Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 178, messages 321 to 340 of 3541
Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:15 PM
and - it just happens to be one of my favorite times of the year, not only Spring Training but getting very close to my FEAST DAY....
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:54 PM
Awww!!! Pat, that is a lovely memory.  One of my all-time favorite smells is fresh cut grass; it always (even before bc) reminds me of how happy I am to on this earth!!  I LOVE LIFE.

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 02, 2011 4:58 PM
Oh Pat,  Those memories sparked by a scent or a rainy day are lovely little snippets of our lives, that we have the priviledge of reliving.  Try not  to think of those you've lost, but what you've gained since that day. Your dear Bob, your children and grandsons!

The boys of summer are in your backyard!  Maybe you should go over and give Cole Hammels(isn't that the one who's hurt?) a big hug so his boo boo gets better.

What is a Feast Day???
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Pat Patterson
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 03, 2011 9:44 AM
Sharon - in the Catholic church we are always (not so much today) named after Saints.  The Feast Day is the day the church, and in my case, the REST OF THE WORLD, celebrates the day of the Patron Saint after which you are named.  And mine just happens to be St. Patrick, I am such a lucky girl!  I am sure Tricia will tell you that in Ireland there is not the huge celebration there is in the US...as usual we tend to go overboard here with everything!  When my cousin was here a few years ago she left to go home right before St. Patty's Day and I sent her back with Irish Potatoes,(of which  she had never heard) and green socks and all sorts of things we wear on that day.   She said that he family would think it was "wily craich"...spelling, dear Tricia?  I think it means CRAZY?????

mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:01 AM
Did I just read that Cole Hamels is hurt?  I missed that one.  Pat, I'm not getting the games on TV.  So far I only saw the first one.  Oh well, soon they will be back in Philly and I get every game.  I am soooo anxious for them to start.                                                                                                                                                      yippee!                           Sharon, I am so glad you got a good report.  I wish you didn't have any problem but it is so much better than the c word.  I would flunk all of the tests that the Dr was giving you.  When I close my eyes I can't turn around without getting dizzy or off balance.  I have always had that.  That is why they call me a "dizzy blonde".  It is back to 20* here today but the sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful blue.  God Bless America.      Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

Pat Patterson
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:28 AM
Mary and Sharon, I know that Chase Utley is hurt...didn't hear that Cole Hamels was too.  Funny story...my co-worker is moving here from NC and put a bid in on a house not too far from where I live.    They told her they had it rented for the last two weeks in Feb and all of March and she said no problem.  Well the deal fell through but guess who the renter is:  CHASE UTLEY!!!!!!  We have driven by but so far have not seen him.  I am thinking since he is hurt he may not have come down here at all!  The weather has been GORGEOUS so far this year, and I have not yet been to a game. 

Pat Patterson
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:31 AM
NEWS FLASH, PA GIRLS....he is pitching today vs the dreaded RED SOX!!!!!! 

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 03, 2011 10:34 AM
Well for goodness sakes, I'm part Irish, just not Catholic!  We always laugh that my first born was supposed to arrive on St Paddy's day, and indeed my labor started on that day.  But the Italian in him wouldn't yield, so one day later, he was here
Mary,
I had to get wider xcountry skis, b/c i couldn't hold my balance on those skinny ole things.  It's #!&*%! cold!   There's Pat, down there with her warm sunny weather....
God,
I'm done skiing for the year, you can bring on the spring whenever you're ready! 
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 03, 2011 6:08 PM
Sorry I'm late coming in here Pat!!!

Craic agus ceol means  songs and fun and dance here,but if they said you were great craic then yes, they meant you were crazy lol!!!but you're so right in that Paddys day is huge for us here but far bigger in the U.S....our major river is the Liffey in Dublin and we don't turn it green lol...!!!

However we do all tend to have a good day of celebration, which usually means drinking and song etc...!!!   I'm sure you people do it far better!!!

Pat, in truth, the catholics I've met here on this site tend to take religion far more seriously than we do, we don't really equate Paddys day as a day of religion, but a day to drink and Party and just enjoy being Irish and think we're still celebrating getting over the famine and seeing the English off (to a degree lol)  but thats what most of us think of on Paddys day!  In saying that it's a great day to be Irish!!!:)
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Thursday, March 03, 2011 6:13 PM>
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

JulieS
  • Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 04, 2011 12:56 AM
Oh ladies so love reading about your lives!  My grandmother was Irish and my mom used to buy her a four leaf clover plant when she could find one.  My grandmother also used to wear a watch pin that had a clover leaf on it.  She wore it every day on her dress....ahhh such wonderful memories of her. 
I had a bitter sweet day....my son called and they took one of the little quad boys into the hospital because he was loosing weight and won't eat. So upsetting for all.   Then this evening went with the youngest daughter to get her wedding dress fitted.   Such mixed feelings.
I will call the onco tomorrow and make my appointment...promise.
Have a good day, ladies!

Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 04, 2011 4:34 AM
Oh Julie I'm sorry to hear this and hope the little fella will be back home with you all very soon (((((hugs))))

NOW .....get calling lol!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 04, 2011 7:44 AM
Julie, sorry to hear about the little guy, but I'm sure they will be able to help him get stronger.  Wedding dress?  I remember shopping with my daughter -- sweet memories, so have fun with that.

Call the doc!!!  

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

mary l
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 04, 2011 9:56 AM
Pat, we didn't get the game again.  How did Cole pitch?  I'm glad he isn't hurt.  I'm anxious to see how the Big 4 do.  Wow it is almost 40* here.  HEAT  WAVE!!!!  I am so anxious to be able to start working in my gardens.  That is pure joy for me.  Hope you all have a joyous day.    Mary L    
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 04, 2011 1:48 PM
Ok ladies made the appointment...March 14th.   Haven't heard from my son...I know the little guy is in good hands just hard for a Grandma not to worry when I am thousands of miles away and feel as if I can't do anything to help.

Did enjoy the dress fitting.

I like watching the Mariners play...but none of their games are on here.  Maybe I need a trip to AZ to watch them....ahhh...would love that sunshine!  Doesn't fit into the budget though!

Tricia, how is that leg feeling today?  Seems like that deserves a little waiting on from the hubby...:-)

Have a wonderful day Ladies!
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

mary l
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 04, 2011 3:09 PM
Julie, so you are a baseball fan also.  My family lives in Phoenix and alot of my nephews go to the spring training games.  When I was out there several years ago they took me to a game.  It is really neat because you can actually see the players up close.  I hope your little one comes home quickly.  When is the wedding?  I loved when my daughter and I bought her wedding dress.  That is one of my favorite memories.  I really glad you made your appointment.  Mine is in April and we do all the scans.  UGH  Then I get all nervous waiting for my reports.  My onc knows how I am and he usually lets me know asap.  Hope your Mariners do well but they are not allowed to beat the Phillies.  LOL.     Mary L

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 04, 2011 3:26 PM
Julie,

So glad you enjoyed the dress shopping, what a special time for you:)

Thanks for asking and my leg is much better today as expected,  and I have no pain at all:)
Carepage- survivortricia

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 04, 2011 5:11 PM
Glad your leg isn't causing you any pain, Tricia.  Seemed like it was kind of a burn type thing so thought it would hurt today.

Mary, my doc just does a breast exam asks how I am doing.  That's it! 
Our daughter looks beautiful in her dress. Our oldest daughter is making a blue sash for her to wear and also blue shoes to match...out of fabric. They should be lovely and comfortable.
The wedding is May 22.

Our son called and they have scheduled surgery for 3 of the babies to get G-tubes put in on Tuesday.  They have been fighting them to eat for months.  It will be hard...4 babies on G-tubes but may be easier than fighting them to eat every 3 hours. 
Suppose to be nice here on Sunday so hoping to work in the yard some.
Have a nice weekend ladies.

Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 10:01 AM
Aw Julie,
I'm sorry the babies have to go through that:(.  Hope it is just temporary to get them stronger.

I live for the day I go dress shopping with my DD.  We love watching "say yes to the Dress"
Mary,
I know you are going to pass all your test with flying colors next month!
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 2:38 PM
I'm sorry the babies need this too Julie, although it'll hopefully be less tiring for the parents!!   What age are they now???

Good luck with your appt, I have lots this months too!:(
Carepage- survivortricia

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 4:35 PM
Thanks for all of the support....so tough to be so far away.

The babies will be 11 months old on Tuesday.  Their adjusted birthday isn't till July 24th.  Talked to Rob this morning and they seem almost excited to get this done.  Been a tough year for them. The babies only weigh between 12 and 13 lbs so need to get some meat on them for brain development.

Sun shinning here today...YEAH!!!!

Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 17 of 178, messages 321 to 340 of 3541