Daily Diary of Joy

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 20 of 178, messages 381 to 400 of 3541
mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:12 AM
yippee!Sharon, congratulations on your new puppy.  Puppies are the cutest little things but they are a ton of work till they are trained.  Take a picture of him.  Best wishes!!!     Mary L           
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:12 AM
yippee!Sharon, congratulations on your new puppy.  Puppies are the cutest little things but they are a ton of work till they are trained.  Take a picture of him.  Best wishes!!!     Mary L           
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

Her Dotness
  • Total Posts : 564
  • Reward points : 4525
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:32 AM
Sure wish we could have a pet or two again, but I think it'd have to be goldfish.

In our apartment, a cat or dog would cost us a $400 deposit plus $25/mo pet rent. Add on food and vet bills....nope, don't think so what with all my medical bills currently. Sure do miss having a kitty kid, though.
< sniffle >

Dot
dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
1/5/11 lumpectomy, SLND 2+, ALND - 
T1c, clean margins!
er +/pr + (My little nasty was an estrogen drunk, said my med onc.) HER2 -
Chemo: TC Done 4/30/11 
Rads:  Done 6/30/11 
Arimidex 7/11-? 

Army Mom
  • Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:28 PM
Well, to get everyone caught up. As you had read in one of my post about the new "normal" sucking...I was having issues with my job and being able to handle the multi tasking and the stress etc. I have since moved to my new position and I have to say I am so much happier and sleeping better at night. Much less stress in the origination of mortgages and home equity lines of credit and I know it like the back of my hand. I did take a cut in pay, but I do have peace of mind.

This past weekend hubby and I went to the Big Apple for our oldest son's wedding. OMG we had a phenominal time. I love NYC !! This was our first trip there, I liked it more than hubby did. <g> The hotel Roosevelt was awesome and so was the Crowne Plaza where the wedding took place. Right in the heart of the theatre district on Broadway !! We did not get to do as much sight seeing as we would have liked but did make it to the Statue of Liberty. We did so much walking and up and down steps, we must have walked 20 miles. Even got on the wrong subway once and ended up in a not so nice part of Queens. I told my hubby, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore Toto. A nice policewoman told us we should prob get back on the subway LOL.
The wedding was wonderful, so many people there from all over the country. One of his best men even came all the way from Spain !! The bride was beautiful, the groom so handsome as well ans the bridesmaids and groomsmen.
We partied and danced the night away and then went to an after party at a little bar called Faces and Names. Got back to the Crowne about 3am !!  Our youngest son was also able to make it and was also a groomsmen. He had a great time (maybe a bit toogreat of time <g>) he came back to the hotel about 4am and headed straight out to the airport to catch his flight back to CO.
Hubby and I took our time, got to see Michael and Amanda before we left for our flight. So glad to get home but I am planning a trip to NYC again so that I can do some more things and hit some broadway plays.
My dogs were so glad to see me and I missed them so much. My one corgi Patti has cancer and not sure how long we will have her with us. We are enjoying each day for now and keeping her comfy until the time comes when we must say goodbye. For now, she is happy and frisky and you would never know she was sick.
Anyway, love all you gals and have a great day !!
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 16, 2011 3:46 PM
Hi Grace,

Wow, what a happy post and I'm so glad the new job worked out so well for you, peace of mind is well worth taking a drop in salary for:)

The wedding and trip sounds wonderful and I'm really glad everything went so well:)
I'm so sorry to hear of your corgi's diagnosis though but hope you won't have to say goodbye for a long while yet!!
((((hugs))))
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:00 PM
Grace -

So happy that the job change turned out for the best! 

I'm from NYC originally and still a New Yorker at heart :)  I love it when other people fall in love with my city.  It is a great place -- the best and the worst of everything, as I like to say.  Took my grandson (13) to NYC last year and we had a blast, althought he felt it was too 'chaotic'... ha ha.

Stay happy.

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

JulieS
  • Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:15 AM
Sharon, Hope you are resting and just doing the enjoyable part of your being puppy mom. 

Grace.....sounds like a lovely wedding and like you enjoyed the party.  Such special memories watching young people (and sometimes not so young, my Aunt remarried when she was 75) starting their lives together. 
Mary, My DIL was raised in Glenmoor (SP) not to far outside of Philly.  Loved visiting Philadelphia when we were back there visiting our son....so much history in that area.
Hope you all are doing well.
Julie S
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:46 AM
Grace,
Wow, what a great time you must have had!  NYC is like the center of the earth- so much going on-24 hours a day.  My DS lives just across the river, and works in the city , so we get the "insiders" view when we go. Hope you had the unlimited Metro Card so your wrong way subway ride didn't cost extra.  You went "sightseeing" lol
I'm so sorry about Patti's dx.  It's devestating to lose a beloved pet:((

Julie,
Mary is just North of Phil, and I am just South.  Pat grew up there!  It's like 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon,lol

Happy St Patrick's Day !  Hope everyone is getting their green on!

<message edited by sharonma on Thursday, March 17, 2011 7:49 AM>
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 17, 2011 8:05 AM
Top 'O The Morning, ALL!!!!!  Have a great day!!!!

DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:08 AM
Hoping you all remembered the green today!  My hubby reminded me that my mom used to make him corned beef and cabbage....I told him sorry I don't like corned beef!  Will make the cabbage though.  My mom was so good at knowing how to get to her SIL's heart....food! LOL
Going off shopping to look for a dress to wear to the daughters wedding....it is afternoon pretty informal, May22. Seems all I can find that is dressy has sparkles on it...ummm not for a afternoon wedding.  Part of the problem is I need......Ummm a larger size....ok a plus size. :-(  I don't want a bright color but it seems like so many are black.  Thought I may be able to find a "Easter" type dress but guess those don't exist anymore.
Sharon, I loved the area around Philadelphia it is beautiful and so historic. Not such a fan of the toll roads though. LOL
Have a good day ladies!
Hope and strength,
Julie S
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 1625
  • Reward points : 4250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 17, 2011 2:40 PM
That's wonderful News regarding your new Work Position Grace, so happy you are less stressed!  NYC, I loved it, some time ago but what Energy that City Possesses.  I am sorry to hear of Patti's illness and hope she'll be about for a long while to come:)

Good luck with the Dress Jules, isn't it always the way, when you want something specific you can't find the darn thing!!  

Happy St Patricks's Day!!!
Non Hodgkins Lymphoma Extra Nodal (Stomach + BM)
Stage IV C. Survivor x 5 years
T/ment: 8 cycles Rituxan CVP x 8 + Rads. x 30
Friends affected by Breast Cancer

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, March 17, 2011 3:33 PM
Julie,
Try WhitehouseBlackmarket.  They usually have a good selection of day "dressy" dresses.  And despite the name, have more than just black and white.

Question of the day.
Is there anything a puppy doesn't want to chew???????? 
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Army Mom
  • Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 18, 2011 3:31 PM
Julie,

I had to buy a dress for the wedding. I also am wearing a plus size and the dresses do seem to run a bit small. I got mine from David's Bridal. I was so lucky to have found mine and I know what you mean about all the sparkle on some of the dresses or some are very "old" looking. David's had a nice selection of short and long dresses.
The wedding color was Navy Blue and the dress is Navy as well. It is a long dress and I did have to have it hemmed up. "blast these short legs" LOL
I will be selling it I think since I doubt I will be wearing it anyplace else.
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

sharonma
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Friday, March 18, 2011 3:34 PM
Today is my oldest DS birthday.  He is truely a joy!!!
node neg stage1 gr ll
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:17 AM
Yea!!! Found a dress....you are right Grace....got it at Davids bridal! LOL  It does have a little sparkle on the collar and just under the bust but is a light mocha color and hits just below the knee.  And I left the best for last....it was on sale....only $80!! It was 180, but think it may have been last years style...well I sure don't care and my bride liked it so now just need shoes...I am thinking some chocolate low heel sandals.  I feel so relieved to have found it!

Sharon, isn't it so special to think about the day our babies were born...truly a special day in our hearts and memories.

Thanks ladies for the dress advice!
Julie
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 19, 2011 11:59 AM
Good job on the dress shopping ladies!  There is nothing we can't help each do - eh?  Love Komenville :)

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 19, 2011 3:51 PM
Julie- your dress sounds a gorgous colour and I hope you get the bag and shoes on sale too!!!:)

I must have missed a post, when is the wedding ????
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

JulieS
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 19, 2011 6:04 PM
The wedding is May 22.  We are hoping for a nice day as she really, really wants to be married outside....however there is a tent if we need to use it.  Can't ever tell what the weather will do here.
Things are moving along, we have the invitations, caterier (vegan food) photographer (Mhari Scott from the philly area, just moved here), getting cakes from a small co-op store here, they are also vegan.  Working on music and flowers now.  Lots of work and $$$ but then we will have them all through college and married...sorta sad about that. 
Sunny here today....first day of Spring tomorrow!!!! Yeah!!! Don't forget to look at the moon rise tonight...suppose to be extra big!
Have a nice day!
Julie S
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

Tricia Keegan
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, March 19, 2011 7:12 PM
Sounds like a very busy time for you Julie lol, but I'm sure you're loving every minute of it!!!

I hope you get lovely weather on the day, it's still chilly here but lots of sunshine and blue skies and a feel of spring, sadly it's too cloudy to see the moon tonight though!:(
Carepage- survivortricia

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, March 22, 2011 7:16 AM
the moon was AWESOME this weekend, wasn't it?  We sat out on our dock Saturday night, with a glass of wine, and watched it come up over the water...it was truly amazing and a night I will not forget.  It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to know we are all sitting somewhere looking at the same moon... 
(close as I could get - I know there is no moon:-( )
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 20 of 178, messages 381 to 400 of 3541