Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Komen reunion!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 4 of 11, messages 31 to 40 of 107
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Komen reunion! - Saturday, April 06, 2013 7:23 PM
Just wanted all of you "old timers". And "new timers" to notice that our Tricia has made 17,448 posts that have helped me and countless others on their bc travels.  The good, the bad, and the ugly!
.    I count you as a friend, my dearPalsPals

dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Komen reunion! - Saturday, April 06, 2013 7:28 PM
Thank you Jeanne!!! I share your thoughts and am sad on losing so many of our komen sisters and its maddening to think the Dr's still dont know why!!! The Komen boards have been so special to me that I want to continue giving some advice or a welcome to all who come here and FB is not private enough for me!!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Komen reunion! - Saturday, April 06, 2013 7:30 PM
Lol wow Sharon, I hadn't noticed but if I helped anyone it was worth the effort:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
ctGailco

• Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 350
Re:Komen reunion! - Saturday, April 06, 2013 9:53 PM
Toni! We really should plan to meet up again sometime soon. Glad to see you here. Warmly, Gail
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful!
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:54 AM
It goes without saying that you all have "saved" me over and over again....and continue to do so!  It is good to see some old firends post here again.  Jeanne, heard you moved to Alaska?  I have a dear friend who lived there for 11 years...PM me:-)  Ann and Marie, hope you are well!  Deb, you are a ROCK!   I pray I will see Sharon and Elaine in September, we all are truly are connected in a way that goes beyond friendship, with Tricia and Rena at the helm!  I have never posted here and not come away with answers, or the strength and support when I needed it the most,  and I thank you all for that!  FIVE years, here I come! 
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 8:12 AM
The first time I came to the site and read the posts I thought "not for me - too depressing and I don't want to be brought down."  A couple of of months later after my mastectomy, I think -- I looked in again and thought "ok, I'll just ask a question."  I immediately got responses and through amazingly, could FEEL the kindness and camaraderie!!  I was so surprised and it felt so good....so here I am 5 years later, so grateful for all of you.

Thank you Tricia for starting this thread - you are one special woman in so many ways.  Rena - thank you for having 22 positive nodes.  That information alone, made me feel as if I had a chance :)  Honestly true.  Sharonma, thank you for your humor and your constancy (is that a word?) in all situations.  Pat, thank you for the joy you share through your own tears.  Dana, thank you for showing us the definition of determination.  Toni, Annette, Marie, Deb Joyce, NN and names I am forgetting (chemobrain :) ..... Thanks to ALL of you for giving me the comfort and companionship I needed to get through this, which continues to this day, even in my current state of NED and the ever-present "what if."

A special shout-out to the sisters we've lost along the way.  They remind us that we are amazing, courageous, and that we are WARRIORS!

Hug,
Elaine

A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 9:35 AM
AMEN!!!! 
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
Ilene

• Total Posts : 1854
  • Reward points : 6390
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:48 AM
Love seeing all of the girls back on Komen to support our new sisters.  Hope to see more!

Tricia and Rena - I know several have said it, but I must chime in ... thank you both SO MUCH for sticking with this.  You are strong, loving, inspirational and saving lives and I wish we lived close enough that I could hug you both!

As I've been trying to peruse through the message boards, I'm finding it difficult to find current threads.  I click on the date column to sort by date, but nothing happens, and the same few threads still appear at the top of Sound Off, no matter what I do.  Is there a secret to navigating through the boards to find who has posted recently who might be in need of advice or just an understanding ear?
Ilene
Cali
Diag 1/2006, DCIS-left, IDC-right, ER+/PR+, Node Neg, Stage 1
Bilat Mast 2/2006
6 Rnds Chemo (FAC)
Right then Left exp infect/removed
Right lat dorsi 10/2006
Left lat dorsi 1/2007
EXCHANGE 4/23/2007!
On Tamoxifen since 2007 (on 10-yr cycle)
Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 12:01 PM
Hi Ilene, It is so great to hear from you and many of the others whom I remember from my early days with Komen. I know there are many using on Facebook but I am not one of them so it is wonderful to know there are a slew of us who are still living with our friend, NED. As for your troubles with this website, I always click on the Forum Menu on the top left of the screen and choose "Posts since last visit". It works every time, but I realize screens and operating systems can play tricks, so this is probably no help at all. Take care.
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
Ilene

• Total Posts : 1854
  • Reward points : 6390
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 12:15 PM
Hey, Nuzzy's Nana!  Nice to see you again!  That Forum Menu trick worked perfectly!  Thank you!
Ilene
Cali
Diag 1/2006, DCIS-left, IDC-right, ER+/PR+, Node Neg, Stage 1
Bilat Mast 2/2006
6 Rnds Chemo (FAC)
Right then Left exp infect/removed
Right lat dorsi 10/2006
Left lat dorsi 1/2007
EXCHANGE 4/23/2007!
On Tamoxifen since 2007 (on 10-yr cycle)
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 4 of 11, messages 31 to 40 of 107

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message