Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And Life Goes ON: Daily Support
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627 | Showing page 27 of 27, messages 261 to 267 of 267
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:13 PM
Rena,

Headaches were stress and I think Zofran is causing me some, so I might go back on the other nausea med I had.  Taxol didn't give me nausea or vomiting.  To early to tell about Doxil.

Robert Ballard who found the Titanic now years ago, I met him.  My youngest son was very interested when he was 8 years old and I took him to the local University who had Mr. Ballard as a speaker.  Since my son was probably the youngest there, Mr. Ballard paid attention to him.  I figured he must have been bored to take so much time to pay attention to my son.  I purchased his book and he signed the book for my son.  Did you and Tricia enjoy the museum.  

DJ
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Sunday, April 27, 2014 2:52 PM
DJ, we had a lovely visit there and enjoyed it very much thanks, we were lucky it was a nice sunny day too, I can't believe Rena's trip has come and gone already but happy we both enjoyed it, but knew we would.:)

Sorry for your headaches, however this drug gave me headaches at the start for a few days too, as well as sinus issue's, hoping it gets easier for you.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Ree T

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 50
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, May 22, 2015 10:45 AM
[font="verdana; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16.7999992370605px; background-color: rgb(248, 248, 248)"]It is so helpful reading about your "true" feelings, from all of you.  I have been having a hard time being "positive" all the time. It seems that is expected and I have begun to understand that it is ludicrous to think that I can be that.  I found a saying on Facebook that just said it all for me.  "I'm exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel." I couldn't figure out why I feel so tired. Had blood tests run and all is well.  I'm realizing that I just wasn't allowing myself to honestly feel sad and changed. I thought that since I found the cancer early that I didn't have the right to say I'm a survivor. However, I'm realizing that all the same fears and losses happened to me. I lost my breasts! I hate looking in the mirror! I'm scared the doctors are wrong! Those who say, "you will be fine" just don't have a clue and I hope they never will. They mean well and just trying to care, but it sure doesn't help. Starting Tamoxifen today and really nervous about it. I have terrible reactions to medications, but the oncologist wants me to give it a try.  DREADING IT!
Ree, Aurora, CO, Age 65
Invasive ductal carcinoma, left breast
ER+, PgR+, HER2 by IHC Negative, Stage I
Bilateral Mastectomy 3/20/15
Cancer found in right breast after surgery

Nodes clear, clear margins
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, May 22, 2015 12:00 PM
Ree:

So sorry that you were drafted into this club that no one wanted to join.  You are correct.  It is tiring trying to stay positive and put up the "front" for others.  You need to take that time to grieve the loss of your breasts.  You need time to absorb what has happened.  So much is out of our control and that is hard to accept.  Looking at yourself again will happen.  While you won't see your breasts you will over time see a strong woman who has survived and eventually will thrive.

I too did not feel like a survivor as my cancer was stage 0.  I guess you really can't get any earlier than that.  Because I didn't go through what others did I felt like what did I survive.  I guess I felt less of a cancer patient.  But one day looking at my battle scars (my mastectomy scars and reconstruction scars) it hit me.  I won.  I am a survivor because I didn't let this break me.  It changed me into a stronger woman who is no longer content to blend into the background.  The tears will come and go but you must take the time you need to heal.  There are no handouts or manuals on how you should feel.  Everyone is different but you will find your strength.

Good luck to you.  Remember we are here for you as well.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Ree T

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 50
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, May 22, 2015 12:18 PM
Thanks for those words of encouragement. All I can do now is cry, which I didn't much allow myself to do. Guess I'm learning new things about myself. It's ok for me to be human. What a thought!
Ree, Aurora, CO, Age 65
Invasive ductal carcinoma, left breast
ER+, PgR+, HER2 by IHC Negative, Stage I
Bilateral Mastectomy 3/20/15
Cancer found in right breast after surgery

Nodes clear, clear margins
princess

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 60
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:54 AM

I know exactly how you feel..I don't know who I am anymore. The woman I was is no longer here. Cant wear the clothes I use to wear.

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Wednesday, October 26, 2016 3:17 PM
Princess the site is quiet of late but you can chat to lots of others in a similar situation on our Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1588741974737166/
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..21222324252627 | Showing page 27 of 27, messages 261 to 267 of 267

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll