Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..161162163164165166167168169170.. > | Showing page 163 of 178, messages 3241 to 3260 of 3541
scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, December 22, 2013 10:11 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone.  Happy holidays to everyone.  Trying to be politically correct.  

One more doctor's appointment and I am done for the year (I hope).  January is going to be the start of my busy time at work not to mention the start of "Birthday Season".  For some reason the favorite birth months in this family are January, April & June with.
If my grandmother were still alive: Jan 1st would start everything off.  Five birthdays and one anniversary. Baking again!

I have a couple of parties coming up so that will be nice.  I'm off the hook for cooking so I'll be taking stuff to my sister's.  One of the grocery store chains is closing in the Chicago area so I was able to pick up meat and cheese trays pretty cheap.  So I'll take those and a relish tray as well as the crescent rolls.  I'm sure I be over there helping with the hooking and set up.

I have soooooo many cookies and deserts to make but I just haven't felt energetic enough to do it.  Looking out the window at the bad weather we've gotten between last night and today, it seems like today would be a good day to stay in and just take care of those little baking chores.  We had rain, sleet and now about 2" of snow.  Fun in the midwest.  Don't like the weather just wait a little while and it will change.

Oh well.  Guess I better go get the snow gear on to take care of the driveways (mine and my elderly neighbors). They are very anal about the snow.  One snowflake and they are so afraid they can't get the car out of the garage in an emergency.  I keep telling them if there is that type of emergency call me or call 911.  I can usually get my car out without a problem.  They are 90 & 86.  I do respect my elders though.

Better run.  I've already have one anxious person wanted to get out in the snow.  Take care and have a happy, safe holiday season.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

annette53160
  • Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, December 23, 2013 9:04 AM
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!  Just dropping in to say I am thinking of you all and hope we all have a healthy new year.  My year will be exciting.  A wedding, and a college and high school graduation.  So glad I am alive and healthy for these events.  Running a few last minute errands today for Christmas then celebrating with family tomorrow.  I vow to take it slow this year and not get myself nuts!  Treated myself to a new iphone for Christmas.  I really got it to keep tabs on my daughter when she is out of the house.  Nothing like facetime to keep them honest! Gotta love this new technology.  Have a happy and healthy holiday everyone!  Hope you are all doing well.
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, December 23, 2013 1:54 PM
Annette its going to be such an exciting time for you next year, albeit an expensive one too, did you get an outfit for the wedding yet or waiting for the sales??  I must admit I haven't discovered Facetime as yet, or Instagram but I'm sure its only a matter of time. I love some of the new tech stuff but a little wary of losing too much of my privacy too.  I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas and enjoy that Iphone:)

Tina, I hate when I get a few birthdays all together as its so expensive but it sounds like you have it all in hand and I'm sure all your family adore your baking, my daughter loves to bake too and has far too much done already for Christmas dinner/dessert, goodness I'm going to need a great diet come the new year! :)
Good luck with your medical appt too and hope all is well there, I can hardly believe next summer will mark nine years out for me, how lucky we all are to be here and enjoying another family Christmas:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, December 23, 2013 8:40 PM
Annette have a happy holiday and it does sound like a busy 2014 line up.  

Tricia:  Normally I would have even more baked.  I think I'm still a little "baked out" from all the cupcakes that were made over a month ago.  I still have to make the "princess" cookies for my little nieces.  Heaven forbid they don't have cookies for their tea parties. Did you ever get attitude from a 5, 3 & 2 year old because of a lack of cookies?  Not good.

The end of January will make the 3 year cancerversity.  Time does fly.  
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, December 27, 2013 6:47 AM
Good Morning, All! Had a VERY busy week and barely recovering....I don't know if it's my age or what but I am so tired! Annette, reading your posts makes ne want to go back to bed:-) I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and as Elaine says "to be politically correct", whatever else you all celebrated. I didn't get here at all but you were in my hearts every day as usual:-) HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, December 27, 2013 9:52 PM
Happy New Year Pat
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, December 28, 2013 12:19 PM
Hello my dear friends!!!!

Happy everything you celebrate this beautiful holiday season!!!

I have missed being here and hope everyone is enjoying time with your families as well as getting the gift of good health.

I just updated my iPad and it now allows me to read and post here on komen !!! Thank you to  my very smart children.

Have my whole fam together, and am loving every minute of the chaos!

Sending lots of hugs to all my Sisters and hope the new year brings each of us continuing good health and especially health for our families.

Xoxoxo

dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Pat Patterson
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 01, 2014 11:14 AM
Thank you, Tina, and Happy New Year to everyone! The good news is I am logged in as before and don't have to go to Google Chrome anymore! Sharon, good to see you back, I was getting worried...

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 02, 2014 6:49 AM
Happy New Year Sistahs!!!  

Don't forget the mantra.  If you're in treatment:  Kick It's Ass.  If you're NED:  Kick Ass :)

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

DJ64
  • Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, January 03, 2014 12:36 PM
Happy, Healthy New Year 2014 to the lovely ladies on the board.  

Thank you for all the support in the past year and years.  Had a lot of family problems (health problems) and also our weather.  We've been hit hard this winter with one snow storm after another and including an ice storm which took over a week for some to have their power back.  It is hard to not have electricity when you live in the country.  No running water, no heat (I do have supplements) cooking on a propane gas stove outside in cold weather isn't fun.  So many trees broken and etc....

Still on Taxol had my 1st treatment of this set last Tuesday.  It will be a year in February that I have been on Taxol.  In spite of the fact that I don't like it very much, I still believe in the devil you know is better than the one you don't.  I am hoping for a long run with Taxol.

Love, Health and Happiness to you all,

DJ
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, January 03, 2014 3:11 PM
Hi DJ,

Its good to hear from you as I was wondering how you were getting on but didn't like to hassle you with e mails. I found Taxol to be okay but that was after a/c which really floored me!  

I'm so sorry about your bad weather, we've been getting really bad storms and high tides and its doing a lot of damage to the sand dunes and coastal habitat but better than what you're getting by the sound of it. I hope you continue to do well on Taxol and don't be a stranger and post if you can and a happy healthy New Year to you!!!Pals
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

DJ64
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:09 PM
I wonder if this bad weather is world wide?

It must be just as bad for Tina in the Chicago area.

I know CA has other problems and it isn't snow or ice.

Since my scan came back stable, I can be assured on being on for 3 more months.  I may not like it but the devil I know is so much better than the one I don't know.  The ct scan didn't find anything for the pain I was having in inhaling.  It is gone now, so I can stop thinking about it.

Best,

DJ

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:34 PM
Great news DJ,  so glad there was no progression !!

I think the cold weather has gripped most of the US.

My son lives in Chicago and it has been a whopper of a winter so far, and it's just early January.    He couldn't get out of his parking garage to go to work on Monday because the pipes in the sprinkler system burst and sprayed ice onto the exit ramp.

Crazy winter weather!!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, January 08, 2014 8:54 PM
Great news DJ.  

The weather has been unreal.  You get snow, melt it and then the deep freeze.  If it wasn't for work, I probably would not have ventured out. 

I couldn't believe it when I left home and it was -12.  By the time I got to work it was -16.  Everyone was starting their cars every two hours just to make sure that they would start.

The roads were really bad because of the ice.  Even now I caught a chill that I can't seem to get rid of.  The warmer weather was here for a little while today.  Actually got up to positive 12 degrees.  Heat Wave!  lol.

Stay warm everyone.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Pat Patterson
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:11 AM
Ok, guys, you know it's bad when it's freezing in Florida! I may just have to turn my heat on....wonder if it even works?

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, January 09, 2014 1:17 PM
Fantastic news DJ and you must be feeling so relieved, as you say better the devil you know!

I think the bad weather is world wide as a lot of Europe has had worse weather than usual, our storms are over for the time being but its very cold but we had a lovely sunny day with blue skies and so far no snow!

Hope you feel better soon Tina!

Pat, for you it must be what is seldom is wonderful lol!!
Carepage- survivortricia

DJ64
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:06 PM
Thank you Tricia.

Today, amazingly enough it was 46 degrees, the snow is gone for the roof, most of the ice is melted from the driveway and the snow has decrease considerably.  It is amazing for us to have this sort of temperature, but I am very, very grateful.  Wishing you all a HEAT WAVE!

DJ

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, January 13, 2014 10:43 AM
Carepage- survivortricia

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, January 14, 2014 8:03 PM
Well, I think Elaine and I are the only ones having a heat wave. It's been amazing--sunshine and temps in the 60s-70s up north and the 70s-80s down south. But if we don't get rain soon, we're going to be in big trouble.

Anyway . . .

I have something joyous to share: I am going to Dublin at the end of March! I am so excited. How it came about is kind of a long story, so I'll spare you that. It was a quick decision, and I don't think I've ever booked flights so fast in my life! Suffice it to say that I will finally meet my (and our) dear, dear friend Tricia--and Bren, the kitties and hopefully Tricia's daughters.  I am so lucky!!
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

scootersmom
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:05 PM
Congrats Rena.  Sounds like there will be a good time.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Change Page: << < ..161162163164165166167168169170.. > | Showing page 163 of 178, messages 3241 to 3260 of 3541