Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..131132133134135 > | Showing page 131 of 135, messages 1301 to 1310 of 1341
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, May 23, 2014 6:57 PM
NN, glad you'll be watched more carefully from now on!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
sthollow

• Total Posts : 26
  • Reward points : 2075
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:14 AM
Hello ladies!  My name is Sarah and I am 32 years old.  I have recently been diagnosed (5/13/2014) with triple negative invasive ductal carcinoma.  My tumor is large 5.2 cm and has a high grade of 3.  I was scared to begin with but now that they have confirmed that it's triple negative I am even more worried.  Initially my receptors came back er-/pr+ and her2- from my breast biopsy so the re-ran the markers on a lymph node they removed and it showed the same but the pr was only 2% which my onc said wasn't enough to be a true positive so therefore Its a negative.  I have had chest scans, 2 CT scans and a bone scan and as of right now it's contained to my right breast and a few lymph nodes (4 for sure) it has not spread.  He said that triple negative either responds really well to chemo or not so well.  I pray that mine responds well and shrinks, shrinks, shrinks!!  I am on 4 rounds of AC to be followed by 12 rounds of Taxol along with 4 rounds of Carboplatin.  Then I will be having my right breast removed entirely as they feel it is beginning to affect my skin (a little thickening and a slight bit of discoloration right over the tumor location).  Following the surgery I will be having 5-8 weeks worth of daily radiation therapy.  Then I will be having an elective mastectomy on my left breast...with permanent reconstruction to follow.  I am waiting on the results of BRCA tests which should be done soon.  Even if the test comes back negative I am heavily leaning towards a full hysterectomy.  They can slice me and dice me as much as they need to which I think shocked them.  I guess they figured since I was so young I would want to take the conservative route but I want them to be just as aggressive with treatment as this cancer is being with my body.   I just wanted to reach out to women in my same situation for support and suggestions and stories...really anything anyone has to offer I would love to soak up.  I have been searching for blogs so if anyone knows of any pertaining to TNBC I would love to follow them.  I HATE googling info TNBC bc it's never very positive.  My oncology team at MD Anderson is very confident about my course of treatment but I have random moments of weakness when fear creeps in.  I have a 3 year old daughter and 3 month old son whom I want to watch grow up...that's usually when the tears begin to flow thinking about them.  Thank you to anyone who responds and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.  
Sarah XOXOXO 
Tricia Keegan

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 3:35 PM
Hi Sarah,

There are many long term survivors of triple neg cancer here and I'm sure they'll reply soon but feel free to pm any of the ladies as I'm sure they'll be happy to offer support and advice to you.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Nuzzys Nana

• Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 11, 2014 8:10 PM
I'm sorry you have to face this ordeal and especially at such a young age. I am a 9 year "prevailor" of TNBC. I have always been told, by professionals, that chemo works best on fast growing cells. I never heard the phrase "sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't". That can be said about any treatment for any illness. After two years I stopped worrying so much because I believed that by that time the beast would have reappeared if it was going to. Slower growing categories of bc can reappear after many, many years though.***********Lots of statistics regarding bc and other cancers are based on old studies and do not reflect new, updated treatments.
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History
sthollow

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2014 10:58 PM
Nuzzys Nana-

Thank you so much for your response.  It's wonderful to hear from someone who has "prevailed" as you have.  I will be having an ultrasound before my next AC treatment and I am anxious to see what's going on if anything...hopefully some shrinkage!!!  I am still awaiting my genetics results.  Thank you again for your encouraging words :)  Being on this message board has provided me with tons of info and connected me with wonderful women...it's been very uplifting in such and uncertain time in my life  ❤️❤️❤️
Nuzzys Nana

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:56 PM
Please keep us posted. We're all rooting for you.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History
sthollow

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, July 14, 2014 1:24 PM
Hello Ladies!!!  I just wanted to report some encouraging news.  I had an ultrasound this past Friday and my tumor has decreased in size by 95% after just 2 rounds of A/C.  The lymph nodes under my arm have regained benign appearance.  I had two enlarged lymph nodes in between my breasts in my sternum area that also shrunk...one 53% and one 79%.  My onc was very pleased with my results seeing as I still have 2 more rounds of A/C, Taxol x 12 and Carboplatin x 4.  I did get my genetics testing back and I tested negative for 5/6 mutations.  My BRCA2 came back inconclusive...figures.  I am focusing on the positive that chemo is working.  I just wanted to share since you have all been very supportive.  Hope you all are having a wonderful day!!

Sarah xoxo 
Tricia Keegan

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, July 14, 2014 1:43 PM
Thanks for updating us Sarah and I'm so happy for you that you've had such a good response to the drugs, well done and you'll soon be finished with all this at this rate.
Carepage- survivortricia
Nuzzys Nana

Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, July 14, 2014 8:57 PM
I'm glad to learn that you are doing so well. As for the genetic tests - I assume you were tested for BRCA1 also. I have never heard of a genetic test being "inconclusive". That is interesting. I had no idea that was a possibility.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History
karey

• Total Posts : 557
  • Reward points : 11690
Re: RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:24 AM
Hi Sarah, I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer in December 2007. I opted for a lumpectomy and also had dose dense chemo (4 rounds of AC and 4 round of taxol every two weeks) and radiation. I am six years post-treatment. Like you, I was hit with all the bad news about being a triple negative. My oncologist put it all into perspective for me. As was mentioned before,I learned that triple negatives can actually respond extremely well to chemotherapy and actually, two years post-treatment is a huge milestone for us rather than five years for our odds of having a recurrence drop dramatically. He also told me that the bad news was there were no drugs for me after I completed chemo and rads. Without missing a beat he told me that was also the good news for those drugs are not without side-effects which can sometimes be unpleasant and even serious.
Kathy
Diagnosed at age 47
DX: 12/13/07 IDC Stage IIa Grade 3 3.5 cm TN
Lumpectomy 1/30/08 SNB neg
Chemo-2/29/08: 4 A/C 4 Taxol-Done 6/6/08! NED!
33 Rads 7/7/08-8/20/08 Done!
12/10/09 Now Ruptured Brain Aneurysm Survivor!
Change Page: << < ..131132133134135 > | Showing page 131 of 135, messages 1301 to 1310 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll