Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The waiting room!!!
Change Page: << < ..461462463464465466467468469470.. > | Showing page 461 of 482, messages 4601 to 4610 of 4817
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:47 PM
Thanks, all! Elaine, you're so right about LMN! This time, the movie was about a woman whose husband faked his own death to be with his "other" wife. Wait a minute--the last one I saw was about the exact same thing! 
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, January 15, 2014 6:07 PM
I hope you're not paying for this Rena???:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:31 PM
Rena:  Glad your test went okay and wishing you good results for the polyps.

Elaine:  Good luck with your results as well.

They had the water shut off for about two hours last night right when the "prep" kicked in.  I am really glad that the water pipe didn't break last week when the temperatures were below zero.  Got scared this morning when the city decided to come and do a water quality check.  They turned on the faucet outside my front door before they rang the bell.  The racket from the pipe made me think something exploded.  I wish he would have asked before he did that as he ended up flooding my sidewalk by the front door.  It immediately froze and my sister nearly fell when she came by. Thank God she was still holding the door.  It saved her.

The tests went well.  The colonoscopy was clear, no hernia, she did a biopsy of the esophagus and found polyps in the stomach.  Now I have to wait for path results.  

Still frustrated that I have no idea what was causing the pains.  I was told to try a liquid antacid the next time I get them and see if it stops the pain. If it does, then it is acid reflux related.

She also told me that I need to talk to my primary about doing a sleep study.  She said that once I was fully asleep, my breathing kept going low which concerned her staff.  She thinks that I might have sleep apnea and should be tested.

I'm telling you, if it ain't one thing it's another.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Tricia Keegan

Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:14 AM
Thank goodness its something easily treated Tina although frustrating you still have no answers!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, January 16, 2014 10:47 AM
Tina, I'm glad that there is no hernia and that everything else looked normal. I know from experience that stress is a huge acid producer, so I hope that knowing there's nothing wrong in there will help you relax some. Stomach polyps are very common and almost always benign--just more of those weird things that we grow inside ourselves! I hope that the sleep study goes well. Take care of yourself and stay away from icy patches! Glad your sister didn't get hurt.

Elaine, it sounds like good news for you. I'm so glad!

Tricia,no, I don't pay for those corny movies. They're free with our cable package. As Elaine suggested, they are perfect for lulling you to sleep!

I've had awful stomach pains all day and night, probably from trapped air that they blew into me for the endoscopy. I've had the procedure at least twice before, but I've never had such trouble afterwards. I suppose that his removing a polyp the size of his thumb could have something to do with it too! You should have seen the way his face lit up when he told me about it. Like an evil little boy about to pull the wings off a butterfly, he said, "It's in a jar in the other room!" I suppose he would have liked to show it to me. No thank you.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Tricia Keegan

Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:19 PM
Ouch I hope you feel better soon Rena, try some warm milk with ginger or a drop of brandy as either should help I'd say, that Dr sounds like the one I had who wanted to show me the gall stones he's removed ugh!
Carepage- survivortricia
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, January 16, 2014 9:02 PM
Rena--

I am so sorry about the pain.  I know today I just felt bloated the entire day with cramping.  I think it our body telling us that it wasn't happy having "roto-rooter" in it.

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks again, Tricia.  I'm just hoping that I don't get those pains again.  Period.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waiting room!!! - Friday, January 17, 2014 7:36 AM
Regarding the bit taken out of my back for biopsy:  Any ideas on how the hell I remove bandaid, apply anitibiotic ointment, place new bandaid in the MIDDLE of my back???  One of the few disadvantages of living alone - lol.

Hug
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan

Re:The waiting room!!! - Friday, January 17, 2014 9:23 AM
Elaine how did I miss this???  I didn't realize you had had a biopsy, when did that happen and why?? sorry and can't believe I missed it!
Carepage- survivortricia
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waiting room!!! - Friday, January 17, 2014 10:27 AM
It's nothing Tricia.  I had a couple of what I thought, were suspicious moles on my back.  Derm doc said they were nothing, but since I told him one of them was always itchy, he decided to check it out.

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Change Page: << < ..461462463464465466467468469470.. > | Showing page 461 of 482, messages 4601 to 4610 of 4817

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll