Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 14 of 178, messages 261 to 280 of 3541
farla
  • Total Posts : 624
  • Reward points : 6720
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:29 AM
My daily diary of joy - I am thankful for 2 teenage boys still in my house - and these WEEKLY snowstorms give them an excuse for hot cocoa.
I am grateful for that boiled cake resipe - I think I may try it - but whick fruits do you recommend?  and sodium bicarb is baking soda? Then why do you need self rising flour?
We have a yearly superbowl party here - I don't follow it, but I am told I am appropriately sad about the Jets.  I think..
Jean, I remember your post about living long enough for your grandchildren to remember you - and now you are expecting 2 more?  Well girl, that givew you (and us) 2 more reasons to live!
Farla
dx 8/09, R double lumpectomy, invasive mixed DCIS/LCIS
ER + PR + Her -
1/3 Sentinel pos. 1/15 nodes pos
 Stage 2A  Grade 2, Nottingham 6
chemo A/C x4, Taxol x 4 started 9/21/09 DONE!!!
femara  started 2/5/10
rads  2/8/10 DONE!!!
Now - osteoporosis?  Vit D, calcium, and a baby aspirin to boot!

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:43 AM
Good morning - 

Mary L, I think Sharon should make the cake since it's her recipe and she could fly it over to Pat's - lol.  

Pat - are you ready for company?

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 26, 2011 9:34 AM
Elaine, guess what.......it's snowing again!!!!  It stays so cold that it never melts.  We have mountains of snow.  Florida really sounds nice and it sure would be fun to get together and eat cake.  I could bring snow cones.  I hope Pat has her pool heated.  Hug,  Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

Anna Rae
  • Total Posts : 422
  • Reward points : 5940
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:20 PM

I love wearing my bright pink I "Heart" Boobies bracelet from keep-a-breast.org 

Today I was conducting hearing screens for children ages 4 - 6.  Near the end of the day one of the little girls asked, "Is that a boobie bracelet?"

"Yes." I said, then asked her if she knew what it was for. 

"Yes," she replied,  "it's for boobie cancer." 

Just made me smile...

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:41 PM
how sweet anna
dh says it is a white out at home just light snow up at moms
skiing tomorrow so i will be joyful especially after getting good news on my mom
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Anna Rae
  • Total Posts : 422
  • Reward points : 5940
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:46 AM
Another funny story...

I had a right side mastectomy in May.  After my drains were finally removed... 4 weeks post op, I went out for dinner with my 14 year-old son and husband.

We all studied our menues. I asked my son what he was going to have.

Not looking up from his menue; straight faced, he announced, "I'll have a half a rack..."

We ALL broke up with hysterical laughter!  I love that boy!!!

mary l
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:53 AM
Sharon, we got 10 more inches of snow last night.  No one is going anywhere today.  I hope you have fun skiing.  Is Spring almost here???????     Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

annette53160
  • Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 27, 2011 9:35 AM
Thankful to be alive and for the 16 inches of snow we had last evening.....no work today!!!  Probably no pay too:(  Oh well...I will manage.  Kids are all sleeping and i have the hot chocolate and waffles cooking.  Glad to be alive.  xxoo Annette
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 1625
  • Reward points : 4250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:04 AM
So relieved for you and your Mom Sharon, enjoy the Skiing!   

Annette, so true, let's enjoy what we have!
Non Hodgkins Lymphoma Extra Nodal (Stomach + BM)
Stage IV C. Survivor x 5 years
T/ment: 8 cycles Rituxan CVP x 8 + Rads. x 30
Friends affected by Breast Cancer

ElaineQW
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:18 PM
Annette - I'm comin' over to YOUR house :)

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Jean Southward
  • Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 27, 2011 12:45 PM
Glad that I'm not so sore today!!  I fell a couple days ago and found out that I don't bouce!!  How do you fall on your back, head and elbow and have your calf muscles hurt? 
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 

mary l
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, January 28, 2011 9:18 AM
Annette, Make sure yoiu make enough for us!!!!!    Mary L

ElaineQW
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, February 04, 2011 11:02 AM
Two joyful things:

1.  I have a temp two-week work assignment -- good for the piggy bank and good for my soul.
2.  I began a 5-week acting class -- VERY good for my actor's soul.

Hug,
Elaine

mary l
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, February 04, 2011 11:13 AM
Elaine, you don't need acting class, you should be the teacher!!!  Are you actor?  You are amazing and joyful.      Hugs,  Mary L

ElaineQW
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, February 04, 2011 3:03 PM
Aww, thanks for the compliment Mary!  I'm an actor at heart since I was a kid, but life took me in other directions, I try to involve myself in community theater or classes.  I think I should have been a teacher - I would have had an audience AND summers off!!  LOL

Hug,
Elaine

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, February 05, 2011 6:54 AM
Good Morning!  I am so sorry for all of you with such bad weather.  I just wanted to let you know that I will be scrubbing my porch and patio furniture today...LOL!  There is a 30% chance of showers but I have company coming from "up north" in two weeks so it's gotta be done.  Jean  -hope you are feeling better, you never know which muscles you use to brace ourself when you fall, I had that same thing happen to me.  Elaine - acting class - good for you!   You guys are such a comfort to me....
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

mary l
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:04 AM
Pat, are they coming for the Spring Training opening?  I'll be there so clean a chair for me.  (in my dreams)  We didn't get any snow just more ice.  There is no traffic on the streets.  We went out last night and got groceries and went out to eat.  I have a bad case of cabin fever.  Our PA grondhog didn't see his shaddow so Spring is around the corner!!!!  YEAH RIGHT  I hope your two coworkers are doing well.  I am praying for them.  It is hard to believe.  Well Pat, I'll let you get back to your spring cleaning.   Mary L

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, February 06, 2011 9:39 AM
Good Morning All!  I hope you all have a pleasant Sunday.  Mary, the games do not actually start until March, the Phillies always kick off the season with a night game against the team from Florida State.  Unfortunately they will be gone before then.  They live in Souderton or Wellersville, I can never remember which.  They are Bob's cousins and 15 years or so younger than we are and we don't see them very often.  Enjoy the Super Bowl everyone!
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

mary l
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, February 06, 2011 9:43 AM
GO STEELERS!!!!!!    Mary L

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, February 07, 2011 7:27 AM
HaHa Mary,
PACKERS rule!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aron is much cuter than Ben anyway.  He'll look good on that Disneyworld commercial!
Pat,
I see the boys of summer are on their way to Clearwater, you favorite time of year!
Elaine,
We should have known you were an actor!
DH and I went to NYC,  museum and dinner with DS and GF    You think we have snow, you should see Hoboken and NYC,  nowhere to park and snow piles prob 6 ft high everywhere.
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 14 of 178, messages 261 to 280 of 3541