Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The waiting room!!!
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 21 of 482, messages 201 to 210 of 4817
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 2:57 AM
Great job sista Pat, and love those smileys:)

Hang in there Cindy, as Pat says we all go through this but it helps to keep it in perspective in possible:)

hiding
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
kare369

• Total Posts : 43
  • Reward points : 9700
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:40 AM
Hello all ! I had my other biospy done yesterday, well sort of. They wanted to do an mri biospy on another spot on my breast that looked funny. This so called spot will determine my type of surgery. Well the spot is gone! They say this happens in about 15 -20% of women. Crazy ! But maybe I will have a lumpectomy instead of a mastectomy? I have my pet scan tomorrow and port put in on the 11th. Chemo should start on the 16th. Not sure what to expect from chemo yet, but thinking 1 day at a time! Once I get the pet scan results I am hoping to feel much better and ready to fight!!! Hope everyone has a great day!
kare369

Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:41 AM
Hey, what are these reward points for ??
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 8:54 AM
Karen - that is good news and keeping my fingers crossed for PET scan as well!  I had a partial mastectomy, surgeon says we couldn't call it a lumpectomy because there was no lump after chemo!   The radiologist sat and drew me a picture, like a three dimensional box, of the huge chunk of tissue that was removed and you cannot tell unless you are staring at me head on, full frontal view, naked!  Not too many people get that privelege, let me tell you!!!!!  You will get through the chemo, we will all help you.  My onc told me before I started, there are no side effects that we cannot take care of, only the hair loss...and that is only temporary!  Sending lots of hugs!!!!
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
kare369

Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 9:15 AM
Thanks Pat ! I will keep you informed.
LaudyLo

• Total Posts : 679
  • Reward points : 1160
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:45 AM
Sending a big smile your way on your good news and keeping you in my thoughts and sending hugs to ya Karen!
Laurie/S.Fl.
DX@ age: 46 on 8/17/09
IDC Stage 1, Grade 3, Node Neg. Hert2-
Lumpectomy R.B. 1.08 CM.  Er+ & PR+
Onca score:  "24"          BRCA-Negitive!
Chemo-(8) C.M.F...   DONE final 3/17/10
Rads x 36..............   DONE final 6/04/10
1200 UI Vitamin D    & Tamoxifen 5 yrs.

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:47 PM
Holding good thoughts for you Karen, and also to Cindy, hoping your appt goes well:) x
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
farla

• Total Posts : 624
  • Reward points : 6720
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:14 PM
Hey guys, I haven't been on lately -computer problems...
Anyway, Karen - oh good luck with the pet scan - can you bring in your own cd to listen to?  I was so scared with mine, I just kept repeating the 23rd psalm over and over.  That valley of death was my chemo time ( I got very imaginative during that scan!)  It is loud, and takes a long time.  I'll keep you in my thoughts for good results!
So, I'm going in for a 3 month checkup tomorrow - on my one year cancerversary!  It was August 4th when my radiologist said that she saw something on my us, and saved my life.  Sometimes I refer to it as my second birthday - the day I was born again?  I dunno.  Not sure how to celebrate, it just happens to be a sad day here (Anyone hear on the news about that shooting in Connecticut?  My son's good friend's father died, and the funeral is tomorrow) And people celebrate with food, but I'm watching my weight, or buying something, but money is tight, so I couldn't decide.
Actually I have already celebrated - last summer I get this card in the mail - an offer.  Test drive a maserati and get and gift card for a local spa.  I'm thinking - is there a down side to this?  So it took me a year to cash that card - but I got a facial today!
Anyway - I am not worried - I never had anything on my physical, and my mammo was negative.  My appts are with the surgeon and oncologist, and I am getting reclast (IV). Then they'll tell me what imaging studies they want. I'm waiting until next week, when I go to the radiologist and THEN I will worry, and not sleep.  So, send good thoughts now, but save the really powerful stuff for a bit later when I get my scans, and I need the help!
Good luck everyone!
hugs
Farla
dx 8/09, R double lumpectomy, invasive mixed DCIS/LCIS
ER + PR + Her -
1/3 Sentinel pos. 1/15 nodes pos
 Stage 2A  Grade 2, Nottingham 6
chemo A/C x4, Taxol x 4 started 9/21/09 DONE!!!
femara  started 2/5/10
rads  2/8/10 DONE!!!
Now - osteoporosis?  Vit D, calcium, and a baby aspirin to boot!
LaudyLo

• Total Posts : 679
  • Reward points : 1160
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, August 04, 2010 6:28 AM
Hey there Farla girl friend dear:)!! A big congrats to ya on your one year kid'do! It was August 17th. when the radiologist gave me my terrible news, we both were DX'd around the same time, did not realize that until now.

I'm keep positive thoughts for you and I know things will be good! I get my mam/U.S. and scan in December. It'll be the first one since my DX last August. The doc. is having me wait 6 mos. out from rads., want to make sure all or most of the radioactivity is out of me first , with everything I've had put into me I doubt that'll ever happen LOL!
Laurie/S.Fl.
DX@ age: 46 on 8/17/09
IDC Stage 1, Grade 3, Node Neg. Hert2-
Lumpectomy R.B. 1.08 CM.  Er+ & PR+
Onca score:  "24"          BRCA-Negitive!
Chemo-(8) C.M.F...   DONE final 3/17/10
Rads x 36..............   DONE final 6/04/10
1200 UI Vitamin D    & Tamoxifen 5 yrs.

fight4myboys

• Total Posts : 262
  • Reward points : 3535
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, August 04, 2010 10:38 AM
Hey Cindy and everyone,

I am also on a 3 month follow plan.  I was diagnosed 2 years ago and it will be 2 yrs in Nov. that I finished chemo.  Is this normal or is it that I have a high chance of reaccurane?  I was just wondering that the other day.  Some of the ladies I met in treatment and are still close with get to go every 6 mos.  I am ok with every 3 mos, makes me feel a little more secure that if something comes back it will be caught early..I hate this damn disease...I usually dont get too much anxiety over the appts, but I am always anxious to get my blood work results..It never ends but it has gotten easier..Chest x-rays every 6 mos..Now those get the anxiety level up..Glad we have a wonderful group here that understands us..

Hugs,

Susie
43@ DX 7/18/08
No primary breast tumor
only found by biopsy of axilla lymph nodes
er/pr+ her-
Chemo 8/08 4 a/c 4 taxol finished 11/24/08
Bilat mast 12/08. w/ tissue expanders
5+/23 nodes
No signs of tumor in breast after pathology
pet, ct, and mri all negative for primary tumor 
 28 Rads started 2/2/09 finished 3/13/09  YEA!!!!!!!!!
hysterectomy April 24, 2009
 expander exchange for silicone 11/19/09
Aromosin May09- 5 YRS

Change Page: << < ..21222324252627282930.. > | Showing page 21 of 482, messages 201 to 210 of 4817

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll