Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And Life Goes ON: Daily Support
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 27, messages 41 to 50 of 267
chelmsing

• Total Posts : 111
  • Reward points : 5760
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Wednesday, April 04, 2012 8:18 PM
Tricia - I was thinking of scrabble too. 

It sounds very different from the electronic version that I play, when you need to match up the tiles to remove them from the board, and can only be removed if they are on an edge with no tiles on either the right or left.  I'm familiar with the tiles as they use similar ones in the electronic version.  I spent an hour playing it on my ipod on Monday, waiting for my lab and then onc visit.

Sharon - my husband has played Catan a couple times.  They have many different versions of it in the game store here too.

Cathy
dx 10/28/10, 11/11/10 lumpectomy, 11/24/10 re-excision of margins, 1/17/11 mastectomy
er+/pr+, 2.4 cm tumor & DCIS
2/14/11 4x dose dense AC followed by 4x Taxol
No rads
7/22/11 DIEP reconstruction for right breast
annette53160

• Total Posts : 591
  • Reward points : 8995
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:28 AM
I am the Debbie Downer for the day...sorry ladies.  Does life really go on after bc or do we just exist as best as possible?   I am recovering from trigger finger surgery(very minor really) due to the femara.  Faced with job loss(not because of bc) and don't have the stamina or energy to put 110% into a new job because of bc.   My physical presentation is not the greatest due to weight gain from femara(bc again).  Feel like I will be a bag lady pushing the shopping cart around.  So sick of starting over and struggling.  I know there are no guarantees in life and that things change......but geeze...wish I could catch a break. 
<message edited by annette53160 on Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:29 AM>
IDC October 2009
Lumpectomy x2 to get clear margins
Stage 2a Grade 3
1/11 nodes positive 
er+
4 DD A/C
12 Taxol
Radiation
Femara
Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, April 05, 2012 11:51 AM
Hi ladies,

Great forum and something we needed. I think all of us can understand what each is going through even though no breast cancers are the same. It does seem like it never ends and is one thing after another. Since BC I now have stage 3 liver fibrosis, possibly from the Tamoxafen. scheduled to have ovaries removed in May. Follow up with my Rheumy doctor this week. No lupus even though ANA is elevated. I do have arthritis just about everywhere and also found out I have Psoriatic (sp) arthritis. On a sulfer drug due to I am limited as to what meds I can take due to liver issues. Also on a muscle relaxer, small dose of pred as well.
I am trying to be active but it is so hard when you hurt everywhere. I know if I veg up I will become a veg permantly. This weekend going to a dog show, showing my corgis and my friend is going to show my old Am Staff for me. (Can't show the big dogs right now). <sigh>  I take it day to day, I will not give up no matter how hard it gets.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, April 05, 2012 1:09 PM
Annette: Sorry for everything that you are going through right now. Interesting question though. You exist only if you go through the motions without any thought or satisfaction. You live when you can find a little happiness or satisfaction in the smallest of things. Therefore, I think that we are all living life to the best of our ability and doing our damn best to conquer the obstacles in our way. Grace: Good luck with the dog show.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, April 05, 2012 2:37 PM
Grace:  Good luck and good fun at the dog show :)

Tina:  Have fun in Las Vegas and if you gamble I hope you win big!

Annette:  I'm so sorry you're feeling so down and I understand that you're sick and tired of it all.  I think though that you've bee through hard times in life and have always come out on top.  So I'm pretty sure you will do the same again.  One thing at a time....  

Hug
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

scootersmom

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, April 05, 2012 9:35 PM
Thanks Elaine.  I am hoping to have better luck in Vegas than I did with the Mega Millions.  Either way, getting away from the people I work with is going to be wonderful.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, April 06, 2012 8:58 AM
Annette and Grace, I'm sorry that you are both feeling overwhelmed right now. You both have strong spirits that will help you through these harder times. Hugs to you both.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, April 06, 2012 12:55 PM
Annette tomorrow's another day and its okay to feel bad some days so be kind to yourself, life will get better and you've just had surgery so give yourself a break!Pals

Grace I'm sorry you're going through so much too and hope the dog show will raise your spirits so good luck!

Tina here's hoping for a big win for you!!

Happy Easter to everyone and enjoy that chocolate ladies its good for you!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
scootersmom

Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, April 06, 2012 1:28 PM
Happy Easter to all who observe it. For those celebrating Passover, happy holiday to you as well. Thanks Tricia. If I do win anything big, I'll be sure to let everyone know. (yeah, like I'll hit the big one playing low denomination machines). lol
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS

SKalsta

• Total Posts : 63
  • Reward points : 3865
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Monday, April 09, 2012 11:24 AM
It has been a long time since I posted on this site. My, have I had some issues. Some normal and some not so normal. I completed my 33 treatments of radiology with the last 5 being the boost. I was severely burned in 3 areas and the rest of the area was as expected with moderate to severe burns. 8 days after my last treatment, my incisions split open again. I had this issue after surgery but this time it was caused from radiation. So, I really felt like I was in deja vu. Here we go again. I am expected to heal from the inside out as before and it will take approx 4-8 weeks to heal. If for some reason I do not heal, then I would need some kind of graft performed to close up the wound. On top of that, my under lying issue of A/S (Anklosing Spondylitis)is flaring up and what they are calling severe complications due to post-chemo - A/S. I completed chemo on Nov 30 and completed Radiation on March 5. Fortunately, I do not have any infections going on, but BP has dropped to all time low, low grade fever, chills, elevated ESR, CRP, kidneys started to go out of wack, decreased RBC and H&H. At the moment, I have 5 doctors all looking at me and trying to figure out what is going on. No Cancer, but sure feels like I am reliving the moments when I was first diagnosed. I had lab tests performed every day last week. I have had a biopsy performed and other tests. Hoping just to find the cause or at least get things straightened out. Some days I feel like Why me? Can't I catch a break at some point? But, it is what it is and I have to accept the cards that are dealt to me. Having a place to just scream for a second or minute is great. Because when I am done, I can pick up and move on. Women are tough, and we are faced with so many stresses that I feel that men are not. When a man multi-tasks they get a pat on the back. But when a woman does not multi-task she is ridiculed. I guess that is what makes us tough. And you add the layer of cancer on top of that. I am just rambling on and on.
Sue K
Invasive Ductal Carcinona
Diagnosed 7/1/2011
Stage III Grade 2
Tumor Size 6cm
2+/18 nodes
ER+/PR+
HER2 Negative
7/28/2011 - Right Modified Mastectomy w/ lymph nodes removed.  Left Prophylactic Mastectomy
Not a candidate for reconstructive surgery. 
Chemo 5 out 8 completed.
Radiation completed.
Lymphedema and scar tissue issues
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 27, messages 41 to 50 of 267

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages