Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 post-surgery tips
Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 41 to 44 of 44
BillyGun

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 55
Re:post-surgery tips - Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:44 AM
I have REQ. A PVT.I think that is a mistake. When I returned to my reconstruction, I want to ask the doctor REQ. PVT. For me. Samsung Galaxy Tab E case Samsung Galaxy S6 cover
<message edited by BillyGun on Wednesday, August 26, 2015 8:47 PM>
rlanderson58

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 55
Re:post-surgery tips - Friday, August 26, 2016 4:16 PM
Dear Sharonma, I am just signing onto this website and it looks a bit dated in terms of postings. Is there a diff place to go for more updated communications? I saw you also recommended the Facebook group so I signed up over there. Diagnosed with ILC Stage 1/2 and LCIS. Having mastectomies Sept 2, and am very concerned about things I've been told about reconstruction. Guess I should introduce myself in that section. How do people know what all the acronyms and numbers are on the diagnosis?? I was also interested in your offer of drain holders.
Thanks so much! 
 Rebecca

Pm me with your name/address and I'll send you a "comfort pillow" for cushioning the seatbelt or for some extra support under your arm,  and drain pouches if you will need them
Sharon
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13405
Re:post-surgery tips - Saturday, August 27, 2016 2:00 PM
Hi Rebecca and welcome,

I'm sorry the site is so quiet right now but if you post on the facebook group you'll get lots of info and advice and support before your surgery as it's far busier than here.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
SarahP31

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 50
Re:post-surgery tips - Saturday, September 10, 2016 8:07 PM
I just joined and had my Mastectomy on Sept 1st, so about 9days ago. My one great thing to add is I got a soft microwavable comfort wrap  (from bed bath and beyond) it's an Earth  Theropeutics products. It helps so much with the muscles for relaxing them and it is great for in the car, protection with the seatbelt. Just be sure you do not overheat it, the numbness can be a bad thing sometimes. Also, for me sleeping on my side is necessary so I make a wall of small pillows and one on top to assistance with resting of my arm. Best feeling ever, just when you awake be sure to take it slow. 

Change Page: < 12345 | Showing page 5 of 5, messages 41 to 44 of 44

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message