Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Winter chemo ladies!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 2 of 28, messages 11 to 20 of 271
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 16, 2010 5:06 AM
Hi Stephanie,

I'm so sorry you have to face this again, as you can see there are other ladies starting chemo too so you won't be alone:)

I think any chemo regime has to be easier than the adriamycin so good luck and keep us posted!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
dap1961

• Total Posts : 47
  • Reward points : 4165
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:40 AM
Stephanie, will be thinking about you on Friday!  I start my first chemo today..had port put in on October 5 when I had my mastectomy.  YOu have been through a lot!  Keep us up to date on how you are doing!  Debbie
Bekka

• Total Posts : 25
  • Reward points : 400
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 16, 2010 8:05 PM
Had my first treatment today of TC everything went really well..I start Nupogen shots at home on Thursday for 9 days...I have a friend that is a nurse and shes way to excited to help if you ask me lol
Right now Im just resting and taking my nausa pills all is well...Ill post updates as time goes on...
dap1961

Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, November 17, 2010 8:19 AM
HI Bekka!  We made it through day one!! Mine went well too!  I think the anticipation of that first one was worse than the actual treament.  The nurses took good care of me and I was there for about 3 and a a half hours total.  I took Taxotere and Cytoxaon.  I had a antinausea and steriod in my IV ahead of time and so far, I feel fine this morning. i am going to take an antinausea pill here too as to stay on top of it..I slept fairly well last night.I will start antibiotic on Sunday for 7 days....I believe it is Augmenten.  Just taking it easy today....Keep in touch!  DEBBiE
Bekka

Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:40 AM
Hey Debbie we are on the same Chemo treatments :) Im glad yours went well also...yea I think the first time going and all the nerves freaks you out a little but now I know what to expect its a breeze..Im really hoping that this good feeling last and the side effects are not that bad..they say with the Nupogen Ill be in pain since it effects my bone marrow but hopefully with Tyneol and Benadril everything will be fine

Does anyone know when I should watch out for side effects?I know everyone is different just thought I would ask :)
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, November 17, 2010 5:53 PM
Hi Ladies,

So glad your first tx went okay, usually side effects kick in on day three, but everyones different of course as to how we respond to this.

The anticipation is definatly the worse, and you've overcome that so hopefully you'll both get through this with minimal side effects:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
dap1961

Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:58 PM
so far, today has been good!  I went to the grocery store and bought things for Thanksgiving dinner...have been staying on top of the antinausea pills every 8 hours whether I need it or not...the only thing I have noticed so far is that my taste buds have seemed to change already..not bad, but weird!  We shall see how I feel tomorrow!  So far, so good..Oh, a little bit of acid indigestion in my throat..comes and goes...trying to drink a lot of water.  Bekka, how are you doing??
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:39 PM
Bekka,

I assumed I wasn't going to have any side effects.  I intended to deal with the side effects only when they presented themselves, and not a second before that!!  

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Bekka

Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:30 AM
Ok day 3 and all is good :) Debbie my tase buds are the same not terrible but theres a difference...Just laying around today having the dh call me all day long to make sure Im not doing anything to crazy lol gotta love him
But no big changes yet tonight is my first Nupogen...and Im hoping for no pain...the doctor said its either no pain or a lot of pain no inbetween...wish me luck
Diagnosis: 8/15/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIa, Grade 2, 3/3 nodes, ER-/PR+, HER2+

TC every 3 weeks for 6 sessions

Take everyday as a step closer to the finish line and the start of your new life <3
dap1961

Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:12 PM
Hi...last night, i had some night sweats, but nurse said this may be due to the steroids, which i finished last night....She said days 3-5 will be the icky days...have still felt pretty good today.  The tiredness will probably hit me tomorrow!  Maybe I should be feeling good by Thanksgiving!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 2 of 28, messages 11 to 20 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message