Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 15 of 135, messages 141 to 150 of 1341
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 9:09 AM
Right back at ya, Sadie. You are such a sweetheart!

Penny, welcome to our triple negative group. You know, trip neg has gotten such a bad rap, in my opinion. And yet I know of so many women who've gone on to do very well after a trip neg diagnosis. I'm a case in point: I was diagnosed at age 37 and had 22 positive lymph nodes, and I'm coming up on my 59th birthday. I've lived one year for each positive lymph node!! Two of the things that I hear all the time are that triple negative tumors, as Sadie said, respond very well to chemo and that after a certain amount of time (help me ladies--is it five years?) the risk of recurrence in triple negatives falls much more dramatically than in hormone-positive women. So, Penny, hold on to all the positive thoughts and don't let the "reputation" of your diagnosis psych you out. Please come and check in here and let us know how you're doing. Sending a hug, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Coco

• Total Posts : 125
  • Reward points : 4950
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 9:22 AM
Penny,  I'm sorry.  I got so wrapped up in my own issues that I didn't take the time to welcome you to the ---group.  Rena is an inspiration to us all and I have renewed hope everytime I see a post from her.  Hang in there and good luck with your treatment.  Please keep us posted as to how you are getting along.
Claudette
Age 67
DX 10/8/07
10/29/07 LUMPECTOMY RT BREAST INVASIVE DUCTAL CARCINOMA
LYMPH NODES NEG Stage 1 Grade 3
Triple negative
4 cycles of Taxotere and Cytoxan Finished 1/29/08
35 Rads finished 4/11/08
Malvern, Pa
Rena

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 10:09 AM
Hi Claudette. I just saw your post about your aches and pains. Were you able to exercise throughout your treatments, or did you just start up again? It's been so long since my treatments that I don't remember how I felt in the months after I finished. But I wonder if you might just need to talk to a trainer at your gym to find out if you're doing something during your workouts that might be causing you pain. I hope you get it worked out (so to speak). I admire you for going to the gym every day!! Take care. Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 1:49 PM
Hi rena and everyone! The latest I heard from my onc was when triples make it to 2 years cancer free (I sutre hope my CLL doesn't count) their risk lowers significantly and then when we hit 5 years we are well below the recurrance percent for hormone positive cancers. I wish you all well. Blessings,Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 2:46 PM
Hi Coco,

I had a couple of thoughts.  When we have surgery we tend to protect the area that is tender.  This can cause us to carry our body differently, putting pressure or stress on parts of our body not used  to being used in  that way.  Also as we heal, nerve endings heal (which is good) but can cause you to feel pain again. 

When I finished chemo therapy I saw a physical therapist for a few sessions, mostly because my balance was off.  I found it was really helpful.  I had lost strength in my hips and hands during treatment.  The exercises helped me recover more quickly, at least I think so.  I also use the exercises whenever I feel a little weaker.

I hope can have a relaxing week.

Sadie

Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 2:53 PM
Hello Rena,

Thank you, You are a sweettheat too and always brighten my day.

Warmly,
Sadie
gypsysue

• Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 6:58 PM
I am a newly diganosed triple-negative, metaplastic, etc.,etc.     Have been on the web all  day trying to research what I have and this is the first encouraging info I have found.  It looks like the drs have decided for me to start chemo first.  I go to the onc tomorrow afternoon.     I am glad to have found some gals to help me sort through all this info......
Rena

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Monday, June 23, 2008 7:18 PM
Hi Sue. I'm so sorry about your diagnosis, but glad you found us. The women who contribute to this thread are all at different stages--from newly diagnosed to old-timers like me. There is a lot of hope, and we triple negatives tend to respond very well to chemo. I wish you all the best, and please come back and let us know how you're doing. Take care. Rena
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:17 AM
Hi Sue,

I hope your appointment went well and you have a plan now.  It helps to map out your journey. 

I just wanted to welcome you here too.  There is a lot of information shared on this site and a lots of experience too! 

Everyone here will answer any questions you might have and you can vent all you want.

Again Welcome

Warmly,
Sadie.

MaryLou

• Total Posts : 60
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:53 AM
Hello All,

I too am triple negative.  Have already had surgery and was lucky enough to be able to have Mamosite radiation.   This Friday will be my 5th out of 6 chemo treatments - hooray the end is in sight!  Hope you all are doing well.

Regards,
Mary Lou
Mary Lou, 51, Chesapeake Virginia
DX 1/8/08 IDC 1.9cm Grade 3
Triple Negative
Lumpectomy 2/11/08 Nodes -
Mamosite Radiation completed 2/22/08
6 rounds T + A/C completed 7/18/08
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 15 of 135, messages 141 to 150 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll