Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..171172173174175176177178 > | Showing page 177 of 178, messages 3521 to 3540 of 3541
scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, May 28, 2015 7:50 PM
I remember Mary from when I first joined this site.  She often spoke of her husband and her cat.  I am truly sorry for her loss.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Army Mom
  • Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, June 04, 2015 3:13 PM

Just finished with treatment #2... I am scheduled for 4 so half way there !!
Blood work today was good.. my WBC was actually high. I saw the PA today and she talked to the other Onco and decided I should get the Neulasta shot tomorrow... YEAHHH   I pointed out to her that my wbc was high at my first treatment and it plumited in a week to dangerous below 0 ...   So I am happy about that. 

feeling ok so far.. going to get hubby a pizza for dinner, I am stocked up on soup and comfort foods.. found some butterscotch pudding today.. YEAHH...  

Anyway, hope all of you are doing well. Love you much.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, June 04, 2015 5:10 PM
Thank you for the update Grace and hoping you do much better with this one now you have Neulasta! xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, June 04, 2015 5:10 PM
Thank you for the update Grace and hoping you do much better with this one now you have Neulasta! xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, June 08, 2015 8:20 PM
Grace, I'm glad it's going well. Halfway there! Thinking about you.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:14 PM
Grace - You sound like you've got it covered!! What can I say we all haven't said before: YOU ARE A WARRIOR!! Hug Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

annette53160
  • Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:31 AM
Grace I hope you are feeling well. You sound like such a trooper going through this again. Glad you have the great support system you do! I am so sorry to hear about Mary's husband Don. This will be a tremendous loss for her. I lost touch with her a while ago. Haven't been on this site or facebook as much as I used too. Busy living life! All is going well. My father was diagnosed with stage 4 throat cancer and is not doing well. We are not close but I will be respectful and do the right thing when the time comes. Hope you all are enjoying the summer. Summer is not my favorite time of year but I am perfecting my grilling skills! Hugs to all! (Good gosh I need to change my picture! Where are my kids to help me do this!)
<message edited by annette53160 on Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:32 AM>
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, June 23, 2015 1:24 PM
Annette I'm very sorry to hear about your Father, my older sister fell out with my Mother years ago and I was sad that she didn't bother going to the funeral when Mum died.

To change your avatar just click on "User Control " above, then preferences and profile, it should give you prompts on exactly what to do but remember to hit save at the bottom of the page.
Carepage- survivortricia

Army Mom
  • Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, August 04, 2015 8:35 AM

Good morning !!

First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you that I am friends with on FB for your encouragement while dealing with this a 2nd time and that I am sorry I haven't checked in on the boards. 

I finished my 4th and final chemo on July 29th.  It has been rough days since Saturday, exhausted, feeling awful, food doesn't appeal to me etc. Felt a tad better yesterday and today.

For whatever reason, this has been more difficult than the first time I went through this 6 yrs ago. My friend and I joked that perhaps in some cases it is good to have "ignorance is bliss" attitude in not knowing what is going to happen. Things did go a bit different this time, they didn't give me Neulasta and my WBC and others dropped to zero and neg zero. The next treatment they did give me the injection but the same thing happened. My 3rd treatment it finally worked and have had good blood counts moving forward. I go back tomorrow for my bloodwork and hope that it is good.

On the 11th I am having my radiation consult. My doctor recommended a new facility rather than thier rad facility. Brand new equipment, great doctors etc.  I have to say, so not looking forward to this. Mentally it was very difficult for me the last time and physically as well. I think by the time you are half way through rads.. you are so tired of being touched, poked, prodded and just plain tired. I am trying to be upbeat about it and I know I will get through it. My goal is to attend a dog show mid September while I am still going through rads, it is important that I do this and I have my friends to help me out.

As some of you know, my friend and I co bred a litter of Pembroke Welsh Corgis.. I am keeping the pick girl and we are co owning her. The litter was born in Feb and in March is when I got dx. Linda has been keeping Calon for me all this time.. but I decided to bring her home 2 weeks ago. What a good puppy, she is adorable and now we are planning her first dog show in Sept.

I am looking forward to next May. My son and his gf asked me to come up to NY to dog sit for them so they can go to Europe for 2 weeks. They have a very nice apt in Weehawken NJ that is on the river and overlooks NYC with access to the ferry and busses. My hubby doesn't want to go so I think my friend is going to meet me there. 

