Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Winter chemo ladies!
Change Page: << < ..2122232425262728 > | Showing page 24 of 28, messages 231 to 240 of 271
RSBendy

• Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 1670
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Monday, December 12, 2011 6:53 PM
So sorry to hear that you had a bad weekend.  You're more than halfway thru! Keep your chin up.
Ronnie 
"A Pink Warrior"

Diagnosed - 6/7/11
DIEP Flap Procedure, Double Mastectomy - 7/19/11
BRCA I +
Left Breast - 7mm, 1 Sentinal Node - .9mm
Chemo - 
Adriamycin/Cytoxan 4X's every 2 weeks (followed by Neulasta)
1  2  3  4
Taxol 4X's every 2 weeks
5  6  7  8 DONE!
Hormone Therapy (Anastrozol) for 5 years st
SKalsta

• Total Posts : 63
  • Reward points : 3865
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:36 PM
Sorry it has been awhile since I updated.  Went for chemo #6 today but have to wait until next week.  I got thru the hand/foot syndrome however, I have grade 3 neuropathy.  The dr says after 1 dose of taxol, this is too high and should not be.  So, he wants to wait a week to see if it gets better on its own.  If not, then either he reduces the dose or stops it all together.  I am okay with waiting a week, in fact I might have a few normal days.  I am very tiired now.  I get frustrated because I think I feel up to do something only to find that 10 minutes later, I am exhausted.  And I am hearing that this is normal and expected and make sure that I lower the bar low enough to step over it instead of trying to get under it.  

Saying an extra prayer for the winter chemo ladies.  I hope that you are all doing okay.
Sue K
Invasive Ductal Carcinona
Diagnosed 7/1/2011
Stage III Grade 2
Tumor Size 6cm
2+/18 nodes
ER+/PR+
HER2 Negative
7/28/2011 - Right Modified Mastectomy w/ lymph nodes removed.  Left Prophylactic Mastectomy
Not a candidate for reconstructive surgery. 
Chemo 5 out 8 completed.
Radiation completed.
Lymphedema and scar tissue issues
Dora

• Total Posts : 313
  • Reward points : 5600
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, December 14, 2011 8:51 PM
Hi Sue,
Sorry about your neuropathy.  I was just wondering how they grade it.  I had chemo #4 of 6 Taxatere, carboplatin and herceptin today and I feel I have terrible neuropathy but my onco jusy prescribed pain med.  I am already taking neurontin.  Do hope you start feeling better soon.  Take care.
Dora-age 55-Colorado
Rt breast ductal carcinoma (9/06) Stage 1, Grade 2
Lumpectomy 10/13/06 Sentinol Node Biopsy
Nodes neg, clean margins, Oncotype 23; Clinical trial of Radiation 12/06; A/C Chemo X 4 completed 3/07, Tamoxifen started May 07, Arimedex 5/09,Stopped Arimidex 8/28/09,  Aromasin 9/09 , stopped 6/15/11 due to new cancer 
New lump 6/11; Stage 1c, grade 3, New Cancer in left breast; ER+, PR-, HER2+ bilateral mastectomy, tram reconstruction&
SKalsta

Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:50 AM
My doctor looked it up on the internet. I did not get the site that he was on, but here is a site that talks about grading. http://www.ons.org/Research/NursingSensitive/Summaries/media/ons/docs/research/summaries/peripheral/tables-of-tools.pdf Basically Grade 3 is where is effects your ADL (Activities of Daily Living). I have trouble and sometimes can't button my shirt. I can hold a pen but my writing is horrible. The bubble that medicines come in, I can't pop the pill out. Not to mention the tingling and pain associated with it. As the dr explained to me, Taxol does cause neuropathy. But to have only had 1 dose, I am too toxic. To be having this many issues with only 1 dose is why he delayed chemo. Next week, if I am not better - he might reduce the dose or stop it all together because it can cause permanent damage. Take care - Keep an eye on it.
Sue K
Diagnosed 7/1/2011
Stage III Grade 2
Tumor Size 6cm
2+/18 nodes
ER+/PR+
HER2 Negative
7/28/2011 - Right Modified Mastectomy w/ lymph nodes removed.  Left Prophylactic Mastectomy
Chemo 5 out 8 completed.
Radiation completed.
LindaW

• Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 4680
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:01 AM
Sorry I haven't been on in awhile. Sorry to hear of those that are struggling and hope you all feel better soon. I have been struggling too but am very happy to report that I finished my last round of chemo yesterday. I am so excited to be finished and hope to get some energy back. I have a consult with the radiation oncologist next week to get the ball rolling for radiation and will still continue to receive Herceptin every three weeks through August. I have also been referred to a cardiologist because my ejection fraction is on the low side of normal. Hope this is not a new worry. I will see once I meet the cardiologist on 12/29. Linda
Linda...Age at diagnosis 51
IDC stage 1 ; tumor 1.1 cm
Excisional Biopsy 5/24/11
Liver biopsy 6/09/11 - negative
 Lumpectomy and axillary node dissection 7/20/11 clear margins- no nodes found
  ER-/PR-; HER2+++ ;BRCA 1 and 2 negative
Chemo - Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin x6 finished 12/14/11
Herceptin for one year: Radiation 35 tx finished 3/05/12

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:27 PM
Sue sorry to read of your neuropathy, sometimes slowing down the drip can help or having weekly doses rather than further apart, I do hope it improves soon, I had it too but it was'nt a huge issue for me thankfully.

Linda many congratulations on finishing !!!    If the ejection fraction gets too low they often stop herceptin for a while but most people can resume again after a short break and in general any damage does repair itself so fingers crossed for you!

Sending good wishes to all you ladies struggling through chemo right nowPals
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
RSBendy

• Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 1670
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Friday, December 16, 2011 5:02 PM
Hi Ladies - Congrats Linda on finishing!
  I completed my treatments today.  Just waiting to see if I will retain any of my eyebrows/eyelashes.  I am fortunate that the neuropathy on the soles of my feet hasn't been too bad. See the oncologist in 2 weeks and then start hormones for next 5 years.

Looking forward to recouping my energy.

Can anyone share their experience with going off steriods?

Ronnie 
"A Pink Warrior"

Diagnosed - 6/7/11
DIEP Flap Procedure, Double Mastectomy - 7/19/11
BRCA I +
Left Breast - 7mm, 1 Sentinal Node - .9mm
Chemo - 
Adriamycin/Cytoxan 4X's every 2 weeks (followed by Neulasta)
1  2  3  4
Taxol 4X's every 2 weeks
5  6  7  8 DONE!
Hormone Therapy (Anastrozol) for 5 years st
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Friday, December 16, 2011 6:03 PM
Congrats Ronnie!!!

I'm glad to say I had no issue's at all stopping the steroids and think we're on them a short time its really not a problem
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
SKalsta

Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Thursday, December 22, 2011 5:59 AM
Well, I am done with chemo (3 treatments short). I continue to have grade 3 neuropathy and are considered too toxic to continue. I will have a few weeks break and are scheduled to meet with the radiologist on Jan 9. I am going to take this time and try to rest and recoup some energy.
Sue K
Diagnosed 7/1/2011
Stage III Grade 2
Tumor Size 6cm
2+/18 nodes
ER+/PR+
HER2 Negative
Chemo 5 out 8 completed.
Radiation completed.
Dora

• Total Posts : 313
  • Reward points : 5600
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:12 PM
Hi Sue:
I am so sorry that you are so "toxic" with your treatment.  Take the time to get better and take care of yourself.  I am sure the neuropathy is causing you a lot of pain and discomfort.  Hope some of this is reversible for you now that you will have a break from chemo.  Wishing you a Merrry Christmas!
Dora
Dora-age 55-Colorado
Rt breast ductal carcinoma (9/06) Stage 1, Grade 2
Lumpectomy 10/13/06 Sentinol Node Biopsy
Nodes neg, clean margins, Oncotype 23; Clinical trial of Radiation 12/06; A/C Chemo X 4 completed 3/07, Tamoxifen started May 07, Arimedex 5/09,Stopped Arimidex 8/28/09,  Aromasin 9/09 , stopped 6/15/11 due to new cancer 
New lump 6/11; Stage 1c, grade 3, New Cancer in left breast; ER+, PR-, HER2+ bilateral mastectomy, tram reconstruction&
Change Page: << < ..2122232425262728 > | Showing page 24 of 28, messages 231 to 240 of 271

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll