The waiting room!!!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 9 of 241, messages 161 to 180 of 4817
Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:31 PM
Elaine - I have an incompetent cervix too!!!    We have so much in common lol:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, July 20, 2010 7:51 PM
Tricia -- who would have thunk it?  LMAO!

Hug
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

kare369
  • Total Posts : 43
  • Reward points : 9700
Re:The waitng room!!! - Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:56 AM
Hello, I am in the waiting room. I have been dx w/ invasive ductal carcinoma. I have my pathology report and go see the surgeon tomorrow. Wish I could understand the report. I have 2 lumps involved that are multiple cylindrical fragments. 1 is in the 2:00 position and the other in the armpit. the one in the armpit has no er+ or pr+ and the one in the breast is 100% er+ and 1% pr+. Her2 pending. Just seems weird that they are different! They are both grade 2. The one in the armpit says it ithard to tell if it is lymph node metastasis or breast tumor w/stromal reaction and also says it has a background od lymphoid stroma. What is lymphoid stroma? And if it is mestasis does that mean it has spread only to the lymph nodes?
Hope someone can help answer these ?'s  thank-you, Karen

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waitng room!!! - Wednesday, July 21, 2010 1:48 PM
Hi Kara,

I cant answer all your questions, but can tell you that sometimes it happens we can have two different types of breastcancer, which may explain why one of the tumour's is hormone pos and the other neg but your onc can answer this better for you.
Many people have positive nodes too, I had three, once this is seen you undergo a few scans to ensure it has'nt gone elsewhere and thankfully in the majority of cases, it has'nt.   I've known ladies with clear nodes that did'nt do well, and some with many positive nodes that did, we're all different so remember that:)

I'm not sure what lymphoid stroma means, I've looked it up but the info is not clear or defining so again, it's best to have your onc explain about this. 

A good surgeon or onc will go through your path report with you and explain everything in detail that we can understand so do ask for this.   In the meantime I'm so sorry you're waiting but keeping everything crossed for you and hope you'll keep us posted:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

kare369
Re:The waitng room!!! - Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:06 AM
Thank-you for your info! I will be seeing the surgeon today and will find out more.
I will keep you posted. Hope all is well for you.

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:The waitng room!!! - Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:34 AM
Hi Kara,
Welcome to Komen and the waiting room and am  sorry you have to be here at all.
I have heard of having mixed tumors in the same breast, but don't know about the diagnosis specifics or "multiple cylindrical fragments"  Tricia gave good advice to have the surgeon explain the pathology, line by line.  Don't leave until you understand everything and have all your questions answered .Good luck and keep us posted
Sharon
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Pat Patterson
  • Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:The waitng room!!! - Thursday, July 22, 2010 8:17 AM
Karen - good luck today!  My thoughts and prayers go with you.....
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08

Sharon
  • Total Posts : 1625
  • Reward points : 4250
Re:The waitng room!!! - Thursday, July 22, 2010 11:37 AM
Hello Karen

I trust you got the answers??

Sharon
Non Hodgkins Lymphoma Extra Nodal (Stomach + BM)
Stage IV C. Survivor x 5 years
T/ment: 8 cycles Rituxan CVP x 8 + Rads. x 30
Friends affected by Breast Cancer

joy1
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Reward points : 2445
Re:The waiting room!!! - Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:26 PM
Any news on Farla? i keep looking daily in here anyone no anything please let me no thank you
joy1 age 55 invasive lobular carcinoma ER/PR+ HER2-neg.2.2cm adriamycin/cytoxan for now stage 2 or into 3 doctor said it was in beginning of 3 thank God it was caught 2 nodes one neg. one with 20 isolated cells . Mast.feb. 9th 2010
chemo done jan.4th 2010
rads. done april 28th 2010
5 years femera pills

Pat Patterson
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, July 24, 2010 7:39 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing about Farla...keep looking for her posts!!!!!

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, July 24, 2010 8:22 AM
My endo bx was b9!! I love when Elaine is right!  I would be ecstatic if my joy wasn't tempered by Tucker's illness.
Thanks for waiting with me.

Farla, We are waiting for you girl!!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Sharon
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, July 24, 2010 8:44 AM
Great News Sharon, thrilled for you!! Go be ecstatic, your Boy is still with us.  ((((Tucker))))

Farla?

kare369
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:18 AM
Hello, I got some answers. But not the stage. I have lymph node involvement and will have them removed and will probably have a mastectomy. My surgeon said I will more than likely have chemo. But she can't say exactly what will happen until my MRI and chest x-ray results come back which I had done yesterday. I swear the lump under my armpit has grown since my biopsy, which may be a hemotoma but I had it done last wed. Freaking out it has gone beyond the lymph nodes, the surgeon said that I must of had this for a long time. I have a Dr. team meeting Thursday afternoon to come up with a plan. Thank you all for listening!!!!!!

ElaineQW
  • Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:52 AM
Yay! Sharonma!!  I love it when I'm right too - lol.  

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Sharon
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:24 AM
I wish you a good Meet Up on Thursday Kare x

Sharon
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:24 AM
I wish you a good Meet Up on Thursday Kare x

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Saturday, July 24, 2010 2:15 PM
So happy for you Sharon but know it's a bittersweet feeling with Tucker so ill....

Karen, good luck on Thursday and try not to think the worst, we all imagined the cancer had spread but usually got good news:)
Carepage- survivortricia

Pat Patterson
Re:The waiting room!!! - Monday, July 26, 2010 1:35 PM
Sharon - that is the best news!!!!!  Thank you, LORD and please take very good care of Tucker...
http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm...my beloved girls are waiting to take VERY good care of him!  I am so srry.  It always seems as if one door opens and another one closes.  I guess we are at that stage in our lives. 
Kare - I am sending thoughts and prayers your way...

and what is going on with Farla?

Tricia Keegan
Re:The waiting room!!! - Monday, July 26, 2010 1:44 PM
I havent heard anything on Farla's results either, although have her listed on FB but she has'nt mentioned anything there either Pat.

Sharon, sending more ((((hugs))) to you and Tucker, how is he now????    I've just received a great book to help and think you may like to get a copy, it's called "animals and the afterlife" by Kim Sheridan who also has a website if you google it.
It's helping me in my grief all these months later of losing Georgie and hope it helps you too.  I got my copy on Amazon:)   xx
Carepage- survivortricia

farla
  • Total Posts : 624
  • Reward points : 6720
Re:The waiting room!!! - Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:23 AM
So sorry guys, I haven't been posting here, or that much at all lately.
I'm fine.
My life has gotten really crazy - oldest totaled the car (he is fine) so now I drive him to work and back every day - that is about 2 hour a day, then I've got to get 2 youngest off to camp, trunks left last week, they leave tomorrow. My daughter starting having stomach issues, we thought irritable bowel, Crohn's, and she got a workup.  I think she will be fine, but it isn't completely resolved yet. And she is going away to college for the first time - why do girls need all new stuff?  My son went to old navy once and was done.  And my youngest will be Bar Mitzvah early September, so I have a lot to do for that.

I posted on facebook that I run around like a chicken without a head.

Anyway, my surgeon canceled the appt, and I have another one scheduled for next week.  Actually, I think my rib has gotten better, so if it was anything bad, it would have persisted.  I will see my onc also that day, for the 3 month check up and a dose of reclast (osteoporosis med).  I am sorry I worried you all, my bad.

Sharon - relieved for the good news, so sorry for Tucker.
Karen- keep optimistic thoughts in your mind- this part is the worst part of the diagnosis stage.  You are completely normal to be scared (and cranky) at this stage - but remember - usually we catch this beast earlier than we used to, so it is unlikely to have spread any further.  I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers (as others have for me, so sorry again) and check back in the waiting room for news.

Forgive me guys, I forget that I love and care for you as much as you do for me.

Farla
dx 8/09, R double lumpectomy, invasive mixed DCIS/LCIS
ER + PR + Her -
1/3 Sentinel pos. 1/15 nodes pos
 Stage 2A  Grade 2, Nottingham 6
chemo A/C x4, Taxol x 4 started 9/21/09 DONE!!!
femara  started 2/5/10
rads  2/8/10 DONE!!!
Now - osteoporosis?  Vit D, calcium, and a baby aspirin to boot!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 9 of 241, messages 161 to 180 of 4817