Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The waiting room!!!
Change Page: << < ..471472473474475476477478479480.. > | Showing page 475 of 482, messages 4741 to 4750 of 4817
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, July 24, 2014 3:53 PM
Sharon I'm so sorry your Mom had that experience, thankfully she only lost money and it could have been worse, I'm sure she'll lock her windows from now on!!!

I'm sorry for your issue's too with health, my hubby was taking Lipitor last year and I nag him to continue but he quit when the news report  came out some months ago that it could be harmful, I think I just have a hubby who hates taking meds!!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:59 PM
Sharon, your poor Mom! That's got to be an awful experience knowing that someone was in your house. I'm glad she's OK.

My cardiac calcium score was high, too. I don't recall the exact number. But I've been on statins for several years now, and my numbers are SO much better. I hope you get good results with the Lipitor.

And yes, you're right--how could I forget the incessant scooping??!!

xo 
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waiting room!!! - Friday, July 25, 2014 7:21 AM
I'm happy to report that my primary said "you are very healthy"...love hearing those words!  All of my 'numbers' are perfect. This doc has finally given me a reason as to why my tummy pooches out which doesn't match the rest of my body.  I have diastasis recti - ever heard of it?  Check it out online -- some ugly graphic photos and thank goodness mine isn't like that.  But it's something I've been frustrasted about for a long time.... I will start doing some exercises to see if I can reduce the problem.    (My grandson was right when he said "Yaya, you're not fat, you're just poofy:)  LOL

Sharonma - hope you Mom continues to mend.  Sounds iike she's doing really well.

Tricia - I do the same as Bren sometimes -- I make a remark about "old" people and then suddenly realize that I'M ONE!  lol

Rena - Hope to see you this month -

Stay well everyone.

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Walking84

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 55
Re:The waitng room!!! - Friday, August 01, 2014 1:58 AM
Hi, Debbie here I was reading my paper work from my doc, she on the paper ductal carcinoma  I sitv , stage 0 ,,less then 1.0 cm ; we r waiting for hormone receptor status report to come back. Also my gyno put me on HRT last fall ,and now my surgeon took me off cold turkey , so I am dealing with that and then today we found out the cancer treatment center where I was going to get my radiation will not take r insurance,   So will b driving an hour 1 way for treatment. 
I am sorry for venting , I am so over whelmed  , I know I should b thankful that I caught this so early and i am thanks for listening 😍
Tricia Keegan

Re:The waitng room!!! - Friday, August 01, 2014 4:37 AM
Debbie no need to apologise and this is the place to vent, I'm so sorry you have to travel further for your rads and don't blame you feeling annoyed about it.  I also had a long trip each way and found it very tiring to go each day, hoping your other results come in soon and please keep us posted, just because you found this early doesn't mean you can't be mad as hell that you got Breastcancer in the first place!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:The waitng room!!! - Monday, August 04, 2014 11:03 AM
Debbie,
That is a long drive, but perhaps a few audio books will make the drive more tolerable.  It is also a great distraction from all the cancer stuff.

My mom is in the hospital again.  Unrelated to her hip. she has some sort of bile duct obstruction.  Currently in the endoscopy suite.  Hope this will be something easily treated.  
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waitng room!!! - Monday, August 04, 2014 1:03 PM
Sharonma - Shoot!  Keep us posted…she was doing so well!!!

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan

Re:The waitng room!!! - Monday, August 04, 2014 3:28 PM
Sorry to read this Sharon, will be thinking of your Mom and please keep us posted!

I had a bad day, went for my usual long walk on the beach and my Ipod must have slipped from my pocket and I only missed it when nearly home, I had to retrace my steps so all in all I was out walking for three hours but no luck!:(
Carepage- survivortricia
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:The waitng room!!! - Monday, September 15, 2014 4:33 PM
Quiet on here.  Doxil failed - progressed and also a fracture.  Wednesday, I will learn what is next.  

Doxil only lasted 6 months, not good.

DJ
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Tricia Keegan

Re:The waitng room!!! - Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:33 AM
Oh DJ, I'm so sorry to read this news, please keep us posted on what your Onc suggests next, I think the summer weather has cut down on people posting here as its always more active in the winter, sending good wishes and stay strong as you always are.
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..471472473474475476477478479480.. > | Showing page 475 of 482, messages 4741 to 4750 of 4817

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll