Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..161162163164165166167168169170.. > | Showing page 162 of 178, messages 3221 to 3240 of 3541
Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:23 PM
Pat its lovely to hear from you whenever you get a minute to check in, do you work full time? I've been lazy posting here myself as have had my son and his family visiting from Scotland so only just getting back into my routine now.

Elaine I hope your birthday was lots of fun, but then, with you every day is fun!:)

Rena I'm late seeing this and hope you have a wonderful time with Karen and it sounds like you two will be having lots of fun too.

Our weather has turned very cold indeed this week so its been tougher than usual to get myself out walking but I usually only let the heavy winds prevent me but today is icy cold so gave it a miss!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:58 AM
Rena, Triia, Pat - Nothing makes me happier than to know that you're all too busy to be here :)  I can put myself in that category too.

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  It was a good one (they all are now :)

I wish all my Komen sisters a very Happy Thanksgiving and hope you get to spend it with the people you love.

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:44 AM
Tricia - I do work pretty much full - time. Owning your own business is always a challenge but we face many obstacles with ever-changing technology and the world moving into the Cloud.  We now have 16 full time employees and many contractors, some of them as far away as India!  Running the company has always been my job since we started the company in 1996 but I have to be honest, I feel the effects of the last five years, both physically and mentally, and so I check and re-check everything I do.  I keep telling Bob we need to look for my replacement but with this economy we cannot always have what we want, eh?   We are blessed to be in this position and if we take one step forward and two steps back, then we just have to try harder.  Some days I just get so damn tired.....it is still so hot here as well, I need a big cold front to perk me up and give me some energy!  
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:07 PM
Come visit me--42 degrees this morning and it is supposed to be in the twenty's over the weekend.

I'm not so sure it's going to be a gentle winter.  I'm still wondering what the freezing point is on the implants, not that I go outside without winter gear but just question it.  :)

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:09 PM
Pat--You could always come up for New Years and do the Polar Plunge.  That's were everyone puts on their swimsuits and jump in Lake Michigan.  Several years I've thought about volunteering to help at the event but I really don't think they would appreciate me standing on the side laughing and calling people dumbass.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:13 PM
Lol Tina, I love swimming but think I'd pass on that too!:)

Pat I completely understand the strain of having your own business, my hubby has always been self employed although the past few years hasn't done much at all due to the recession but is trying to get another business up and running at the moment, he often says he'd love the luxury of someone else paying his salary at the end of the month lol, he doesn't mean it though and would hate to be working for someone else. :)

Thanks Elaine and I'm glad many of us are busy, what a far cry from a few short years ago!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, November 22, 2013 9:45 PM
Well doctor appointments are done until December 2nd.  Just heard back regarding the heart monitor.  One little issue which is requiring me to go for another blood test. Seems my heart decided to speed up unexpectedly and then came back to normal.  So now a thyroid test.  Oh well at least everything else is normal.  

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, November 23, 2013 4:46 AM
It just goes to prove there's always something Tina, good luck with the thyroid test!
Carepage- survivortricia

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:52 AM
Ain't that the truth!
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

ElaineQW
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:03 AM
Hi Tina,

Could be hyperthyroid (Graves' disease) very easily taken care of, or a form of tachycardia (heart would suddenly start racing and then kick back in).  I had it for at least a few years before having a cardiac ablation (2004).  That took care of it totally.   Had thyroid irradiated (1990), take thyroid hormone. A no-brainer.  

Sooo, don't worry :)

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:08 PM
Pat, it's good to hear from you. I know it must be so hard to run your own business. I hope that circumstances will improve so that you can take more time off or retire. 

Tina, good luck with your thyroid test. I hope everything else goes well too.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:58 PM
Thanks Elaine & Rena:

I'm really not that concerned at this time. I know he is just trying to be thorough. My primary is also a cardiologist. About a month ago, I went to him telling him I was having difficulty taking a deep breath and if I could take one I was having pains.  Right away he thought it could be heart related and did an EKG, blood work and chest xray. Everything came back normal so he ordered the heart monitor.  I just figured it was a touch or the beginning of bronchitis at the time.

I'm glad he is attentive and if he wasn't, I wouldn't be going to him.  Every since I was diagnosed, if any test other than routine blood work is done, he makes sure that he calls me with the results regardless of the results. Before that it was just one of the girls in the office telling me to make an appointment or everything was fine. 

Oh well until then it's back to the usual.  I go back to work on Monday after being on vacation this week.  I baked an Almond Pound Cake yesterday and only had a little bite.  (I'll have to remedy that now that the strawberries are thawed) and have company coming tomorrow.  I need to decided if I am baking cupcakes or cookies.  (New flavor for cupcake-Caramel Apple).

Forgot to mention--Turned in the rest of the money from the cupcake sales yesterday.  Grand total for our fundraising for the A. C. S. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer event $3,321.76.  Over 3,300 cupcakes baked and decorated in one kitchen.  That part I am proud of.  Number of trips to the hospital or jail as the bakers and sales staff started to get on each other's nerves-ZERO!

Have a nice night everyone and thanks again for the support.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

annette53160
  • Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:55 AM
Tina that is great!  So many cupcakes!  Wish I lived close to you.  I would definitely help.  Wishing you well with all your tests. 

I now have been diagnosed with hyperparathyroid.  Not a serious issue but my calcium level was slightly elevated.  Need to have a small parathyroid removed after the holidays.  Doctor said it was the radiation that caused it.  Oh well...another doctors appointment.  Thank goodness I won't be seeing this one on a regular basis.  Take that little bugger out and goodbye!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful to be alive and to be able to spend it with my beautiful family.  This month marks 4 years cancer free for me.  So much to be grateful for....
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:06 PM
Annette its lovely to hear from you but sorry you have more issue's to face, sending (((((hugs)))) and huge congrats on your four years out!!!:)Pals
Carepage- survivortricia

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, November 27, 2013 5:29 AM
Annette:

Congrats on the four years.   Enjoy your holiday season and good luck with your appointments.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

ElaineQW
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:55 AM
Congratulations on 4 years!! Have a great holiday..

Hug
Elaine

Rena
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:53 AM
Tina, congrats on your cupcakes sales! That's such a great thing to do and a LOT of work!   Annette, congrats of FOUR YEARS! I'm sorry that you have another issue to deal with, but glad that there's a relatively easy solution for it. 

I hope that everyone else is well. Getting ready to drive to SF to pick up Karen for the holiday. A cute story: She ended up doing her Hanukkah lesson with the kids yesterday. She showed them the menorah and talked about it. Then she asked them if they knew the name of the holiday when people use the menorah. One child said, "Harmonica!" Lol! Well, he was close.

29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Rena
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:29 AM
Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and happy, healthy New Year. It's hard to believe that it's 2014 already! I hope that this year brings good things for everyone and that any hard things are easily solvable. 

We are well and busy. I edited my last paper yesterday before taking off several days for the holiday. My January work schedule is looking a little crazy, but I'll try not to think about it until I have to. David, Karen and I have a trip planned for MLK weekend in January. It's a quick one--on Saturday, fly to Carlsbad (between LA and San Diego) to my sister's, then drive up with her to L.A. on Sunday to her son's house. We'll visit with her son, his wife and two little boys and another nephew, his wife and their two-year-old son. We haven't met "baby Will" yet, so we're excited. He's a nine-month-old bundle of smiles, so I'm sure he'll delight us. David will fly home Sunday night, Karen Monday morning, and I'll spend a few days with my sister. Should be nice to have so much family all together. We're all spread out across the country--we are SO due for a family reunion. 

Christmas will be simple and quiet. Our friends Tammy and Gabby, who had us over for Thanksgiving, will come over for turkey chili and the fixins. They are like family, so it'll be very relaxed. I hope you all have fun plans and no stress!!

Love to you all. xo
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

ElaineQW
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, December 21, 2013 3:44 PM
Rena - It all sounds good for you and your family! 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone celebrating.  It's hard to believe that 2014 is upon us and I  pray for good health and an open heart for all of us.

Hug
Elaine

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, December 21, 2013 4:18 PM
`Rena it sounds like you'll all have a wonderful few days together, I had to laugh at your turkey chilli and over here everyone does a traditional roast turkey and ham although some do a turkey curry the following day:)  We're having Christmas day/dinner in Dublin with the girls and opening pressie's  and are looking forward to that and then a quiet St Stephens day with just the two of us:)
I'm wishing a peaceful and happy Christmas to all!!!
Carepage- survivortricia

Change Page: << < ..161162163164165166167168169170.. > | Showing page 162 of 178, messages 3221 to 3240 of 3541