Komen reunion!

Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 107
Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 7:19 PM
A big hello and welcome to friends and sista's past and present, many of us have been here a few years now and made many friends, some for life and although many of us have drifted off over the years I thought it would be great to meet up once again and say hi to the ladies that either helped us through cancer or perhaps, we helped through!:).......this is our thread and I'd have liked to arrange a possible one day or time we all could be here together but thats been impossible, so the next best thing was to begin this thread and I hope many of you will pop in and out and say hi to the many ladies I hope will post here. :).......I know many of you ladies that were here before me passed on so much knowledge I'm forever in your debt and I like to think I too pay it forward and look forward (God willing ) to my eight cancer-versary in the summer!!!:) .....Looking forward to seeing you all here again!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

Deb/akaMimi
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 1020
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 7:36 PM
Hey Tricia!! I made it here with no trouble, and I love the idea you've proposed. Not sure about the smilies and stuff, but I'm with you in spirit. I sorely miss the sisters we've lost over the years, and count them in my heart, there are too many gone too soon, so if we survivors gather together in their honor, and bless them as they have blessed us with their stories and their lives, and as they look over us...we will find strength in each other. I know we are all in different phases and different times, but together we are one soul...
Deb Bourland Allen/aka Mimi 1st Dx 2003, 3 lumpectomies, 18 rds chemo, 36 rds rads; recurrence in 2007, bilat mast w/DIEP recon; MRSA in abd wound; shattered L (radiated) elbow, 5 surgeries, have seen the light, coded twice, still here, butterfly kisses on wings of angels w/fairy dust sprinkles to all, just want to add I miss those we have lost, and I'm experiencing some problems suddenly that have me frightened...but remember, I'm a Texas gal, and tougher than most

Deb/akaMimi
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 7:38 PM
need to figure out how to update my profile, cuz I've been here way longer than 09/12...luv ya all <3
Deb Bourland Allen/aka Mimi 1st Dx 2003, 3 lumpectomies, 18 rds chemo, 36 rds rads; recurrence in 2007, bilat mast w/DIEP recon; MRSA in abd wound; shattered L (radiated) elbow, 5 surgeries, have seen the light, coded twice, still here, butterfly kisses on wings of angels w/fairy dust sprinkles to all, just want to add I miss those we have lost, and I'm experiencing some problems suddenly that have me frightened...but remember, I'm a Texas gal, and tougher than most

Cathy15087
  • Total Posts : 691
  • Reward points : 5365
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 7:42 PM
Hi there - just checking in!  This was certainly a safe place in a storm!  Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Dx 2/1/07 IDC 9mm Stage 1 at age 49
Lumpectomy 2/21/07, SNB-4 nodes negative
ER/PR+, HER2-, Oncotype score 11
Mammosite radiation ended 3/05/07
Didn't tolerate Tamoxifen
oopherectomy 6/15/07
started Femara - 7/26/07
Finished Femara - July 2012!!!  YES!!!

ctGailco
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 350
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 8:20 PM
Hi everyone! Found you! I am very out of sorts with reading Laura's news but glad to be able to reconnect with you all here.

Lisa11388
  • Total Posts : 425
  • Reward points : 5135
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 8:30 PM
Checking in for the reunion! Here I am 7 1/2 years after being diagnosed with TNBC. The Komen boards were a life saver for me after diagnosis. I remember Rena being one of the first ones to respond to my posts. It was such a comfort to see a long term TNBC survivor. I have been fortunate enough to meet several survivors from the midwest and beyond. One very positive thing to come from having breast cancer is the wonderful women I have met along the journey. {{{hugs}}} to all!
Lisa Long
Central Illinois
dx 8-29-05 age 43
mast & lat flap 9-30-05
triple neg brca neg
4.5 cm node neg
6 a/c followed by 5 taxol 10/05-3/06
28 rads 5/06-6/06
Currently NED

bezerk
  • Total Posts : 764
  • Reward points : 11185
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 8:49 PM
Oh my....I am almost 4 years from my Bilateral Mastectomy and what can I say except, without you ladies in the beginning and even now...I could never have done this, not possible. I owe my life to the sisters I have here on this site. So hugs and love to you all...may we all date NED for years to come and if not, fight like a bitch. I do not come here like before, but I do check in here and there, I find it a safe place that gives me comfort. For those we have lost far too soon, I am gathering here to honor them...they are true fighters... I have to say I HATE CANCER!!! I hope for a cure....one day maybe we will not have to worry about Breast Cancer or other cancers, probably not in my lifetime, but one day I hope. I walk with NED right now, but am dealing with many side effects, long term ones from the treatments and falls etc..so be it...I love NED... HUGS to all! Thank YOU!! Tricia, thanks for this thread...
50 yrs, Rt breast lump found 4/12/09 during shower. 5/7/09 Organs, bones & head clean. 5/8/09Bilateral Mastectomy/ skin sparing surgery, implantation of skin expanders, removal 3 lymph nodes,one pos., tumors 1.5 cms x 0.8 cms & 0.8 cms x 1 cm, one tumor surprise, hidden. DX:Mixed Lobular and ductal adenoca. rt breast with badly defined borders.
Est. Pos. nuc. ( +/+++) Prog pos. nuc. intense ( +++/+++) Her2- non-amplified, KI-67 pos. less than 30%

Sue Furry
  • Total Posts : 973
  • Reward points : 6435
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 9:15 PM
Holy crapola!  I am so pumped to get on this reunion thingy and finally able to reconnect with those that walked the walk with me and also connect with new walkers....

so looking forward to hanging out and just being part of Komen again!

Wow, I really need to fix my profile too as a lot has changed wow~~
<message edited by Sue Furry on Friday, April 05, 2013 9:36 PM>
South Bend, Indiana 
DCIS October 2005 at 45 years of age
Mastectomy/lat flap reconstruction January 2006
Tamoxifen (x6 months) discontinued due to vision loss
P!nk kisses xoxoxo

Sue from IN

Toni Soucie
  • Total Posts : 1885
  • Reward points : 9845
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 9:26 PM
Tricia,

What a wonderful idea.   I came to Komen seven years ago after I completed treatment and it was a life saver for me. To know that there were wonderful women who knew the exact emotions I was feeling helped me over the the "lost my safety net" period after treatment.  I pop on here at least a few times a week to see what is going on.  The Boards were so much more active when I first came here and I do miss that.  I guess it it good sign that a lot of ladies have happily moved on.  It is, however, nice to see some of the "oldies" still here on a regular basis and I mean that in a loving way:)
Toni
LI NY
DCIS 10/05 
Surgery & 6 1/2 weeks of radiation 
Tamoxifen for 2 1/2 months and stopped
due to vision issues

Rose Cafe523
  • Total Posts : 2653
  • Reward points : 6385
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 9:48 PM
I found Komen message boards the day I was told I had cancer, 5/23/2006.  I can't begin to say how much it meant to me and the tears that flowed reading the posts of support.  Many wonderful women I have met through these boards, a few in person but mostly here!!  It gave me strength and courage and felt like I met so many that understood all my fears and gave me encouragement!!!  This will always be a special place in my heart!!!
Reunion day would be great but also just good to connect with old friends!!  Love you all!!
Rose

Pink Impacts Forever
5-23-06 DCIS High Grade
Strong family history BC/OVCA
denied(lost appeals)out of network surgery
10-30-06 BM SICA left,DIEP right
Nodes Neg No chemo or rads 
Revisions along with LAVH/BSO/TVT 1-23-08
Biopsies x 3 10/20/08,neg
Bone scan 2/23/11 spot on R frontal and occiptal bone
PET/CT scan 3/4/11 negative

DeniseinMI
  • Total Posts : 92
  • Reward points : 5045
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 9:58 PM
Looking forward to "seeing" everyone again!!!  Wow, I started here in 2007, it was a bit after diagnosis and surgery, but so glad I found everyone!
<message edited by DeniseinMI on Friday, April 05, 2013 10:00 PM>
Mid Michigan

DCIS low grade-negative lymph nodes
R Mast 3-15-06
Expander exchange to silicone 8-24-06
L breast uplift/reduction 11-21-06
No chemo, no rads, no meds whatsoever! 

Ruthie1956
  • Total Posts : 255
  • Reward points : 6765
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 10:01 PM
Oh my, Welcome to everyone and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the help I received when I was terrified of having Inflammatory Breast Cancer.  You all were there for me and I couldn't have done it without you my sisters.  

I miss these dancing nanners and emoticons!  

Happy Spring to all of you, and special prayers for those we lost this year as well as those who are fighting hard to stay here, now. hugs my sisters, we are here with you!
dancingcat  This is new but I like it!

hugs it will be 6 yrs NED with IBC, 7yrs since diagnosis in June. WOW!
Love to you all <3
Diag. 7/06 2 lumpectomies, no clear margins
Inflammatory BC, DCIS and IDC
Chemo Aug 06-Dec 06
bilat mast 1/07
Radiation 2/07-4/07
Tried all AIs (ER/PR +, Her2 -) 
NED thus far, have RA now

Cancer is like quicksand, the more you struggle alone, the deeper you sink; but if you relax, spread yourself out and reach for help you are rescued! (rufus mcaine)

Butterfly
  • Total Posts : 384
  • Reward points : 5045
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 10:04 PM
Well I made it here. When I have more energy and not feeling so yucky, I will update my profile.  Glad to see so many familiar faces.  They have been my lifeline.
Northeast Mississippi
Dx 12/05, mast. on right breast 1/04/2006
4 A/C, 4 Taxol, 37 rads.
stage IIIA, grade 2, 2/16 positve nodes
Failed tram flap reconst. 11/07
Hernia repair on 7/17/08
Hernia is back, at the end of my rope
but still hanging on
Arimidex and Fosamax
Where there is Life, there is Hope!!!

Ann B.
  • Total Posts : 2920
  • Reward points : 5060
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 10:40 PM
Hi All--Good to see everyone again.  It's 11 years since my mastectomy and 24 years since my first diagnosis.  Life has been very good to me.  I see many of you on FB but for those who don't know, I am retired and am really enjoying my family.  My grandson, Jacob, just turned 12 and he is a wonderful, interesting boy (almost young man).  Coming to Komen really gave me purpose, being able to contribute and provide information and support.  I hope to come back as often as possible and hope we all can soon enjoy some Spring weather.

Ann B.
Ann B.
12/89--Lumptectomy of left breast for 2 sites of DCIS followed by radiation and 5 years of tamoxifen. ER/PR +
12/2002--Mastectomy of Left breast for recurrence. Nodes negative. ER/PR+ Her2-. Arimidex.

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 10:41 PM
Hello everyone.  I joined two years ago after my not so great lumpectomy results came back.  I was scared, emotional and even though I had aunts that had breast cancer, they weren't very helpful.  I found sisters who guided me and allowed me to grieve, vent and comfort me when needed.  While I had a support system in place, it just isn't/wasn't the same as having people along the journey that experienced what you were going through.

Wow--the end of the month will be two years since the bilateral. Time flies.  I, like many others, have benefited from the ladies on this site and have tried my darnedest to return the gift with a kind ear and a gentle hug.

Thank you ladies for being there when I needed you.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Ilene
  • Total Posts : 1854
  • Reward points : 6390
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 11:06 PM
Thank you, Tricia, for setting up this reunion!  I, too, found this board the day I was diagnosed.  I truly believe that the love and support and positive energy I received from these amazing ladies was the #1 factor that led to my 7-year relationship with NED.  It also kept me from moving into a rubber room!  I have never felt closer to any women than those I've met here and through this journey.  You ate truly my pink sisters, and more my family than my family.  I hope that our reunion here will revitalize the Komen boards for the sake of the newbies and our sisters still fighting the fight ... I want them to have what we had, and to know that there is a big pink party on the other end of this frightening and devastating journey.  I love you all, with all of my heart and look forward to seeing some names I've missed!
Ilene
Cali
Diag 1/2006, DCIS-left, IDC-right, ER+/PR+, Node Neg, Stage 1
Bilat Mast 2/2006
6 Rnds Chemo (FAC)
Right then Left exp infect/removed
Right lat dorsi 10/2006
Left lat dorsi 1/2007
EXCHANGE 4/23/2007!
On Tamoxifen since 2007 (on 10-yr cycle)

Ilene
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 11:08 PM
ARE truly my pink sisters, not ATE (I must either be a sloppy typist or very hungry .... Need ice cream!)! 
Ilene
Cali
Bilat Mast 2/2006
6 Rnds Chemo (FAC)
Right lat dorsi 10/2006
Left lat dorsi 1/2007
EXCHANGE 4/23/2007!

Deb/akaMimi
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 11:18 PM
This feels like home, and while I am so full of joy to see all of you, I need to update my profile, and share some things with my sisters from the beginning...If anyone feels like talking/aka listening, let me know, cuz I really need a sister right now...in the meantime, I'm gonna go figure out or see if I can remember how to update my signature....God I love you all so much...

Ilene
Re:Komen reunion! - Friday, April 05, 2013 11:36 PM
Vent away, Deb. that is truly why we are here, to listen and support each other.
Ilene
Cali
Bilat Mast 2/2006
6 Rnds Chemo (FAC)
Right lat dorsi 10/2006
Left lat dorsi 1/2007
EXCHANGE 4/23/2007!

JoGrif316
  • Total Posts : 2263
  • Reward points : 10615
Re:Komen reunion! - Saturday, April 06, 2013 12:12 AM
It was 8 years ago in June that I found this board and posted a question about my upcoming biopsy. Everyone was so comforting and informative. I just can't imagine not coming here whenever I can to hopefully pay back the love I received. I have some very good friends now---that I've never met! Joyce
Portland, OR. DX: 6/09/05 IDC lb Age: 54 PR/HR+ Her- Lumpectomy/SNB 6/22/05 Nodes Neg! 33X Rads Comp 10/12/05 Tamoxifen: '05-'10 PT for lymphydema in breast '06 BRCA Neg 7/08! Tamoxifen induced uterine issues '07-'11 Total LA hysterectomy 12/11

Change Page: 123456 > | Showing page 1 of 6, messages 1 to 20 of 107