The waiting room!!!

Change Page: << < ..231232233234235236237238239240.. > | Showing page 236 of 241, messages 4701 to 4720 of 4817
Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:39 PM
Thank you all for the good wishes and sympathy, I should say my cousin passed from lung cancer as a primary rather than bc but very sad of course whatever the cause.  Sharon we measure cholestrol here in numbers with 4 being fine and anything higher troublesome, sorry to read you had a high number and good luck getting it down, my sister struggled with her's too.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:22 PM
Sharonma - well, clearly your body is making high cholesterol counts and even if you didn't eat baguettes, cheese and croissants, it would prob still be too high. What did doc suggest?  Statins?  They work, but they too have a down side from what I've heard.

Hope you can get it down to a less risky level!

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:36 PM
Tricia, I'm very sorry about your cousin.

Sharon, I take statins (Crestor and Zetia). They started me on the "standard" dosage--something like 40 mg, I think, daily. The next day, both my legs hurt so much, I couldn't walk. Now I take 5 mg of Crestor three times a week and 10 mg of Zetia three times a week. For me at least, the low dosage has been enough to make the difference in my numbers without all the side effects. Also, David and I have both had the cardiac calcium scan--it's a breeze.  I'm glad you got good news about your thyroid.

Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:53 AM
ALL CLEAR, Ladies:-)  

Sharon, mine was creeping up as well, then down a few points, then back up again, directly in relation to my weight.  My primary finally put me on Prevastatin, 40mg.   Bloodwork was good in January, no side effects that I could directly attribute to that.    Good luck:-)
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

ElaineQW
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:01 PM
NANNERS NOT WORKING ON MY OFFICE COMPUTER!!  OH WELL!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON SIX YEARS -- WE ARE NECK AND NECK -  

HUG
ELAINE

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 1:33 PM
Does anyone know how to do nanners on an iPad?

So Pat, picture lots of nanners and pompom  girls!!! Count me in the six year club!!
Xoxo

And Texas's chest X-ray today was great!   Nanners for him too!!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 4:18 PM
Huge congrats to Pat and not forgetting Tex!!!dancingcat
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 5:10 PM
NANNERS TO SHARONMA AND TEX!!! 

HUG
ELAINE

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, June 12, 2014 7:30 PM
Sorry, I forgot to thank you all for your kind thoughts and condolence's for my cousin, her passing has hit us all very hard as you can imagine and relating to Elaine's post a few weeks ago  about Survivors guilt I really feel so thankful to still be here but sad she isn't of course and feel I want to live for her as well as myself and make every day count!
Carepage- survivortricia

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:56 AM
They just took my Mom to the OR.  She's having hip replacement surgery today.  Please keep her in your thoughts.  She's not in great physical shape to begin with, so it will most likely be a challenging few weeks.
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, June 17, 2014 12:29 PM
Sending good wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery for your Mom Sharon!
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, June 17, 2014 1:13 PM
Sharonma - thinking good thoughts for your Mom…getting old sucks!

Hug
Elaine

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:06 PM
Sharonma:

Sending good thoughts your way.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:30 PM
For anyone not on Facebook I'm pleased to say my Mammo was clear so I'm officially nine years out now, also my Onc said she really felt I had done all I could, and done everything right and at this stage I should stop Arimidex and enjoy my summer!!:) She'll update me yearly anyway but she said the results of the study won't be in for three years and there's really not enough evidence for me to continue taking it (in view of me telling her I was going back on Glucosamine as the joint aches were getting worse)! So, I have mixed feelings, scared to be losing my crutch after eight years but very excited too and hope it won't be too long before I feel "normal"....she did remind me I'm almost ten years older though lol!!
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:20 PM
Congratulations Tricia!  I was afraid to go off Arimidex too, but was surprised to find that psychologically I felt much better…like I was really DONE!  Also, my back pain has subsided considerably ;)  I didn't even make the connection until my onco doc asked me if my joint pain was better since stopping the Arimidex.  I told her I never had any joint pain and she said "How's your back?"  I never made the connection since my back pain was pre-bc diagnosis.  I was amazed at how well the last two epidurals kept me pain-free for longer than usual.  Duh!  Saying all this cause I hope you have the same outcome with your joint pain… good luck :)

Hug
Elaine

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:42 PM
Thank you Elaine and that's good to know, I know we both have been chasing studies on this for a while and having a long chat today with her made me happy to finally call a halt and stop taking it, hoping for less aches like you but its been so long I don't know whats normal anymore!!:)
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 18, 2014 6:55 PM
Yes, Tricia - we've been trying to find something definitive but as my doc has been saying, there is no data and the research is still ongoing.  So, we'll see.....  Meanwhile, we're both feeling good and doing well.  We can't ask for more.

Hug
Elaine

Jennifer Mishe
  • Total Posts : 2585
  • Reward points : 9465
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:35 PM
Tricia, You do know that it would only be for such a monumental occasion as your great news today that would bring me back, but just wanted to say congratulations on being on the next stage of your "new normal"! It is a wonderful thing to say goodbye to that daily pill, and I wish you many, many more years of dancing in the company of NED. I so very much wish that I could post a hundred dancing bananas in your honor, but I know I am just one of many Komenville members who is grateful that you joined us here, and then stayed when so many of us abandoned ship. Raising a glass to you tonight, my wee wench. To the day when we finally meet,share a drink, and swap stories. I love you. Jenn
Jennifer
DCIS
lumpectomy 5/02/05
32 rad tx comp 7/07/05
tamoxifen
comp. hysterectomy 4/04/06
Paducah, KY

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:The waiting room!!! - Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:03 PM
Congratulations, Tricia.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, June 19, 2014 3:35 PM
Thank you so much Tina and Jen, Jen I was so touched by just seeing your name here again which brought me full circle, to read your lovely words were a blessing and I feel very humbled, thank you indeed and to all of my Komen family. I'm feeling nervous, but like Elaine said, also that the treatment for me has ended and here starts a new chapter in my life post BC, I know I'll never leave Komen as its part of me as are all of you! xx
Carepage- survivortricia

Change Page: << < ..231232233234235236237238239240.. > | Showing page 236 of 241, messages 4701 to 4720 of 4817