Anyway, I will try to check in more often.. I hope everyone is doing well.

Love, Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, August 04, 2015 10:09 AM
Grace, firstly huge congrats on finishing !!!

We all understand when you can't post so often of course and I've been watching your updates on FB, so happy for you with the little puppy and hope she does well at her first show.

It's a good idea to plan a trip for afterwards too, it'll help get you through any bad news, although I found rads a breeze after chemo, check the rads forum again too as you may have forgotten many of the tips to help you by now and good luck!Pals
Carepage- survivortricia

Rena
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, August 29, 2015 10:47 AM
Hello everyone. I apologize for being so absent from the boards. I check in sometimes and respond to newbies, but I've allowed life to take over and keep me away too much. I'm doing OK--have had a few odd medical ups and downs, but nothing directly cancer-related thankfully. More depressed than usual, and I have no idea why, but instead of panicking or taking more medication, I'm simply putting one foot in front of the other (with an occasional cha cha back step--I guess you could say that I'm dancing through life, but I may have chosen the wrong dance!) because I know it comes and goes, and now that I'm 66, I think it's time to just accept myself as I am. I know that it's all about brain chemistry and the way I'm wired, and my life is really good, so I confess I do feel a little guilty for feeling bad. 

I'm in a strangely overwhelming stage with my work. When I was 40 and struggling to get my business going, and I had a lot more energy and brain cells, I would have been thrilled to have so much work. But now it's a little hard. I am scheduling clients into early October, a situation that's new to me. If I get any more referrals from my Chinese clients, I'll be the "editor of choice" for all of Mainland China! Lol. I have to say that my Chinese clients are very sweet people, and they pay promptly, which is always a plus. 
David and Karen are doing all right. David works hard and travels a lot, and Karen is working hard in her new job. A relationship just ended, so she's kind of down. It's not easy to meet straight, emotionally mature men in San Francisco. The kitties are a light in my life--despite the constant poop, vomit and begging for food. They are such a source of laughter because they are truly funny little characters. Audrey, at 17, is still doing well. I just got a card from the vet saying that Joey is due for his "senior" exam. Senior? He's only 9. Anyway, I can't imagine my life without them. 

I hope that you all are doing well. I'd love to hear your news and just how life is going for you.  Love to all.

29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, August 29, 2015 4:21 PM
Hi Rena - Happy to read your post, but wish the damn depression would just disappear!! May I say that it is difficult to meet any emotionally mature man, straight or otherwise. But I do understand your meaning. Basically, it's hard to meet a person who will accept us as we are and vice versa....being single at any age has its challenges! All good here. Still NED after 7 1/2 years, dutifully taking my Xarelto and trying not worry about stroke risk. My back is still doing very well, almost no pain, but my right leg goes completely numb more often. Doc said not to worry yet. So if I look at it from a negative point of view, I have cancer and stroke and possible back surgery lurking. If I look at it from the positive side, I don't have cancer, I haven't had a stroke and my back is doing well with no surgery in the foreseeable future. I continue to work out as I always have, I have a job that I adore, my family is doing well, as are my friends (except for one old friend I lost to breast cancer last month). Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll is still my mantra! At this age, I can do what I please, when I please, with whomever I please -- LOVE IT! Hope everyone is doing well, is safe, is happy, and looking to a bright future. Salute to the WARRIOR WOMEN! Hug Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, August 29, 2015 4:44 PM
Rena and Elaine:

I'm glad you are both doing well.  I agree meeting straight men is a challenge.  It was before cancer and even more so now.  Oh well.  

When I think back over my last 4 1/2 years (wow, time flies), I realize I have come a long way.  I have changed.  Mostly for the better.  I am no longer the girl that will sit idly by. I've met my challenge and have taken it on.  Still not finished but I am winning.

I am grateful to all the women that have helped me through the ups and downs during these years.  The boards are much quieter now than they were when I first joined.  I salute all the ladies and men who have taken this journey and hope that all are doing well.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Rena
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, August 29, 2015 9:47 PM
Elaine and Tina, it's so good to hear from you both! 

Elaine, I like your mantra, as well as your positive outlook on your health. I think we can worry ourselves to death, and what's the point? I'm glad that you're enjoying life so much. I am very sorry about the friend you lost. Hateful disease.
Tina, I really like hearing about the way you've changed in the past years. Good for you! If we let it, cancer teaches us to stand up for ourselves and be our own advocates. You've been through a lot with all your extra surgeries, and I hope that it will be much smoother sailing from now on.

