Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 My tips for chemo...
Change Page: << < ..1112131415161718 | Showing page 18 of 18, messages 171 to 179 of 179
catgirl095

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 1675
Re:My tips for chemo... - Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:27 PM
I was hoping for additional tips if anyone has any regarding fatigue.  I had my 5th chemo treatment last Thursday and my Nulasta shot on Friday.  Between Friday around 8:30 p.m. and Monday at 6:00 a.m. I slept between 40 and 50 hours.  I have not slept that much after any other treatment.  I called my oncologist and anytime I discuss side effects with him, he always says yes, you will have that.  Fatigue gets worse every time.  I don't know what to do.  Is there not anything that may help with the fatigue so I don't sleep for days?  And what really scares me is I live alone and when I am in this fatigue sleep, I do not hear anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I realize fatigue is a side effect, but two days of sleep?  Please share your experiences.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19213
  • Reward points : 12915
Re:My tips for chemo... - Wednesday, June 01, 2016 2:28 PM
Catgirl,

I'm sorry you're having this extreme fatigue, I had the same experience and it's your body's way of telling you to rest and heal in order to help you recover from these toxic drugs. I'm sorry but I found nothing to help except to take naps whenever I had to, just listen to your body for now and know this is helping and is all part of the healing process. 
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Nate jacob

• Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 260
Re:My tips for chemo... - Monday, August 15, 2016 9:02 PM
One thing that's helpful to know is that if you do have side effects, they won't necessarily afflict you throughout treatment. If you have infusions every two or three weeks, you might have side effects for, say, two or three days each cycle and feel O.K. the rest of the time.
ChloeMica

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 50
Re:My tips for chemo... - Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:06 PM

My tips for chemo
 Having chemo doesn’t always mean losing all the hair. If we’re willing to sit for hours with an ice-cold cap on our head we might be able to minimise our hair loss with cold-cap treatment, so ask the doctor if it’s an option. -argireline
PamelaR

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 1000
Re:My tips for chemo... - Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:40 PM
I had 4 rounds of T/C chemo -- the last one on November 2. I came through it pretty well with few side effects. Then had 15 rounds of radiation ending on December 13. My one complaint now is that my hair has not started growing back. I have quite a few stragglers that never fell out, but no new growth yet. My oncologist's nurse told me a couple weeks ago that it is extremely rare to never get your hair back (in almost 40 years she can count the number of times she's seen it on one hand). But, I'm starting to panic as I see all so many women that got their hair back so much sooner. Anyone have any reassurance for me? HELP!! Now that my treatment is over (other than starting anti-hormones in January) I feel like I can't start putting this behind me until I have hair. Also, I'll add one more tip to the great list everyone has been contributing to. After my first round I got mouth sores and when I talked to the oncologist's pharmacist about getting Miracle Mouthwash he told me to rinse my mouth with warm water and salt and baking soda every time I ate for a few days every time I ate. Worked like a charm and never had another sore.
o Invasive ductal carcinoma o dx 3-June-2016 o Estrogen/progesterone receptor - 100% o HER2/neu - 1+ Ki-67 Proliferation - 81% o HER2/Chr17 ration - 1.3 Grade 2 o Size 6mm o Lumpectomy July 11, 2016
PamelaR

Re:My tips for chemo... - Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:43 PM
Oh yes -- one more potential tip. I started Reiki therapy today. It's a non-invasive alternative healing therapy to help with pain, stress, anxiety, and fatigue. I feel pretty relaxed right now and am hoping it will help me get over the fatigue from chemo and radiation. Will report back.
o Invasive ductal carcinoma o dx 3-June-2016 o Estrogen/progesterone receptor - 100% o HER2/neu - 1+ Ki-67 Proliferation - 81% o HER2/Chr17 ration - 1.3 Grade 2 o Size 6mm o Lumpectomy July 11, 2016
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19213
  • Reward points : 12915
Re:My tips for chemo... - Wednesday, December 21, 2016 12:49 PM
Hi Pamela,

Congrats on finishing your tx, the hair grows back at different times for different people and I found my own was quite slow. I think it was about four months after chemo before I felt able to leave off my wig when going out but yours may grow back sooner than that. Its a little quiet here of late so you may not get many replies as most people have joined our private group on Facebook, here's the link if you'd like to join there for more support. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1588741974737166/
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
PamelaR

Re:My tips for chemo... - Thursday, December 22, 2016 10:19 AM
Thanks Tricia for your response. Fingers crossed that I start getting hair soon.
nikkiw1973

• Total Posts : 27
  • Reward points : 5640
Re:My tips for chemo... - Saturday, May 27, 2017 9:33 AM
Has been I while since I posted,but during that time, I started Taxol. I lost my hair after 3 cycles. Was getting it weekly but the fatigue was so bad and started getting neuropathy in my hands and feet so reduced it to every other week. Started it in July 2016. It stopped working and so I have Noreen taken off it as of May 2017. 
Change Page: << < ..1112131415161718 | Showing page 18 of 18, messages 171 to 179 of 179

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll