Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Triple Negative-How are you doing?
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 135, messages 71 to 80 of 1341
Coco

• Total Posts : 125
  • Reward points : 4950
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, February 01, 2008 11:20 AM
Jill,  thanks.  I'll let you know if the Rogaine does anything.
Claudette
Age 67
DX 10/8/07
10/29/07 LUMPECTOMY RT BREAST INVASIVE DUCTAL CARCINOMA
LYMPH NODES NEG Stage 1 Grade 3
Triple negative
4 cycles of Taxotere and Cytoxan Finished 1/29/08
35 Rads finished 4/11/08
Malvern, Pa
Sadie Rose

• Total Posts : 579
  • Reward points : 10345
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Friday, February 15, 2008 10:37 PM
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:50 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to check in with all our triple negative friends.  How is everyone doing?

Warmly,
Sadie
Coco

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, March 15, 2008 10:06 AM
Hi Sadie,  So far so good.  I've had 14 out of 35 rads and am going strong.  I go at 7am and then go to the gym.  I really think this helps with the tiredness.  I am usually ok until the weekend and then I just relax and catch up on sleep.  How are you.
Claudette
Age 67
DX 10/8/07
Triple negative
35 Rads finished 4/11/08
Malvern, Pa
Sadie Rose

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, March 15, 2008 10:29 AM
Hi Coco,
It’s so nice to hear you are just sailing through radiation. I went first thing in the morning too. The nurses played Mexican Hat Dance music every morning. They all had fun with their work.

I've been doing great. I'm working my full schedule. I go home mid day because my clients come in the morning and late afternoon to late evening. It works well for me because I get a little rest.

I've had more concern with a pulmonary embolism after I had surgery in October. I just had to do another CT scan and some genetic testing on Friday to see if I have a genetic predisposition towards forming blood clots. I have two veins that are collapsed so I am doing some breathing exercises. It doesn't really have much impact on what I do. I wouldn't even have known I had a problem except for the CT.
My daughter is carrying twin little girls and we are going to see her ultra sound today. They can make the picture 3D. You can see the babies yarn and move. It should be pretty exciting.

Have a great weekend.
Warmly,
Sadie
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, March 15, 2008 11:10 AM
Hi Sadie and Coco. I'm glad to hear you're both doing well. Coco, good for you for going to the gym after your treatment--can you email me some of that motivation?! Sadie, I hope your genetic tests come back OK. How great that you're going to be a "double grandma." That's so exciting! I'm doing well. I just passed my 21 and a half year anniversary (but who's counting?) and am so grateful for all these years I've had to watch my daughter grow up. She's 23 now. I hope that sometime in the next decade she'll meet a wonderful man and start her own family. Right now I'm trying to get cholesterol and blood sugar under control with diet and medication--one of the many side effects of getting older. Also trying to lose a few (or 20) pounds. I've been fairly busy with work--I'm a freelance copy editor, so the workload is unpredictable, sometimes swamped and sometimes nothing. I've also been painting my daughter's room (aka the guest room now that she's moved out) and re-caulking the bathtub. I like painting (except for the ceilings), so I'll probably find another room to paint when I finish the guest room. That's my exciting life! Take care. Love, Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Saturday, March 15, 2008 1:02 PM
Hi Sadie...Just checking in (as you requested)I am doing well. I'm approaching my second check-up mammo and ultra sound this coming week.It has been a bit over 6 months since the last check in. I am struggling some with my weight and am, I'm afraid,my own worst enemy. I also have been battling(though not aggressively) depression and all I seem to have time for is work and hibernating. My best to you and all the triples! Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Coco

RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:35 AM
Dear Rena and Gail,  I understand about the weight issue.  My best friend and I, whom I have known for almost 60 years(We met in third grade) decided last summer that we were getting a bit chunky.  We joined weight-watchers an each lost about 15lbs.  I think it is the easiest plan to follow.  It is all about portion control so you are not depriving yourself of anything.  I even have a glass of wine with dinner most nights. The other nice thing about weight watchers is that your are eating much heathier foods which can only be good with the cancer issue.  Check them out on the web and there are many convenient meeting places in most cities.
Good luck and get out there and take a walk.
Claudette
Age 67
DX 10/8/07
Triple negative
35 Rads finished 4/11/08
Malvern, Pa
Gail Srebnik

• Total Posts : 2565
  • Reward points : 10215
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, March 16, 2008 7:58 PM
Hi Claudette! Years ago I was a WW member and did very well with the plan.My problems now are not that I don't know what to eat but rather that my motivation is so low and I am doing no exercise at all. I keep trying to get going but depression stops me in my tracks. What's funny is that I let our area WW meet at my school! Thanks for posting though I think eventually something will help me off this spot. Blessings, Gail
dx 8/11/06- 58 yrs young
62! yrs young now
lumpectomy 8/22/06
triple negative!
Clinical trial -AC and taxol with Avastin
Chemo done 1/25/07
33 rads done 3/30/07
Now - leukemia! 4/7/2008 carepage-GailSrebnikMeade
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
RE: Triple Negative-How are you doing? - Sunday, March 16, 2008 8:37 PM
Hi Claudette and Gail. I, too, had success with WW some years ago. Right now I'm working on getting my blood sugar under control, so I'm on a special diet on which I have to avoid a lot of foods. I'm actually eating better than I ever have, and I feel good. My biggest problem is exercise. I have trouble getting motivated, but I'm working on it. Gail, I wish we lived near each other--maybe we could help each other get going. Thanks for the advice, Claudette. Take care. Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 135, messages 71 to 80 of 1341

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll