Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Winter chemo ladies!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 28, messages 91 to 100 of 271
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Friday, February 04, 2011 1:50 PM
Three weeks is probably too soon to expect to recover, some Dr's say it takes the same amount of time to recover as you spent in chemo!

Everyone's different of course but I began to feel more like myself about two months afterwards, I began walking for a short time daily to increase my stamina and then built up to more which helped.  However as you're working as well I'd imagine you're getting enough walking!
Try to be patient and you will improve little by little:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
lisaorock

• Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points : 630
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:12 AM
Hello Ladies,
I need some advice. I am a little more than halfway through my chemo treatments. I had 4 rounds of AC and already had one round of Taxol.  I have three more rounds of Taxol.  My side effects from Taxol were much easier to take.  I have started getting headaches and popping pain meds like candy. I called my onc. nurse to let her know about the headaches and the medication I was taking for them.  The sent me to get an MRI.  I was a bit freaked out by that.  I have a history of TMJ and wear a mouth guard every night.  I think ist's just a flare up due to stress.  I went to get tne MRI and the tech refused to do it because of my tissue expanders.  I was shocked.  I'm sure I'm not the only breast cancer patient with tissue expanders that need an MRI.  I'm having my left breast removed and reconstructed after chemo.  I'm going to need to be scanned on some way to make sure the cancer has not come back.  Any feedback you all have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!              
Lisaorock
IDC 10/5/10,lumpectomy 10/19, age 44
stage 1 grade2 ,tumor 1.2cm
triple negative,BRACCA 2 postive
4 ac/4 taxol
rightbreast removed 11/4/breast reconstruction
chemo done! leftbreastmx/ovaries/uterus removed 4/21
Tricia Keegan

Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Saturday, February 05, 2011 9:41 AM
Hi Lisa,

I saw a similar question on another site and it appears some expender's have some metal in the port/dome area which is unsafe for having an MRI or can give incorrect readings.

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/44/topic/731971

Maybe check with your PS if your's come under this?
if so, maybe a ct or pet/ct could be a scan of choice for you in the future?    I'm sure your headaches are stress/chmo related as I had a few myself on chemo but maybe they can give you some stronger meds for it?
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
JF

• Total Posts : 97
  • Reward points : 3520
A new winter chemo lady - Monday, February 07, 2011 4:00 PM
I am new to Komen and am not sure that my emails are going through, nor can I figure out how to add the details of my case at the bottom.  I am scheduled to begin TC on 2/17/11 and am reading the posts by those who are just starting chemo and feeling less alone.  Let me know if this message is coming through...Judy
diag 12/2010; lumpectomy and then re-excision to clear margins; 2.8cm; stage IIA; low grade; .85mm micromet; ONCO 15; ER 100%+/P+/HER-; TC x 4 started 2/24/2011; radiation ending on 7/8/11 then aromasin

Her Dotness

• Total Posts : 564
  • Reward points : 4525
Re:A new winter chemo lady - Monday, February 07, 2011 4:30 PM
JF

I am new to Komen and am not sure that my emails are going through, nor can I figure out how to add the details of my case at the bottom.

You'll catch on very soon, I'm sure.

Here's how to add your case details as a signature.

--Look above to the toolbar for the User Control Panel tab. Click on that and then when you see the menu, click on Profile.
--You'll see the window Personal Info which will have another tab to the right labeled Signature and Comment. Click on it, and the window for typing your case details will open right up.
--Type away until you're satisfied you've included everything you want to share.
--Next, scroll down to the box below the window where you check that you want your signature to appear with each posting. You can figure that one out...giggle.
--Scroll down a bit more and be SURE to click on the SAVE button. It'll take a little while for the sig to add on to your postings, but soon you'll be able to see it just as you hoped.

Easy-peasy, huh?

The tab to the left of Sig & Comment that says Avatar is where you can choose a picture if you'd like to add one to your postings. That's kinda cool, especially if you're too lazy like I am to import a nice picture of yourself or something else personal. Have fun with that one!

I am scheduled to begin TC on 2/17/11 and am reading the posts by those who are just starting chemo and feeling less alone.  Let me know if this message is coming through...Judy

Message loud and clear, Judy. You're doing just fine here in Komenville. No problemo.

As for the chemo-thingy, hoooooo, boyee! I'm a raw newbie at that waving lots of encouragement to you. I just had my first infusion three days ago, and today is pretty rotten for me. But I know I'll get through it all as will you, largely thanks to the wonderful people here who are so supportive and encouraging. Lean on those who've gone before when you need to and feel free to brag about your good news, too. I sure have!

A hearty welcome to you!
Dot
dx 11/29/10 DCIS/IDC
1/5/11 lumpectomy, SLND 2+, ALND - 
T1c, clean margins!
er +/pr + (My little nasty was an estrogen drunk, said my med onc.) HER2 -
Chemo: TC Done 4/30/11 
Rads:  Done 6/30/11 
Arimidex 7/11-? 
Tricia Keegan

Re:A new winter chemo lady - Monday, February 07, 2011 4:58 PM
Hi Judy and welcome to the chemo forum!!!:)

I'm sure you'll be fine as we all were once we began, the not knowing is the worst of course!!!

Post any questions you have here and someone will be along to help or share their experience's and much luck on getting the first one done:)

Glad Dot was able to direct you to post your details!!!:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Dalysha

• Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 1360
Re:A new winter chemo lady - Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:40 PM
Hi Lisa: I had severe headaches radiating down my jaw with my first treatment. My onc. believed it was due to the antinausea medications (specifically, Zofran & Aloxi). After all, they block 8 receptor sites...anytime you go messing with brain chemicals and serotonin uptake, a headache is possible. Anyway, she told me that small doses of Ativan help ease the pain...odd, but it works. I also changed to Compazine from Zofran, but I don't know if this is a realistic option for A/C. I'm on T/C and my last treatment is next week (2/16!!!!!!). I haven't had any headaches to speak of since my first treatment. 
Age 39: Dx: DCIS/IDC 10/11/10
Bilat. Mastectomy w/Expanders 11/5/10
SNB x 2 - / BRCA -
ER/PR +/ Her -/Grade 2/Stage 1/Oncotype 19
Chemo: T&C X 4 (completed 2/16/2011)
Tamoxifen (3/11) & Reconstruction to Follow (4/11) 

If you don't like something change it;
if you can't change it,
change the way you think about it.
-Mary Engelbreit

JF

• Total Posts : 97
  • Reward points : 3520
Neulasta - Wednesday, February 09, 2011 9:47 PM
Hello and thanks for the welcomes.  I will get my act together and get my stats set out...spent the whole day at the hospital with appts and tests ... I found out that my situation (low ONCO with teensy micromet) is part of a new study, started in 2007 ... there won't be results for me, but I am glad to see that the studies are happening, like with the axial dissection report released today. 
Anyway - I am wondering about how long neulasta bone pain typically lasts - my dr said 24 hours but I wanted to see what those who have had it say and whether or not you were given pain meds or could use tylenol ... yes the unknowns are rough for newbies.  Thanks ...
Judy
Tricia Keegan

Re:Neulasta - Thursday, February 10, 2011 4:56 AM
Judy I was one of the lucky one's who did'nt experience any bone pain from neulasta but know many do, maybe you too will be lucky!
Carepage- survivortricia
Cindy D.

• Total Posts : 967
  • Reward points : 11070
Re:Neulasta - Thursday, February 10, 2011 6:13 AM
No bone pain for me either with the neulasta shot... hope it's the same for you.

take care,
cindy d.
Mass. 
56 yrs old
dx 1/10/07
Stage IIIa
ER/PR +,Her2 -
chemo: 4ac/4 taxol  5/24/07
lump: 6/18/07
mast: 7/16/07
tamoxifen: 7/25/07-2/9/09
rads:  10/25/07
clinical trial: avastin and xeloda, 12/07-11/08
arimidex/lupron: 2/09/09-12/28/11
clinical trial: femara 1/1/12 9 months on, 3 months off
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 28, messages 91 to 100 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll