Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The waiting room!!!
Change Page: << < ..461462463464465466467468469470.. > | Showing page 463 of 482, messages 4621 to 4630 of 4817
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:54 PM
Thanks Rena and Elaine.

They still don't know what is causing the pains.  I took the suggestion that if it came back try the liquid stuff.  The day before yesterday I started feeling them again.  Yesterday they were in full force.  I tried the liquid and that didn't help.  Now I am beginning to think stress and anger is triggering it.  Either that or yesterday's pain was caused by shoveling snow when it was -2.  

Yesterday was my birthday.  What away to spend it.  Sucking on antacid.  At least today the pains are gone again.  I guess I'll celebrate over the weekend.

Rena--BTW, I was reading about causes of stomach polyps and found out the Prilosec over long periods can cause them.  I've been taking that over 3 years now.  If it ain't one thing it;s another.  I hope you are feeling better.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waiting room!!! - Friday, January 24, 2014 7:15 AM
Happy Birthday Tina!  Damn, I hope you can find out what is causing this pain.  Take care.

Hug
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:The waiting room!!! - Friday, January 24, 2014 8:40 AM
Happy belated Tina!  My nanners aren't working... Maybe they are just too cold???

Wonder why you weren't put on a prescription like nexium or another PPI that would provide longer lasting relief?

Rena,
Did you get test results back yet?
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
scootersmom

Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, January 25, 2014 12:55 PM

Thanks for the belated birthday wishes.  

I'm not on nexium but on omeprazole which is basically a higher doze of Prilosec.  Doesn't really help with the pain.  So far I am on day 2  of no pain.  Let's see what happens later.  I have to go shovel yet more snow so I will see if that has anything to do with it.  I have about 1 1/2 inches from last night and we are expecting another 2-4 tonight to tomorrow morning and then negative temperatures again.

Living in the midwest is so much fun.  The weather will not stay the same for any length of time.  If anyone sees the groundhog walking around that will predict spring, shoot the little bugger so that he can't see if shadow.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:16 PM
Happy Belated Birthday wishes Tina and I do hope you find an answer to your pain very soon.

I went out to shovel and hurt my back and even though I wear a Fentanyl patch, I had to use my other pill form to help with the pain.  I live in the NE and we are having the same kind of weather, in fact, I think it come directly from your part of the country to us.  I use a child shovel so I won't be temped to pick up to much snow and if it's that soft, fluff kind of snow, I use a broom.

Best of luck,

DJ
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:47 PM
The snow here has been light and fluffy, albeit only bc it's so damn cold..... and I'm not one who rarely complains about the cold.   So it's easily pushed with the shovel.   My son is right there with u Tina in Chicago.   It's his second winter there and he's almost ready to raise the white flag, even tho he lives in a condo complex w a doorman and covered parking.    Is it  really (think of four letter words) cold  everywhere????

dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:47 PM
Brrrr, thankfully no snow here as yet ladies although it has been chilly, windy and rainy today with the same for tomorrow but think it'll warm up a little by Monday:) We tend to not get extreme winters or summers anyway, although we did two years ago when we had snow for six weeks but that is very rare, we're not used to it as you all are and it seems like the whole country stops when it snows!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:49 PM
Tina, belated birthday wishes to you. I hope you're feeling better.

No snow here. I spent the day in San Jose with Ilene Argento and Patti Hadrava (both Komen ladies). It was in the 70s and gorgeous!  This has been the warmest January in almost a century. It's fantastic, but we NEED RAIN!!!
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
scootersmom

Re:The waiting room!!! - Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:01 PM
Rena:  I saw the pictures on facebook and it looked like you were having a good time.  

Heatwave today.  I think it was a big whopping 20.  Tonight  colder with wind chills -20 or more.

Sharonma:  Tell your son to stay warm.  I heard there is more snow headed our way tonight and since he lives south of me they are supposed to get it worse.  The coldness is here to stay until at least Wednesday.  Negative temperatures with extremely bad wind chill factors up to -50.  We found comfort in knowing Alaska is actually warmer than we are right now.  Go figure.

Now I'm sitting here planning my vacation thinking: San Diego, San Francisco, Vegas or Mississippi.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:The waiting room!!! - Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:22 PM
Tina, have fun planning that vacation. You've been to San Diego, right? I think that's such a great place for a vacation. Great weather, so much to do and see. If you should end up in San Francisco, please let me know. I'm just a 2-hour drive away. You're so funny--20 is a heat wave!

I did have a really nice time with Ilene and Patti yesterday. Patti is about a 3-hour drive from me, but Ilene actually flew up in the morning from LA and flew back that evening.  We met in San Jose, about halfway between Patti and me. We talked nonstop for about 5 hours!

I'm still waiting for my biopsy results. I called on Friday and the results were there, but no one called me back. Typical. I'm taking that as a sign that everything was benign, and I'm not going to sweat it. I'm still bloated and uncomfortable, and I have no idea way. I've lost a few pounds, but my pants feel tighter because of the bloating. Ugh. My PCP wanted to see me to go over my blood work, so I'll see her tomorrow and find out if she has any theories.

David will be traveling more days in February than he'll be home. I have a lot of work, so I'll keep busy. But if anyone ends up in my neck of the woods, I have a guest room (of sorts)! 

Love to all. Stay warm or stay cool (Elaine?), depending on where you live!

Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Change Page: << < ..461462463464465466467468469470.. > | Showing page 463 of 482, messages 4621 to 4630 of 4817

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll