Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And Life Goes ON: Daily Support
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627 > | Showing page 26 of 27, messages 251 to 260 of 267
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, March 20, 2014 12:00 PM
DJ - that a seriously sucks!  I'm so sorry for your son and your other life problems.  What can I say?  I just hope you stay well and are able to say positive about the future.  Life deals us many unexpected blows and all we can do is try to get through as well as we know how.

Take care.

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, March 20, 2014 6:26 PM
DJ, it's so good to hear from you, though I'm sorry the news for your son is sad. It's horrible that some miserable person could destroy so much history, as well as something that means so much to your son.

I'm also sorry about your headaches and hope that the diary helps you figure out what may be causing them. Sending you a hug.

I'm very excited about meeting Tricia and wish that the world were just a bit smaller so that it would be easier for all of us to meet in person!

Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:40 PM
DJ I have your e mail and will send on  some pic's, can't wait for Rena to arrive either!!  I'm sure I've asked before but are you on FB? If not no prob and I'll e mail you some pic's and thanks!:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, March 21, 2014 1:54 PM
Rena the trip sounds wonderful especially Belfast with the Titanic Museum.  I always was interested in it.  It use to be that we could take a 3 hour trip to Nova Scotia and lots of the victims of the Titanic are buried there.  I once thought of take a trip to see it, never did though I've been to Nova Scotia.  Now there is no longer a ferry service across the Bay of Maine, so I totally miss out.

I am certain that you will have a great time.  My brother did a trip a few years ago to Dublin and I have all sorts of photo he took.

He had no one to visit.  He was working in the UK and on weekends took side trips.  

Bon Voyage,

DJ
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
DJ64

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, March 21, 2014 1:58 PM
Guess you will have to mail them.  I am on Facebook but as I told some of you in PM DJ are my initials First and Middlename in reverse.  I wish I had thought about it more when I log on this and other sites.

Have fun Tricia with your guests.

DJ  

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
DJ64

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, March 21, 2014 2:16 PM
Elaine and Rena,

Thank you for your sympathy.  I do think the headaches was stress, for my son, my mother and my sister.  Not having so many now.

It does suck when some unknown man walks up a hill, breaks a window and sets a fire to a historical home after all the work that has gone into the place.  

DJ

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, March 21, 2014 2:33 PM
Thanks DJ, I've always had an interest in the Titanic too and anyone I know that has visited the new exhibition has said it's amazing. We're also hoping to get in a visit to Newgrange, its an ancient burial site close to our home and is 500 years older than the Pyramids and well worth a visit. I'm glad your headaches are beginning to ease and I imagine it is all the stress you're under too.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:02 AM
DJ - just reading your posts makes me sick to my stomach. You have to wonder what would make a person do such a horrendous thing for no reason? I have been to Ireland as well, it has been a long time but I will never forget how beautiful, and realized then the meaning of 40 shades of green. My family is all in the north, County Tyrone, and some work in Belfast, but we spent some time on the west coast too and it truly was the trip of a lifetime. Bon Voyage, Rena!
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
DJ64

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:54 PM
Thank you, Pat.  

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:12 PM
DJ, how are things going? Have your headaches subsided? I hope so. 
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627 > | Showing page 26 of 27, messages 251 to 260 of 267

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll