Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 18 of 178, messages 341 to 360 of 3541
Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 6:08 PM
Julie,

I think i mentioned before that when my son was born at 33 weeks, we had to wake him every three hours for a feed and vitamin drops!!!!  I remember it well and the fatigue!!!:(

Once he caught up he did so well and is 34 years old now with a wife and baby, those little babies will catch up and I hope sooner rather than later!!!:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

JulieS
  • Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 6:51 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Tricia!
Helps to keep up the hope that they will do well.
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

melliel
  • Total Posts : 92
  • Reward points : 2510
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 8:15 PM
My sweet husband makes me happy every day.  He is here for me and does so many things for me.  Also, my sister-in-law, who lives in another state, called to see how I was doing and to lend emotional support. She basically went thru the same thing last year that I am going thru now. I was diagnosed with bc in January when I found the lump accidently. I have had all the tests and had a lumpectomy Feb 7.  No cancer in the lymph nodes and the margins are clear on the lump. It is stage 1 but is a high risk cancer.  I am now waiting for the results on my Ocotye DX test which should be here next week to see if I will need chemo.  We are praying for no chemo. There will be radiation, 6 weeks.

I have a question about using the message boards - probably an obvious answer.  How to I post a message that is not a reply to another message, which is what I have done here?  This is my first posting.
Diagnosed: 1/27/2011:  Invasive Carcinoma of left breast er/pr +, her2 - 
Surgery 2/7/2011:  Lumpectomy. Margins negative, 2 Lymph nodes negative.
1.8 cm  stage 1A
Oncotype Dx  34 
Chemo:Taxotere & Cytoxan - done
Rads - 30 treatments - done!
Arimidex for 5 years
Metformin/placebo trial - 5 years

God never closes one door without opening another but sometimes it is hell in the hallway!

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 9:41 PM
Mellie,
Welcome....sorry you have been dx'd but it sounds like you have support which is wonderful!
You can post a new message when you click on the forum link (such as "sound off" or "introduce yourself" then at the upper left there is a button to click that says new message.
Hope that helps. 
I did not have chemo (the ocotype test was brand new and they didn't do it on me) but a lumpectomy and rads and am now on Arimidex. 
Continue to join us ....lots of support and caring here also a wonderful place to get real life information.
Hope and strength,
Julie S
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

melliel
  • Total Posts : 92
  • Reward points : 2510
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 10:18 PM
I guess I must be missing something because I don't see anything about "new message" in the upper left or anywhere on the page. For example, at the top of this page all I see is "reply to message" , plus the usual "prev thread" "next thread" and that type thing.  It does show my user name and the forum menu but none of those menu items mention new message. Please be patient with me. Thanks, Melliel
Diagnosed: 1/27/2011:  Invasive Carcinoma of left breast er/pr +, her2 - 
Surgery 2/7/2011:  Lumpectomy. Margins negative, 2 Lymph nodes negative.
1.8 cm  stage 1A
Oncotype Dx  34 
Chemo:Taxotere & Cytoxan - done
Rads - 30 treatments - done!
Arimidex for 5 years
Metformin/placebo trial - 5 years

God never closes one door without opening another but sometimes it is hell in the hallway!

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 05, 2011 10:59 PM
No problem, Mellie, I only read here for months before I ever even signed in. :-)
At the top, right under your name it says
All forums>>>>(community rooms)>>>>Sound off

If you click on the All forums it will take you to a list of forums
When you click on which forum you want to post under in the place where it says "reply to message" it will say "post new message"
I will check back if this doesn't help let me know...and I will keep trying till you get it.  This is new to many (and me only a few years ago!) and takes a while to get it.
I'll be back to check on you soon!

Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, March 06, 2011 7:01 AM
Julie - sorry to be late getting back here...busy day yesterday!  I am so glad you made your appt!  Now we can all hang out here with you for a week:-)  My oncologist does blood work and they make the appt for me before I leave, every 6 months,  I guess.  My surgeon also makes the appts and schedules the mammos and MRI's...he told me he wants to keep an eye on me a bit longer than normal becuase my cancer was so aggressive!  YIPEE!  I am sending prayers to you all for the little guys...and a wedding!                     Lucky you - that was one of the best times in my life with my daughter...it all went so smoothly and we had such fun doing it...not like thobe BRIDES you see on reality TV! 
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:00 PM
Me,
You have to start from the original catagory.  In other words, if you log in and click on the sound off section, there will be a box the says "new message".  click on it and you will need to 1st, post the topic, and then post your question or rant or whatever in the box, then click on post message. 
Good luck.  We are here for you!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Her Dotness
  • Total Posts : 564
  • Reward points : 4525
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, March 06, 2011 8:27 PM
I've felt so down lately with vicious chemo fatigue that I've simply been dragging about with very little to brighten my outlook.

Needed to shop yesterday for a few household necessities and got myself a Starbucks decaf when done which made me feel pampered as I sat in the car sipping it until I felt energetic enough to go home or elsewhere. My legs feel so wobbly at times that I'm afraid I might collapse, so I truly must sit until I feel stronger again. A nice little reprieve sipping that coffee proved to be.

And then, it occurred to me that I needed more of a spirit booster, so I drove over to a Lowe's where I found some petunia and pansy seeds to get going in my seed starter for planting in my container garden in mid-April. Just the right time to get those seedlings started. Finding those made me feeling more cheerful, but what I really wanted was a new African violet which Lowe's hadn't had any of the times I'd looked for them before.

But yesterday they did! I got a lovely deep purple mini-African violet and then rescued a beautiful faded white-flowered one with tinges of pale pink. I think once that one gets happier and feels wanted and loved, it may have much more vividly colored blooms. For now, it looks rather frail but seems to be recovering after some TLC.

I do love choosing plants that are showing the neglect typically given them in stores. Generally, I can save them, and have ended up with some lovely blooming friends as a result.

So, there's my joy moments yesterday. I needed them a great deal and feel somewhat cheerier today for having had them.

Hope that everyone else finds your joy, too,
Dot
dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
1/5/11 lumpectomy, SLND 2+, ALND - 
T1c, clean margins!
er +/pr + (My little nasty was an estrogen drunk, said my med onc.) HER2 -
Chemo: TC Done 4/30/11 
Rads:  Done 6/30/11 
Arimidex 7/11-? 

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 8:19 AM
Good for you Dot!  Joy doesn't always find us - we need to go out and grab it and you did just that!   Hope you fatigue eases.

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 10:40 AM
I am joyful because I am alive and healthy.  Sometimes we get busy or consumed with silly problems and forget to be thankful that we alive and we should realize what a JOY it is!!!  I was able to enjoy my 10 year old Grandson this weekend.  He is so cute and is still a sweet boy.  We played games, rented a movie and he ATE.  I never had a child that eats like he does.  I hope everyone has a great Monday.     Hugs,   Mary L      
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

Jean Southward
  • Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 11:29 AM
I have a different feeling about the tube feedings since my daughters babies were born.  My grandsons were on tube feedings for a time but not like this.  I just think that the Gtube will allow them to thrive and once they do you will all be so relieved!! I sure wish you all the very best success with it!!
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 11:52 AM
Thanks Jean, 
I think once the babies are home from their surgeries (as of now it is all about getting enough calories into them)   Mom and Dad will have more time to play with them and maybe even have some time to talk to each other!   Their lungs are so bad I worry about them being put "under."   I am sure it will be fine.  Will feel better once it is over.
Good to have support here...even if it doesn't have to do with bc.
Hope and strength,
Julie
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Jean Southward
  • Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 11:56 AM
Well this is the best place to get support and I don't think there is a one of us that cares if it is about something other than BC!  We need each other in many ways!!
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 

Her Dotness
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 4:08 PM
I'm feeling a bit stronger overall today, Elaine, thanks for your good wishes. At least, I woke up HUNGRY after wanting not much of anything to eat yesterday. Had a nice bowl of fresh blueberries that tasted wonderful!

Shortly after that, I decided to get out the super glue and mend some soup crocks I'd ordered that arrived chipped and with the handle of one broken off. Yep, you guessed it....flat glued my thumb and index finger together. And that was when I discovered that I didn't have any nail polish remover... Luckily, today is hubby's Sunday, so he very kindly ran over to Wal-Mart and bought me a bottle. It took a HALF HOUR of soaking to get my fingers apart, can you believe it? Not exactly joyful, but I had to laugh at how dumb it was to have paid no attention to the fact that I was gluing my thumb and finger better than the soup crock.

One thing that's been a help which I didn't think I'd need just yet has been hubby's new power scooter. The tech told him that for at least three weeks we need to run it a bit every day and then put it on the charger so that the battery gets charged to capacity.

It's really helped me get more fresh air since I can zoom around in it for much longer than I'd be able to walk. I hate that I can't walk any distance, but at least, I'll be done with chemo just as the hiking trails in our area dry out from spring rains. I sure do hope that I'll be able to get back in shape before Memorial Day so that I can get more exercise! Walking even a quarter mile wears me out right now.

In case no one's thought this lately, chemo SUCKS!

Dot
dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
T1c, clean margins!
Arimidex 7/11-? 

mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 4:26 PM
Julie, You are really going through alot with your darling grand babies.  I am praying for them.  I wish the very best for them and their Grandma.  Babies are so sweet and pure and I pray for them to do well and start eating and gaining weight.  Hugs,  Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 5:54 PM
I'd echo Marys words to you Julie and praying for them all to do well and catch up fast!!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, March 07, 2011 11:08 PM
Thanks ladies...surgery tomorrow.  So the prayers are much appreciated.

Dot, you gave me a huge laugh thinking of you sitting there with your fingers glued together. (wonder what you said when you realized you had done that?)  Good thing your hubby was home....now every time you use those soup crocks you will giggle thinking of gluing your fingers together. 

I will let you know when the babies are out of surgery.

Hope and strength,
Julie S

Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Her Dotness
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:40 AM
JulieS

Dot, you gave me a huge laugh thinking of you sitting there with your fingers glued together. (wonder what you said when you realized you had done that?) 

Ummmm...well, I said a few very un-ladylike words, one starting with "s" and the other with "f" among others. And then, I simply had to laugh at how focused I'd been on getting the chipped piece precisely in place that I didn't even notice the pads of my thumb and index finger had become solidly stuck together. I'm blaming chemo-brain for my inattention even though I know full well I'd have been quite likely to have done the same thing pre-chemo.

Good thing your hubby was home....now every time you use those soup crocks you will giggle thinking of gluing your fingers together.

Sure was a blessing he was able to go get the nail polish remover for me. I'd rather not brighten a cashier's day by having to fumble to get into my wallet to pay for my purchase with dominant hand thumb and index finger stuck together. I'm just not that generous. heh heh

Glad you got a good laugh at my expense, Julie, and sure do hope your grands will come through the surgery well with the hoped for results. 

Cheers!
Dot
dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
T1c, clean margins!
Arimidex 7/11-? 

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 1625
  • Reward points : 4250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 6:47 AM
Sending prayers for the Babes successful Surgery Julie,  after which special thoughts that they go from strength to strength. x
Non Hodgkins Lymphoma Extra Nodal (Stomach + BM)
Stage IV C. Survivor x 5 years
T/ment: 8 cycles Rituxan CVP x 8 + Rads. x 30
Friends affected by Breast Cancer

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 18 of 178, messages 341 to 360 of 3541