Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The waiting room!!!
Change Page: << < ..461462463464465466467468469470.. > | Showing page 466 of 482, messages 4651 to 4660 of 4817
Hang Tough

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 3200
Re:The waiting room!!! - Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:15 PM
Great idea! I have taken a sit in the waiting room! I have a spot on my rib that we have been watching for the past 15 months. It has grown to an inch long. They can't tell what it is! One scan it says suspicious for a boney met then we had one that came back and said it could be a fibrous dysplasia. I had a bone biopsy and due to the location of the spot they ended up not being able to reach it! My next scan is in March. I have a new oncologist and she is starting me on Zometa this coming week. I have been having pain this whole time. Most of the time I handle it fine. Then every so often it gets to me and I lose it! So I am here in the waiting room, reading a good book and listening to my music!
Marianne
Diagnosed with Stage 3 Lobular BC 11/09  
Bilateral Mastectomy 12/09  
6 rounds of AC Chemo and 12 weeks of Taxol 2/10-6/10  
6 weeks of radiation 7/10-9/10  
Tamoxifen 7/10 until 7/13 Arimidex 7/13 until 7/19
Reconstruction
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:The waiting room!!! - Monday, February 17, 2014 9:45 AM
Hi Marianne and welcome to the waiting room, I'm sorry you have this worry and can relate as I was in a similar position a few years ago with a spot on my spine, when they couldn't biopsy it my Onc ordered a PET/CT which confirmed there was thankfully no cancer uptake. I think shortly after I had Sciatica and the spot vanished by the next scan, thinking of you and please keep us posted when you can and good luck!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
annette53160

• Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:The waiting room!!! - Monday, February 17, 2014 12:08 PM
Marianne thinking of you and hoping for good news next month.

Tricia what did the sciatica feel like?  I have been having pain from my buttox down my leg.  The pain seems to spike at the back of the knee.  Comes and goes depending on activity level.  Scared to mention it to my onc and have to start with all the scans.  Mamo next month and the nightmares are beginning!  I really think I have arthritis or sciatica but am not sure. 
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara
Tricia Keegan

Re:The waiting room!!! - Monday, February 17, 2014 1:17 PM
Annette, this sounds like Sciatica for sure to me, in my case it begins low on the left side of my back, travels down my buttock and right down to my knee, its almost like a burning pain and I seem to have a flare up every few weeks!  When I saw the PT about it she showed me some exercises to do when I have the pain which did help, if you google them they're easy to find and I also used to belong to a Sciatica group on FB run by a male PT, if you do a search there it should come up and you'll hopefully get reassurance.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:49 PM
Marianne, I'm thinking good thoughts for you and hope you get some good news about this soon. I know the waiting is hard.

Annette, good luck to you, too. I hope you get some relief soon.

Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:The waiting room!!! - Monday, March 24, 2014 4:10 PM
Good luck Marianne. I agree with Tricia that does sound like sciatica Annette.  I had it once and it was a bummer.  Rarely does one read about another tumor in the other breast.  It can happen but it isn't the norm.  If you don't have other complaints like pain in a bone, not a nerve, coughing or pain on the right side by your liver, you will more than likely be ok.

I am waiting to see if we have another snow storm on Tues night into Wed.  I have an oncologist appointment and chemo.  The secretary didn't want to cancel it but I no longer enjoy trips in a blizzard.  I have one on Friday if the snow turns out to be a few inches.  Right now it says 7-8 inches.  I don't want one.  I just hope it stays out to see, rather go for my treatment than have a snow storm.  Never thought I would be saying something like this.
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Tricia Keegan

Re:The waiting room!!! - Monday, March 24, 2014 5:20 PM
I hope you don't get much more snow DJ, its beginning to warm up here a little although a bad day today, fingers crossed your treatment can go ahead.
Carepage- survivortricia
DJ64

Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:13 AM
On Tuesday the prediction of 14 inches of snow with high winds, I cancelled the oncologist appointment and the will give a treatment on Friday.

We received maybe 2 1/2 inches.  Just about all the business and civic places closed.  It was blustery ….  What a waste of people's time.  I am grateful for the little snow.  I want it to melt and adding another 14" to the snow we do have, no doubt it will take longer.

DJ

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Tricia Keegan

Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:13 AM
I'm sorry the snow is delaying everything and causing such impact DJ, we get so little here that when it does snow the whole country almost shuts down!  Btw, I tried to find you on FB but there are so many with that name I gave up, will you try to find me and I'm under my name here:)
Carepage- survivortricia
DJ64

Re:The waiting room!!! - Monday, March 31, 2014 12:27 PM
Well, we only has about 2" but the whole city practically shut down.  They made such a hoopla that everyone thought it best to stay home.  I will try to find you on Facebook.  Have a great time with Rena.

Best to both,
DJ

Change Page: << < ..461462463464465466467468469470.. > | Showing page 466 of 482, messages 4651 to 4660 of 4817

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll