The waiting room!!!

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 241, messages 361 to 380 of 4817
annette53160
  • Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 31, 2010 7:30 AM
Karen, Glad the blood clot was found and being treated.  The scans are just precautionary to make sure no other clots are lurking about.  Good luck with the tests and prayers are coming your way. Keep us posted! xxoo Annette
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara

joy1
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 2445
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 31, 2010 8:37 AM
Way to go Susie your a fighter for sure and Karen glad they caught that blood clot you have been in my prayers along with pat patterson tricia heather and kara sometimes i just say all my komen sisters but God knows which one of us needs his special attention today Heather in surgery he woke me up at 6:30 am i began to pray you no the human in us gets scare but i just wanted to put it in the univerial Heather is doing well by the strenght of God there i feel better peace .
as for sept. 3rd man does my tummy feel quesy at the thought of this test and the waiting i can so relate to ladies in waiting this is a real fear but we have to know or go nuts love you all may God give you a special moment of pure peace along with a sweet sigh of relief today Amen
joy1 age 55 invasive lobular carcinoma ER/PR+ HER2-neg.2.2cm adriamycin/cytoxan for now stage 2 or into 3 doctor said it was in beginning of 3 thank God it was caught 2 nodes one neg. one with 20 isolated cells . Mast.feb. 9th 2010
chemo done jan.4th 2010
rads. done april 28th 2010
5 years femera pills

Mom813
  • Total Posts : 55
  • Reward points : 2075
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 31, 2010 2:03 PM
Greetings, 

Karen, good news they found the clot and can successfully treat.
Susie, sounds like good news.  Prayers are with you both!!!

Update for me: Just came from the doc and scheduled Lumpectomy.  IBC, StI ER/PR+ Hers(in process) nodes won't know till after surgery 9/30.  Going to try seed radiation. Again, not sure if I should do the Lump or mastectomy? Looking for opinions???  Waiting game is back on till 30th.  Seems like a long time?  Not sure? 

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:18 PM
Thank you, Joy, we can all use all the prayers we can get!  I am always thinking of you guys, and Susie, I am so happy for you!  What a huge relief...I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!  I love to say that:-)     Hang in there, everyone...looking forward to a peaceful Labor Day weekend with no huricane!!!!
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

LaudyLo
  • Total Posts : 679
  • Reward points : 1160
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, September 01, 2010 9:13 AM
Hi Y'all...Need some encouragement for our friend "Wendy"....she used to post on her last year. I met her here & we stayed in touch with FB. You can look up "Wendy" in this forum as this is the forum she mostly posted in.

The doc's have been watching two spots for over a year now (before her dx)....well they just did a U.S. & MRI, one spot looks malignant. They did not do a biopsy before & kept close watch on these spots because of where they are located, very difficult to biopsy. Her biopsy is this Fri. her results will be in after the 3 day week end some time on Tues.

Wendy was a stage 1 Neg Node. ER+PR+HERT2- Lumpectomy...like myself & is on Tamoxifen as well so we really asked each a lot of questions during rads, etc. so we could compare how each of us were feeling:).

Wendy is kicking herself for not having chemo. It was not recommended to her because her Onca was like an 8. I told her this may turn out to be nothing....That's why we do biopsy's, if it is we'll deal with that then & no matter what it'll be fine. If she needs new treatments or does a mesectomy we'll all be there with her & she will get through this.......... "Happiness ia a form of Courage" & there IS a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Asking for you love & attention for Wendy on this one, hoping she reads it, thanks!
Laurie/S.Fl.
DX@ age: 46 on 8/17/09
IDC Stage 1, Grade 3, Node Neg. Hert2-
Lumpectomy R.B. 1.08 CM.  Er+ & PR+
Onca score:  "24"          BRCA-Negitive!
Chemo-(8) C.M.F...   DONE final 3/17/10
Rads x 36..............   DONE final 6/04/10
1200 UI Vitamin D    & Tamoxifen 5 yrs.

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:45 PM
Laurie- I'm sorry Wendy is going through this stress right now, but she made the right decisions for her at the time, I really hope her biopsy will show nothing serious and maybe just some scar tissue:)

Joy, thinking of you too for the 3rd and an all clear! :)

Mom813, it's a big decision and a personal one, maybe read through the recon/surgery forums to get an idea of how other people felt about their surgery?    I chose a lumpectomy and have no regrets, it gives the same survival rate as a mast when done with rads, although the risk of a local recurrance is increased slightly.
Good luck with your decison and I'm sure you'll choose whats best for you:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, September 01, 2010 3:07 PM
Laurie,
Sending prayers and good wishes for a b9 report for Wendy.  With an oncotype score of 8, chemo would have been an unlikely option for her, so tell her not to look back, it only serves to bring you down.    There must be some comfort in knowing that if any stray cells were loose, the chemo would have zapped them, so I know how she is feeling, in not having that extra insurance.  But we make the best decisions we can based on the knowledge and stats available at the time.  Hope she can get back into the fight mode and beat back the beast! Let her know that all her Komen Sisters are here for her if she wants to come back! 

Mom,
I don't know if there is a different protocol for IBC,  but if possible try to get at least one more opinion from a breast surgeon before making the decision.  Since you are having radiation, it will most likely affect your reconstruction plan if going for the mastectomy, so that is another consideration.  Remember, you can always take more, but you can never put it back.  Sending prayers and good wishes for nodes neg and clear margins.  Let us know how it goes.
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

fight4myboys
  • Total Posts : 262
  • Reward points : 3535
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, September 01, 2010 4:28 PM
Hi ladies,
I am checking back in to keep updated on everyone in the waiting room...

Mom- I wish there was a solid answer to Mast or lumpectomy.  I did the bilateral mast and really have not regretted it.  I knew that it was the only way I could have some peace of  mind.  I tend to be a big worrier so I wanted them both gone..I still worry, but not as much as I think I would have.  I hope that you find peace in the choice that is right for you.  We are all different and can only do what we feel is right for us at the time.

Joy-B9 thoughts and prayers for you on the 3rd....I know the uneasy tummy feeling..I hate that feeling.I am sorry you are having to go through this.

Karen-B9 thoughts to you also for your scans on Friday.  Prayers and thoughts are with you.

Laurie- You are such a wonderful support for us on komen and for your friend Wendy.  Please let her know we are all thinking of her and praying for her...Hoping it is just scar tissue and NED is still her boyfriend.

Thinking of all of  you..Try to stay busy and enjoy the weekend.

Hugs,

Susie
43@ DX 7/18/08
No primary breast tumor
only found by biopsy of axilla lymph nodes
er/pr+ her-
Chemo 8/08 4 a/c 4 taxol finished 11/24/08
Bilat mast 12/08. w/ tissue expanders
5+/23 nodes
No signs of tumor in breast after pathology
pet, ct, and mri all negative for primary tumor 
 28 Rads started 2/2/09 finished 3/13/09  YEA!!!!!!!!!
hysterectomy April 24, 2009
 expander exchange for silicone 11/19/09
Aromosin May09- 5 YRS

LaudyLo
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, September 01, 2010 5:04 PM
Hi all:) Thanks so much for your well wishes & support for Wendy....I will let her know.
    The doctors were aware of these two spots a few years prior to Wendy's dx .....they did not want to biopsy them because where the two spots were it would have been a very difficult biopsy to do....so they would MRI them each year & watch them. My question is this: If it was me & I was having two spots "watched" having a MRI each year, then to find out I have this new tumor appear in my breast....even though no nodes effected at a stage 1 & Onca being an 8...under these circumstances still not knowing for sure if these suspicious spots are B9 or not, I mean hello, I think it's chemo time(?)Just had to vent, I'm done now.

Joy: Thinking of you & keeping you close to my heart! Hugs bieng sent to you to hold on to for the 3rd.

Karen: Much love & hugs to you to xxoo & am also keeping you close to my heart & thinking of you for your Friday appt.

Thanks again:Tricia, Sharonma & Susie, means so much to me:)
Laurie/S.Fl.

joy1
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, September 01, 2010 8:37 PM
Awwwwwww thank you ladies love ya all
praying for Wendy b-9 thoughts
your all great ladies and where Eliane been hiding miss her sweet smile ?
joy1 age 55 invasive lobular carcinoma ER/PR+ HER2-neg.2.2cm adriamycin/cytoxan for now stage 2 or into 3 doctor said it was in beginning of 3 thank God it was caught 2 nodes one neg. one with 20 isolated cells . Mast.feb. 9th 2010
chemo done jan.4th 2010
5 years femera pills

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, September 02, 2010 2:22 AM
Joy,

I just wanted to let you know that Elaine has had some computer problems on the board and can't reply for some reason.  
She asked me to let Komen admin know, which I have so hopefully she'll be back online soon:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

joy1
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, September 02, 2010 7:28 AM
Thank you Tricia was wondering why there was no input from her lately guess we worry about people who are reglarly on komen sorta like thier our surport wether they no it or not
chemo done jan.4th 2010
5 years femera pills

farla
  • Total Posts : 624
  • Reward points : 6720
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:48 PM
I have sooo much catching up to do!

Karen - I am glad it is a blood clot - it is treatable, and the lymphedema is not.  And anyways, the issue of the opposite arm was driving us crazy - it made so little sense!  B9, B9, for your test results!

Susie - I am glad your tests were good, too.

Laurie - Having 2 spots, and not biopsying may have driven me nuts - they never suspected cancer and just followed it?  Or she had it, and that is how they found the spots in the first place?  And then waited?  I don't think I know all the facts here.  But, she shouldn't look back.  We really do make the best decisions we can with only the knowledge we have available to us at the time.

OK, I know I am forgetting someone, but I can't look back or else I loose this post!  So please, let everyone have good test results!  And I great Labor day weekend!

Farla
dx 8/09, R double lumpectomy, invasive mixed DCIS/LCIS
ER + PR + Her -
1/3 Sentinel pos. 1/15 nodes pos
 Stage 2A  Grade 2, Nottingham 6
chemo A/C x4, Taxol x 4 started 9/21/09 DONE!!!
femara  started 2/5/10
rads  2/8/10 DONE!!!
Now - osteoporosis?  Vit D, calcium, and a baby aspirin to boot!

LaudyLo
Re:The waiting room!!! - Friday, September 03, 2010 5:59 AM
Hey there Farla!!!!   How have YOU been? Miss ya here!! Anyhow to answer your question : Yes, Wendy has had these two spots for a few years, I think 3 years....so, due to the location of these two spots (one near spine & one nesr rib cage/sternum I believe...2nd hand info from me..)... The doctor had said "We'll keep a close eye on them & see if they get any bigger by a yearly MRI." I believe these spots were spotted due to an MRI performed due to a totally different issue/injury she had  of some sort a few years back, therefore an MRI was done to check her out & these spots showed up....  The main reason the doc did not biopsy them originally & decided to watch them is because of the location....biopsy would have been very difficult if not painful to do so instead of putting her through it they watched until they really needed to biopsy them.

So fast forward to last July/August..yearly mammo showed suspicious spot in breast which was the cancer.

This is where I have the issue: After dx & all is said & done, pathology, tests, etc.....The doc recommends lumpectomy & rads only since stage 1 neg nodes low grade & onca very low. That's fine & I can totally agree with that, however she has a history of having these two "spots" for the past few years that have not been biopsy'd & therefore we really don't know what they are! So let's add "chemo" to be on the safe side of things...at least that's what I would think.

Wendy of course was not recommended chemo. One of the two spots looks like nothing. Both spots are no where near surgery area. The other spot is suspicious now & will be biopsy's today. Hopefully she will have results Tuesday.
Laurie/S.Fl.

artlab
  • Total Posts : 508
  • Reward points : 7330
Re:The waiting room!!! - Friday, September 03, 2010 9:46 PM
I had a not-so-great day today.  I was at the hospital for my scans at 7:45AM and left the cancer center at 2PM.  First there was a question about my pre-cert. for the bone scan...I guess a detail was overlooked, since I asked them to squeeze this into one day--and they were VERY accomodating and took care of everything...CT went fine...they even gave me a voucher for breakfast at the bagel shop. I forgot you had to wait so long after they inject you with the radioactive material for the bone scan (I had books in my car, so I was able to run out and get them). Then.... The bone scan tech asks me if I have ever had surgery or an injury to my head!!  Then she tells me to wait until the radiologist looks at them...they might want me to have X-rays b/c there appears to be a "dense" spot.  I wait about 10 min (or less) and they send me to X-ray where they only X-ray my head!!  That tech asks if I have any item in my hair (yeah, I'm hiding a barrette in my 1-inch hair!)...or if I ever had surgery, etc.  Of course with the holiday weekend, I won't hear anything until Tues-Wed.  I then, had an appt. with the PA at the cancer center to go over my bloodwork in regard to my blood clot.  My numbers hadn't changed (blood isn't thinning), so they want me to continue with Arixtra shots; increase Coumadin tonight; bloodwork on Monday; follow-up visit on Tuesday (which is the day my students start school).   The nurse at the onc's office asked if I wanted to try and self-administer the shot so I didn't need to come in...I burst out crying!!!   She was SOOO sweet.  I only live 10-15 min. away...so I'm going to go in for my shot.  I am a bit concerned about the scans...but more annoyed.  I had really expected to begin this school year differently than last!  I have already asked the principal for permission to leave early on our in-service day (for the shot)...and now I need to leave prior to contract time on the first day of school!!!  Hopefully my "dense skull" is just that!  (ha).  I am still fatigued and hoping that my students' energy will passed onto me!  They really helped me get through last year!    I'm trying to be glad this is "just a blood clot"...and NOT try to think about what these "dense" or "hot spots" on the scan mean...but it was a long day...I just want to hear NED...and begin my school year!!!
Karen
New Jersey
DX 8/09 at age 51 
Tumor: 2 cm/Grade 3 
Lumpectomy/sentinal lymph node biopsy: 9/10/09
Clean margins/lymph nodes clear
IDC
Triple Negative
Stage 1
Chemo A/C started 10/15/09 4 rounds--DONE!! 
Taxol 12 rounds--DONE!!!
Radiation 3/2410-mid-May--DONE!! 

LaudyLo
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, September 04, 2010 7:02 AM
Oh Karen, wow....you did have the day from hell. I am so sorry that you're having to deal with all this. Sending lots of good vibes your way along with my normal ((HUGS)) & lots of those xxxxxxxx's as well.....It really stinks, I can't imagine having a day like that. Keeping you in my thoughts for those B9 results, Love you, Laurie.
Laurie/S.Fl.

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, September 04, 2010 9:04 AM
Laurie,
That certainly was a crappy day!  On the other hand, you seem to have very proactive docs who aren't missing anything (sometimes I guess we wish they would :).  I hate that you have to wait until Tuesday for results and that it's getting in the way of how you hoped to start the school year.  I'll be sending positive vibes and good thoughts for those negative results.

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

LaudyLo
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, September 04, 2010 12:36 PM
Hi Elaine! Great to "see" you once again YAY!!!!! I think you met "Karen" when you posted here & I'm sure she realizes that.  So good to see you're back 'cause you were missed lots!!
Laurie/S.Fl.

redspark
  • Total Posts : 176
  • Reward points : 4460
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, September 04, 2010 1:08 PM
Karen,  What an awful day!  So sorry to hear you had to go through that!  It will be fine!  You are a strong woman and will come through this.  Those kids will make you forget all about this soon!   Hang in there!   Hugs to you!  Marianne
Marianne

Diagnosis: IDC Grade 1/3, Estrogen receptor +, progesterone+, Her2 neg  (9/2009) 
-Modified radical right breast mastectomy, kept areola, with  expander; 1 node positive
-A/C (4 Jan-Apr 2010), Taxol (12 Apr -July 23 2010)
- I'm done with chemo!!!!!!
Reconstruction surgery 9/10/2010

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, September 04, 2010 2:03 PM
How awful and stressful for you Karen, I'm so sorry.

As you know anything can show up as a hot spot on a bone scan and frequently does!   You may recall I went through five months of hell after mine earlier this year, it's probably nothing so hold that thought and hopefully you'll hear your good news very soon.  (((((hugs))))
Carepage- survivortricia

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 241, messages 361 to 380 of 4817