Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Komen reunion!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 11, messages 41 to 50 of 107
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 12:36 PM
Hi everyone! It's so nice to see you all here. I found this site in 2005 when I was already 19 years out. I came here because my daughter was studying in Barcelona and had found a lump. Poor girl was running all over the city, trying to communicate with doctors who spoke only Catalan. She was due home in six weeks, and the doctor there said he was sure it was a cyst. I set her up with appts here, but those six weeks of waiting were awful--for both of us. When I logged on and told my history and what was happening with my daughter, the greeting I got was unreal! All these women, some of whom were in the midst of treatment and feeling like crap, rallied round to support me. I've never left. I admit that I'm not quite as active as I used to be, but I still hang around to give support when I can. I've often said how much I wish I'd had a site like this when I was diagnosed. These boards make going through cancer a much less lonely experience. I'm glad to hear that you're all doing well. Love, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:34 PM
Ilene, It's great to know that I am not totally tech illiterate.
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
Ilene

• Total Posts : 1854
  • Reward points : 6390
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:53 PM
LOL!  And I AM a techie, so that's really sayin' somethin'!
Ilene
Cali
Diag 1/2006, DCIS-left, IDC-right, ER+/PR+, Node Neg, Stage 1
Bilat Mast 2/2006
6 Rnds Chemo (FAC)
Right then Left exp infect/removed
Right lat dorsi 10/2006
Left lat dorsi 1/2007
EXCHANGE 4/23/2007!
On Tamoxifen since 2007 (on 10-yr cycle)
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 6:56 PM
hope lots of the oldies plan to stay around.  there are many newbies that need encouragement and a kind word.and.... and.. not enough of us left to answer all the pleas for an ear or shoulder to lean on!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
bezerk

• Total Posts : 764
  • Reward points : 11185
Re:Komen reunion! - Sunday, April 07, 2013 7:18 PM
Wow isn't this place wonderful, so many sistas. Thanks Tricia great idea to do this and also thanks for all you help you and everyone...I am in this site for the long term...so cheers...break open a bottle of champagne and let's reunion!!!
50 yrs, Rt breast lump found 4/12/09 during shower. 5/7/09 Organs, bones & head clean. 5/8/09Bilateral Mastectomy/ skin sparing surgery, implantation of skin expanders, removal 3 lymph nodes,one pos., tumors 1.5 cms x 0.8 cms & 0.8 cms x 1 cm, one tumor surprise, hidden. DX:Mixed Lobular and ductal adenoca. rt breast with badly defined borders.
Est. Pos. nuc. ( +/+++) Prog pos. nuc. intense ( +++/+++) Her2- non-amplified, KI-67 pos. less than 30%
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Komen reunion! - Monday, April 08, 2013 1:41 AM
Thanks Bezerk and huge thanks to everyone who logged in and posted here, its great to see so many old names and to know everyone is doing well.:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Ilene

• Total Posts : 1854
  • Reward points : 6390
Re:Komen reunion! - Monday, April 08, 2013 9:26 AM
Thank you, Tricia, for organizing the "reunion!"  Not only does it make us alumni (for lack of a better word) feel good, but I'm sure it is helpful to newbies to see that life continues.

Now that Nuzzy's Nana gave me that tip about easily navigating to recent posts, I'm going to try to check in more often so I can lend my support, encouragement, tips, co-miseration to the conversation.

Love you lots.  Next reunion should be in Ireland!
Ilene
Cali
Diag 1/2006, DCIS-left, IDC-right, ER+/PR+, Node Neg, Stage 1
Bilat Mast 2/2006
6 Rnds Chemo (FAC)
Right then Left exp infect/removed
Right lat dorsi 10/2006
Left lat dorsi 1/2007
EXCHANGE 4/23/2007!
On Tamoxifen since 2007 (on 10-yr cycle)
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Komen reunion! - Monday, April 08, 2013 9:36 AM
Now that WILL be a party Ilene!!!!:)love the avatar too btw!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:Komen reunion! - Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:40 AM
Hi,

At first I said, "I'm not an old timer" and then I figured well, maybe I've been around for a while now and am not a newbie.  I came on ready for a fight, I was angry, really angry at "cancer" but Tricia continue to stay with me.  She inquired if I was just going to come on every 6 months and be angry.  Anger phase has passed.  Mostly to tired these days for much of anything.  I start my 2nd cycle tomorrow and then we scan to see if Taxol is doing any good.

I'm 18 1/2 + years since diagnose with 18 doing only hormonal therapy drugs.  I still have Afinitor and Aromasin to keep me going after this chemo phase is finish.  Have to make sure those renegade cells have forgotten what hormonal drugs are before starting up again.  I've lost my hair for the first time.  Didn't on my first chemo back in 94/95.  Learning to like the hats and turbans.  I found it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.  I did have lovely thick hair and it took over 2 weeks to loose it all.  I still have a few hairs that sort stick right up in the air when I take my hat or turban off.  It reminds me of a cartoon character that stuck it's finger on a live wire.  Any way, it's not the worse thing and I save the cost of visiting my hairdresser.  Though she was so kind when I told her where I was.  We've been together long before the cancer experience began back in 1994.

It's a sad day for me.  My dad has been in Hospice for over a week. Today is the day they think my father will pass on, as major organs are now failing.  He is tough, I admire this.  He has been the "come back, kid" for so long.  He had so many health issues heart, two types of cancer, totally deaf, lost an eye and etc. and been a death's door so many times and always revived.  We don't expect that to happen today.  He has had a long, productive life nevertheless.  I am trying to remember all the good times and focus on the positive part of his life.  We don't live close and he ordered me stay with the treatments, so I am not there with my siblings.  We said all there was to say.  It's part of life...isn't it.  

I like coming here, made some good friends that I can count on support and occasionally I can help someone with their questions.  

So, I figure I'm part of the reunion, can't have champagne on Taxol but Ginger Ale is good too.
Thank you Tricia for all you do.

DJ
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
California_Danielle

• Total Posts : 1025
  • Reward points : 5045
Re:Komen reunion! - Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:37 PM
Surprised I still remembered my login... I think I'll be a 9 yr survivor at the end of this year. Losing track...which is a fantastic thing!
39 years old
SIMI VALLEY, CA (Los Angeles area)
DCIS diag. 10/04, left breast mastectomy 12/04
ER/PR –, Her 2+, clear sentinel node, except one or two BAD micromets.
Did 6 rounds FEC chemo to insure those were gone, then 12 mos. of Herceptin.
8-year SURVIVOR...approaching 9 years since diagnosis!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 5 of 11, messages 41 to 50 of 107

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message