how I want to live my life.  I have them on my fridge, and now I've taken to typing them out and have collected them in a file on the computer!   
Hug,
Elaine

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 6 of 355, messages 51 to 60 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll