Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 11 of 136, messages 101 to 110 of 1351
lymphdema5

• Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 07, 2009 12:48 PM
Dawn,I am located in southern california I am glad you have your son and father their. To be honest with you I am not as experienced with triple neg breast cancer, so I will look into what i can find out about questions for your surgeon, i know their is women on this site experienced  with this breast cancer and soon more answers will come meanwhile i am sending you hope and honesty and don't forget to breathe! I am new here two days here is my email address mpwflowers@hotmail.com hopefully they allow this... take care 
dawnmarie

• Total Posts : 9
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:53 PM
thank you Marie :) I too am in Southern California....still breathing but can't stop the crying.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 07, 2009 2:43 PM
Hi Dawn,

Check out the triple neg forum here where the other triple neg ladies post and can advise and help you.
Also  http://www.tnbcfoundation.org/3simpleways.htm
While hormone treatment won't help you, triple negs have a far better response to chemo than us hormone pos ladies should you need it.  There's also some exciting trials ongoing right now for triple negs and you can see threads on this on the triple neg thread here I mentioned.
I'll look for the link to help you locate it but please remember this is treatable.  Our longest triple neg survivor here is a lady called Rena who was diagnosed 23 years ago with 22 positive lymph nodes so how's that for inspiring !!!!!

Here's the link to the triple neg forum which can be found under "Survviors of less common cancers", if you post on this page one of the ladies will answer:)
http://apps.komen.org/forums/tm.aspx?m=172412&mpage=101
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Saturday, November 07, 2009 2:47 PM>
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
dawnmarie

• Total Posts : 9
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 07, 2009 3:08 PM
Thank you Tricia :) I will go take a look at it now.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:21 PM
Bump for all the new ladies:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
maofnick

• Total Posts : 5
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, November 12, 2009 4:59 PM
Hi Rene,
           Thanks for your kind words. I have gotten a lot of support from the beautiful people here. After talking with the doctors, and moms home health aide, we decided too look into nursing home care for mom. They said that within the next few months she will need more care than I can provide. This was the hardest thing to do and it really sucks, but then again, what about bc doesnt suck?.  I just try too help her be strong and keep her chin up. I thank god mom still has her sense of humor, and I throw my own spin on the news of the day just too get her to laugh. She loves it!!!.  
            Thanks again for your thoughts. If there is anything for men out there who are co-survivors also could you let me know, my brother Frank is having a hard time with this also. 
 Thanks      
Chris   
maofnick

• Total Posts : 5
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:16 PM
Hi Jean,
            I agree wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. I have seen that panic and fear in moms eyes. She doesn't understand being hooked up too the oxygyn So when I asked her nurse what do I say when she asks, they said tell her the truth. So I told her she has breast and lung cancer. I will never ever forget the fear I saw in her eyes.  It took all I could do too comfort her. And with the alzeheimers this is a repetitive process. We decided last week too put mom in a home. Even though it sucks, we know she will get the best care.     
 Thank you for everything.

Chris
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, November 12, 2009 5:20 PM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry you had to make this decision but it's probably the best one for your Mom and all of you.
The only site I know of for men is "men against breastcancer" and if you google it , it should come up.  There are very few sites unfortunatly to help men in this situation but possibly someone knows of another one.
My best wishes to all of you. xx
Carepage- survivortricia
RKnoll

• Total Posts : 6
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:32 PM
Hello, all,

My name is Rich Knoll.  Breast cancer runs in my family and currently has my mother, my younger sister and my teenage neice in its crosshairs.  I have many friends who have been ravaged by this disease.  I know too many survivors, and too many who didn't make it.

I will sit on the sidelines no more.

I have worked out a plan to raise funds to help pay for the research, treatment, and education provided by the Susan G. Komen foundation.  I call on everyone out there to help me in this crusade.  IT WILL NOT TOUCH MY NEICE!

I shall disclose full details of my plan shortly and how you might help.  I wish to raise funds in the millions, but I cannot do it alone.

My name is Rich Knoll and today breast cancer has a relentless new enemy!
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, November 12, 2009 6:42 PM
Thanks for posting Rich and I I'm sure your niece will be okay with such a strong advocate at her back:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 11 of 136, messages 101 to 110 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll