Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..171172173174175176177178 > | Showing page 173 of 178, messages 3441 to 3460 of 3541
sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, September 28, 2014 12:03 AM
Of course you did Tricia!!!!!

Tina, you must be schooled like Elaine!

Maybe I'm part Pentailed Treeshrew!  

Ethanol is a byproduct of the metabolic process of yeast. As such, ethanol will be present in any yeast habitat. Ethanol can commonly be found in overripe fruit.[10] Ethanol produced by symbiotic yeast can be found in Bertam Palm blossoms. Although some animal species such as the Pentailed Treeshrew exhibit ethanol-seeking behaviors, most show no interest or avoidance of food sources containing ethanol.[11] Ethanol is also produced during the germination of many plants as a result of natural anerobiosis.[12] Ethanol has been detected in outer space, forming an icy coating around dust grains in interstellar clouds.[13]

dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, September 28, 2014 6:54 AM
Lol, Sharon, did I tell you I'm a liar????
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, September 28, 2014 6:57 PM
Tricia,
Guess I have to school the whole crew on  ETOH....but I thought you were a pro( like me) , lol
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, September 28, 2014 7:38 PM
Some days, I wish I liked to drink! This is one of those days. Well, at least The Good Wife is on tonight. Tricia, you're so lucky to have Downton so early--we have to wait until January. 
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, September 29, 2014 2:08 PM
Rena my lips are sealed re Downton so won't post any spoilers, I'll be too busy practicing to be a hard drinking pro like our Sharon!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, September 29, 2014 5:12 PM
I am not....I repeat not a Pro.  I am in training!
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, September 30, 2014 7:38 AM
Sharonma - You've been 'in training' for years!!  Haven't you got it right yet?  LOL 

Tricia - You,Rena and I are the real 'innocents'... ha ha

Me - Happy News!  My daughter and family go to Orlando to Universal for Halloween every year.  She asked if I wanted to join them this year......So this month it's Las Vegas this weekend for my aunt's 90th and Orlando on the 22nd for a few days with the rugrats!  YAY!

Hug
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:56 AM
Lol think you're right Elaine, lucky you on all your jetting about and I hope you have a lovely family time!
Carepage- survivortricia

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, October 10, 2014 8:33 AM
My baby's coming home for the weekend!  Happy, happy, joy, joy!!  She will be the birthday princess for a day!
Wish I could figure out how to get those nanners working on my iPad.
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, October 10, 2014 10:18 AM
Can't help with the 'Nanners Sharon but hope you have a lovely weekend!
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, October 10, 2014 12:15 PM
YAY! Sharonma!  Have a great time and Happy Birthday to the Princess.
Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, October 10, 2014 11:26 PM
Sorry folks --haven't been on for awhile.  October=cupcake month!

We've been busy.  My mother and sister handle the baking and also assist with the decorations.  I work on decorating on the weekend and sales during the week.  I am really exhausted.  This is like working two full time jobs!

Sales started out sluggish and do far we reached the 1,00 mark in sales and cupcakes baked.

My joy is that we are working well.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Rena
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, October 20, 2014 4:28 PM
GOOD NEWS!! My chest CT came back normal. I still don't know exactly why I have shortness of breath, but I think it must be a combination of anxiety and lack of conditioning. Having been sick so much this year, I've spent way too much time of the couch. My commitment to myself is to start walking again. If I get short of breath, I'll just stop, take a breath and go on. That's the only way to do it--just start. When I saw my PCP this morning, it had been months because she had been out for knee replacements, and I had to see her associate. I love my doctor. She is the warmest, smartest person. I told her how much I've missed her and she gave me a hug. It started to feel that all (OK, not all, but a lot) is right with the world. Interestingly, the first thing she told me was that she has a number of patients who are breast cancer survivors who have breathing problems post-radiation. When I asked the pulmonologist about that, he said it wouldn't present the way mine had. He said you'd see scar tissue on the x-ray. He wasn't dismissive, but I do wonder if he's right. Anyway, thank you all for being so supportive of me. This has been a rough period, and I see some light at the end of the proverbial tunnel! Love to all.
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, October 20, 2014 7:42 PM
Rena,

I'm so relieved that the ct came back ok!   I still wonder why you have been so sick with URI's this past year.  Your immune system must be weak in the respiratory system.  I'm loosely suggesting that you get a dog!   I walk (sometimes unwillingly) an average of 10-15 miles per week with Texas.   Mostly out of guilt, but I will say that I love my daily hikes in the woods with Tex, and after I get started, I get lost in the beauty of nature and the miles melt away. 

I did have a cat that used to walk around the neighborhood with me when I had a baby in the stroller. Without a leash!  Might you have some takers?

Tina, Good luck with the cupcakes!

<message edited by sharonma on Monday, October 20, 2014 7:47 PM>
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Rena
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, October 20, 2014 8:01 PM
Sharon, you made me laugh! I'd lose a finger or two if I ever tried to harness my cats! I like walking, so I think I'll be fine without a dog! I still have to see the allergist next Monday to see if he thinks allergies are responsible for all my illness. I also don't discount the effect of stress, and it's been a bit of a rocky year. I really do need to take up drinking!

Tina, how many cupcakes have you made so far?
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Army Mom
  • Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, October 20, 2014 9:33 PM

Hi ladies !!!!

It has been a while.. I need to run back through some posts !!  I hope everyone is doing well. Doing ok here. Just under a bit of stress financial wise but will get through it. 

Think I am finally settling in on being "retired" LOL Still seems strange to not work........... outside of the house. I have started working on rooms and doing some deep cleaning.

We had a fabulous trip to Colorado in Sept. My son finally arrived back from Afghanistan and I am so glad we got to be there for the homecomming. Talk about stress waiting for them to come in. The Army kept pushing it out.. from Tues to finally on Sat at 11pm. When those men and women came through the doors and had to stand at attn... with the families across the room.. it was just almost too much to take. LOL when they released them I jumped down to the floor... yes JUMPED LOL... and thank God my kid was in the front row. I grabbed him, hugged and kissed him.. tears coming down. I pray this is the last deployment, but he was informed that they would have another one in 2016. He may be medicaled out of the Army by that time as he has to have surgery on his ankle in Jan. Plus some other army related issues he has. 

The weather here in North Fl is finally getting nicer and lower humidity. I am ready for winter !! Did a few dog shows and my girl now has 4 points toward her AKC Championship. Was good to be out there again but oh I pay for it on the Mondays after. 

The dogs are doing well. Right now Athena is the only one home as Colt's co owner took him to her house for a lady dog happening. So Athena and I have been working on some obedience and think we will enter our first trial in Nov. 

Anyway, I hope all of you are well. I will try to be better at checking in.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, October 20, 2014 10:56 PM
Rena:

Glad the scan came out okay.  Haven't been on much lately.  Been too tired after working all day and then selling cupcakes.

As of today, there have been close to 2400 cupcakes baked and we raised over $2,200.00 so far. Still 11 days to go.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:28 AM
Rena, I was so glad to read your results, my brother has had similar symptoms and finally had it checked out and was so told because he's had a few colds this year there's been a lot of fluid build up on his lungs and the Dr gave him some linctus and said that should resolve it.  I must admit despite all my walking (which I love) I also have more shortness of breadth lately despite being almost three years off the ciggies so maybe its something we're all left with after radiation.

Sharon I think all Rena's cats would pack up and leave home if she arrived in with a dog lol, as would mine!

Tina, well done you and huge congrats and working so hard again this year, your cupcakes look delicious and wish I lived closer and would buy some myself.

Grace, I'm so happy for you to have your family back home safely, also hoping Athena is doing well in her obedience classes. I know its hard to do without the extra salary as we went/are going through the same thing but I've come to enjoy my own time and less rush in my life now I'm not working as I'm sure you will too.

All's well here except poor Sammy (our youngest and most spoiled cat) is off to the vet fasting in the morning to have several teeth removed, he has to wear a cone for three days afterwards as the vet will apply a Fentanyl patch for the pain so we have to ensure he can't lick or take it off, hoping he's okay and think hubby and I are both dreading it!
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 10:36 AM
Yay! Rena! So glad your scans were clear and I hope that walking will help with your shortness of breath - even if it doesn't, it can do no harm and only some good. I think Sharonma's suggestion of getting a dog is a good one. I took a couple of hikes with Sharon and Tex and I can say they were calming and beautiful (except for Sharon-- she's a pain in the a$$ - JUST KIDDING! Tina - Good for you and the time you devote to the cupcake sales. Hope everything else is going well too. Tricia - unfortunately, 3 years off the ciggies doesn't mean our lungs are not subject to problems. I've been off since 1988 and my PCP recently had me do the pulmonary workup in case I had a "touch of COPD" -- freaked me out, but the tests were clear as was chest x-ray. Grace - SO HAPPY your son is back from Afghanistan. I can't imagine the stress and worry that you have been living with. Welcome home and thank you to him for his service!!! Enjoy your retirement - either by doing nothing, or by keeping busy -- whatever works for you. Me - I repeat myself; I'm going to Orlando tomorrow to do Universal with the rugrats! Never been, super excited. Hug, Elaine

Rena
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 12:08 PM
ARRGGGHHHH! I just wrote a long message and lost it in the ether. I'm sitting in the Starbucks at Safeway,and their wifi cut out just as I posted. Oh well, I'll try again later from home. Love you ladies!
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Change Page: << < ..171172173174175176177178 > | Showing page 173 of 178, messages 3441 to 3460 of 3541