As for meeting emotionally mature men . . . I suppose it's not easy no matter where you live or how old you are.  I have a wonderful man, but after 34 years together, I'm still having to "train" him. Males and females are definitely very different!

xo

29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, August 30, 2015 3:43 PM
Hi friends,

I'm sorry but our internet and phones are down.
This weekend so can't reply as I'd like as on my phone which is limited but will reply in more detail to all very soon. xX
Carepage- survivortricia

eowynshieldmaiden
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 955
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, September 22, 2015 10:45 PM
I know this thread was started like 5 years ago, but I have a biopsy tomorrow and this is just what I needed tonight. :)

Joys for today...

*Ate some very nice chicken fajitas today while out for lunch w/my "Faramir" (husband). :)

*Stocked up on DVDs of Merlin from the library so I can veg out while getting over the soreness from my stereotactic core biopsy. :) I also have new library books and other DVD series.

*Got a little creative writing done today on my novel!

*Filled up my car with gas, so now I don't have to worry about that for another week or so. 

*Had a delicious NY Strip steak marinated in Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, & dried chopped onion, wonderful slow-cooker baked potato, and French green beans for supper. :) And our two little steaks only cost less than $8 for both together. :) A bargain for steak!

*It was a pretty weather day today here.

-Eowyn :)

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, September 23, 2015 6:53 AM
Hi Eowyn,

Well you succeeded in making me hungry lol, so glad you had a good day and are stocked up with all your favourite things as you rest up from the biopsy.:)

I think my joy today was reading your message which made me smile, and being well enough early this morning to have an extra long walk on the local beach and just listen to the crunch of the shells and the cry of the birds as I walked:)  
Carepage- survivortricia

eowynshieldmaiden
  • Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 955
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:26 PM
Dear Tricia - 

Awww, thanks so much! :) I have a new joy list for today, related to the biopsy....

*We got to the clinic in plenty of time. :)

*A very nice gentleman wheeled me down, and my brother-in-law wheeled me the rest of the time.

*The whole team working on me could not have been nicer (despite a "rather have Hodgkin's than Crohn's" comment from my fellow...but hey, what does she know? She's in training. ;) ). :) The senior tech was a total angel, attending and fellow were awesome, all ladies, all super encouraging. The tech even stood there and rubbed my back while they were doing the numbing injections, which barely hurt at all, and they kept really encouraging me. Had a tiny amount of mild discomfort, but I've had accidents at home which hurt worse than this. Very nice, very sensitive, got me into a mostly-comfy position, went GREAT. :)

*Now the dread of the biopsy is over. :) Whatever happens, now I just have to wait for answers. And those will come within a week or less. And then I'll *know* whether it's cancer or not. And knowing means that whatever it is, I can do something appropriate! And if it's not cancer, I won't be so nervous if I ever have to have another biopsy. The team was awesome.

*And now I'm sitting here drinking V8 and ice water, watching DVDs, and occasionally icing my L breast as per discharge instructions. :)

So - those are my good things for today. :)

I'm going to post about this over in my intro stuff so people there can see how it went - I did promise to keep you and Rena posted, after all. :) Hoping to hear results Fri, but I realize it could be as late as Wed next week.

Thanks,
Eowyn :)
<message edited by eowynshieldmaiden on Wednesday, September 23, 2015 7:29 PM>

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, September 24, 2015 4:15 AM
I'm so glad it went well and everyone was so nice Eowyn which means so much to us at a time like that. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you for B9 results and there's no doubt the waiting is the worst!Pals
Carepage- survivortricia

vanessacraig
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:28 PM
Hello everyone my name is Vanesa. For a period of time I had one roommate with breast cancer and only then I saw how hard and painful it was to have such illness. And I wanted to offer my help and support but because I didn't have that much information I found out "reachout.life"and since then I have been using it not only for cancers but for other diseases too, and I suggested it to all of my friend. All of us either we suffer from diseases or know someone that does. So is important to have the right information and support from other people that are going through same circumstances. The app is called "reachout" and you can download it for free. www.reachout.life
<message edited by vanessacraig on Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:30 PM>

Change Page: << < ..171172173174175176177178 > | Showing page 177 of 178, messages 3521 to 3540 of 3541