Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 178, messages 361 to 380 of 3541
Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:02 AM
Julie - I am thinkng of you all this morning and praying all goes well!
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:36 AM
Ditto Julie!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

JulieS
  • Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 2:34 PM
My son called and the girls are out of surgery and doing well. Guess Lily is quite fussy....which is to be expected, she is the diva (loves wearing the headbands with the flowers) so is most likely unhappy to have a scar on her tummy. LOL  Haven't heard for a while on how Timmy is doing  so really anxious.  they are also doing a nission fundplacion...for his GERD.  Some how they tighten up the top of his stomach to prevent the stomach acid from coming up into his throat and him asperating it.
Thank you ladies for all of your support, thoughts and prayers.
Will be back when I hear from my son.
Hope and strength,
Julie S
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Her Dotness
  • Total Posts : 564
  • Reward points : 4525
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 3:03 PM
That's heartening news, Julie! Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to post it.

:::::: does happy-for-Julie's-grandbabies-and-entire family dance :::::::

Dot
dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
1/5/11 lumpectomy, SLND 2+, ALND - 
T1c, clean margins!
er +/pr + (My little nasty was an estrogen drunk, said my med onc.) HER2 -
Chemo: TC Done 4/30/11 
Rads:  Done 6/30/11 
Arimidex 7/11-? 

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 4:18 PM
Thanks for the update Julie and so glad the Diva is content and hoping little Timmy is okay too!!:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 6:03 PM
Well, finally heard from my son.  All surgeries are complete and all the babies are fine.  Little Timmy now has an upside down T on his tummy (one scar from the surgery when he had NEC as a newborn) the other from his surgery today.  Doesn't matter.....he is alive and will do well. 
Thank you so much for all of your good wishes.  A few days in the hospital and they should be home.  What a relief that will be.....
One thing about all this is I had totally forgot about my onco appointment next week.  That seems small in comparison to worrying about the grand's.
Hope and strength,
Julie
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:17 PM
So happy to hear the good news!  They will thrive with all that love around them.... 

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:56 AM
Phew, delighted to hear the good news Julie and hope they'll be back home very soon!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:02 AM
Julie,
Here's to gaining lots of weight and getting stronger each day!!
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Jean Southward
  • Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:29 AM
Dot, don't ever try to open super glue with your teeth either....I did and wasn't good.  Now you can laugh!!
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 11:22 AM
Oh my goodness Jean.....that doesn't sound like it turned out well.

I think I will stay away from superglue....lol

Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Her Dotness
  • Total Posts : 564
  • Reward points : 4525
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 12:20 PM
Jean Southward

Dot, don't ever try to open super glue with your teeth either....I did and wasn't good.  Now you can laugh!!

Ooooooo, Jean. Just reading that was painful. I don't think I want to know what you had to do to get fixed up. EEEEEKKKKK!

I am feeling joyful beyond words today. Last night while getting dinner, I realized that I was bopping about the kitchen much as I would have pre-dx. My med onc told me that the 2nd week of each chemo cycle I'd likely feel quite normal, but last cycle the flu cheated me out of that week. I was so beastly sick all that week and felt worse because I was just plain MAD that I'd gotten flu to ruin my chances of enjoying that normal week!

I simply feel terrific today and am about to haul our comforter off to the laundromat to get it clean and smelling good for a change. I shudder to think how long it's been since I've felt well enough to do that, and besides, the weather's been so cold for so long that we just pretended we were bears in mid-hibernation waiting for spring warmth to freshen everything again.

Hope everyone else is feeling good today, too. Ain't life grand sometimes?

Cheers!
Dot

dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
1/5/11 lumpectomy, SLND 2+, ALND - 
T1c, clean margins!
er +/pr + (My little nasty was an estrogen drunk, said my med onc.) HER2 -
Chemo: TC Done 4/30/11 
Rads:  Done 6/30/11 
Arimidex 7/11-? 

Jean Southward
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 1:49 PM
It's funny how that energy can come and go.  I was playing hide and seek with my cat last night. (I know, who does this with their CAT?)  But while I was running and hiding and jumping out at her and laughing it dawned on me how long it had been since I had that kind of energy at the end of a day.  Even though it seems that I don't feel like that often enough, it sure feels good to feel good!!  But that being said I have also learned to listen to my body and forgive myself those days that aren't so good.  Those are the ones that I pudder around the house doing little things at best and find the comfort of a warm blanket, hot coffee and something easy on TV.  I use to be terrible about giving myself any down time if there was work to be done.  Now I am much better at listening to myself and taking what time I need to for myself.
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10

mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:20 PM
yippee!Jean, wow can I relate to that.  I was always a "everthing had to be perfect" homemaker.  Even while I was raising 3 kids.  I would not go to bed at night until everthing was exactly how I thought it had to be.  I still try to be that way but my energy level lets me know when it is time to quit.  I always had to clean the whole house in one day.  Well, now I do the upstairs one day and the downstairs the next day.  Today is laundry day.  Of course I am older and it isn't just post cancer side effects but I do know my energy level is not what it was.  I had so much energy and I really miss it.  I play with my cat all the time.  They are such wonderful, loving pets.  I receive so much love and happiness from my furry cat.  He loves to share is long fur!!!!  Oh well, more cleaning.   Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

Jean Southward
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 2:34 PM
My husband is very helpful.  For example when he gets home from work today he is going to run the vacuum.  Last night I dusted and cleaned bathroom.  I try to split things up as well.  Do small loads of laundry more often so that I don't have big laundry on any given day.  I fix a big meal on Sundays.  Hubby bowls on Monday so he grabs a sandwich at the bowling alley so that we can have the leftovers on Tuesday.  Wednesday we eat very simply as my daughter and her husband come over with their two year old while their 4 year old is at Awana's.  So Thursday we cook together and plan leftovers for Friday.  We really have worked hard to come up with a plan that keeps things much simpler for us.  We clean together on Saturdays, we get groceries together or take turns just picking up a few things at the store.  I give him lots of credit for never complaining when I ask if he can make the store run cause I'm tired or don't feel like going out in the cold.  He knows it takes a lot of my energy getting thru the work day so he is right there helping.  But it has taken my letting go.  To not always be the planner, the doer, the go-getter.  To let some things slide and realize they just aren't going to be as important to me as they once were. 
Jean S

Emily Dickinson

HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10

mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:33 PM
Jean, I have a very supportive husband. however household chores are mine.  When it comes to cooking, it is easier for him to bring food in and it is usually not very healthy.  I wouldn't trade him, even if I could, as he was there for me all through my tx.  Tonight we are doing Tomato soup and grilled chesse sandwiches.  It actually sounds good to me.   Mary L
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 10, 2011 6:44 AM
I wasn't sure if this was a blessing, until i had a few days under my belt.
We got a new puppy on Saturday!!  he is the cutest thing!  I have not slept through the night since.  Getting up 2 x a night to facilitate the potty training (DH is away on business), and sleeping on the sofa, so I can be close to the door when it's time to GO.  Wow I forgot how much work having a new "baby" is.    Aawww, I'm in Love
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:05 AM
Oh, Sharon!  AWESOME!!!  IS it a yellow lab?  ARE YOU NUTS!  We have always had 2 dogs and Bob has been bugging me, so far I have resisted!  I am so tired at night I just dont know...what about your surgery tomorrow?  I hope the cavalry is coming....
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:48 AM
Pat,
I said the same thing,  'am I nuts?"  Ha, we all know the answer to that!   I was resisting as well, but we see who won that one...
What about the next week??? or if I have to have the abdominal conversion?  That will not be fun:(. 
Got the gang coming to pitch in, so they will have to do the 2 & 6am potty runs.
He is the same kind of dog as our last (in my avatar). GSD.  He looks like a little polar bear.  Aawww, did I say he was cute? lol

I'm starving already...clear liq today and the dreaded bowel prep this afternoon.  waaaaaa
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Jean Southward
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:50 AM
good luck Sharon!  As far as the pup goes, they are good for us.  Keeps us on our toes!!  I miss my dogs.  Have cats now and as much as I enjoy them I still miss that interaction with a dog!!  My daughter has one now and I call her my grandpuppy!!
Jean S

Emily Dickinson

HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 178, messages 361 to 380 of 3541