Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..121122123124125126127128129130.. > | Showing page 129 of 136, messages 1281 to 1290 of 1351
jojomomcat

• Total Posts : 91
  • Reward points : 9495
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, September 29, 2015 8:26 PM
Hi Rena, a blast from the past. You were wonderful to me when I first sought support here years ago. So glad to still see familiar names in the advanced cancer threads.
I tried to steer a couple people here and couldn't find recent activity in the last couple years, so I thought it closed down. Stumbled here by accident, hope I can find my way back as I have a few cancer posse members who would love to have this available. 

You can get anywhere in life you choose, as long as you wear red high top shoes.

return trip, triple neg (by med terms only - triple positive in attitude), 17 nodes and gaining, clinical trial pro, and too darn mean to let it win (hence the nickname Mean Jolene)!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, September 30, 2015 12:48 PM
Jolene,

If you have them send me a friend request or search for Komen breast cancer group on Facebook I can add them straight away to our private group there, only members see the posts as it's a private group.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
eowynshieldmaiden

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 955
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, September 30, 2015 10:57 PM
Hi again! It's been a busy week, but with it has come some positive progress: my fourth and final bMRI attempt is booked for Tues 10/6, and I'm seeing my surgonc, radonc, and plasticsurg 10/14-10/15. I feel like this is progress.

I might should move this question to another category, but I'm curious what more experienced folks than me think of the NYT articles saying DCIS is waaaaay overtreated. Personally I'm not hugely convinced they're that reliable given their history with the Albany clusters disaster in Hodgkin's - their so-called news reporting, which was wild speculation, led to at least one - maybe more - suicide of a patient. :P My primary dr isn't impressed and is absolutely a believer that my DCIS needs to be removed by whatever means necessary, and the place I'm going is highly reputable and thinks so too. I'm quite inclined to agree. I'm curious what others have to say.

-Eowyn 
eowynshieldmaiden

• Total Posts : 13
  • Reward points : 955
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:03 PM
Hey, Tricia - 

Good to know! I did talk to my breast NP who got this all rolling, and she clarified. They did NOT check the Her-2 status b/c it was DCIS. Most DCIS is positive for Her-2, so I asked her why it isn't as common in invasive DC, and she had to look that up, but we learned that it's just that most DCIS which progresses to IDC doesn't overexpress Her-2 as much. It's weird but interesting. So unless they find evidence of invasion, they probably won't check mine for Her-2 since Herceptin wouldn't be used for DCIS. I'm all right with that.

Thanks,
Eowyn :)

PS - Weekend "vacation" was awesome!

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 01, 2015 3:01 AM
Thanks for clarifying Eowyn, glad you enjoyed your weekend break too and things are moving along now. I think I'd prefer to be over treated when it comes to cancer rather than not lol:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
cbassett57

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, October 10, 2015 6:30 AM
Hello! My name is Cindy and I am very new to this. I was diagnosed with triple neg breast cancer metaplastic which is spread to one lymphnode I am not familiar with the drs terms . I have not started chemo yet Im due to start on 10/21/15 needless to say I am very scared because generally I was very healthy, But they say its agressive so chemo every two wks for 4 cycles, then every week for 12 weeks then lumpectomy then more chemo/radiation I was happy to find this sight their running more tests before chemo to make sure it didnt spread anywhere else, at this point they say i am stage 3 which is scarey. Thanks for listening.
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, October 11, 2015 7:22 AM
Hi Cindy and welcome,

I know lots of members here that were stage 3 and had many nodes affected and they're still doing well years later so hope that helps to reassure you. Triple neg ladies get most benefit from the chemo too, I know its scary but just take one day at a time and check out the chemo forum for lots of tips and advice to help you through.  I found it was no picnic but do-able and theres usually a med to help counteract any side effects you may have. Good luck and keep us posted:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:01 PM
Hi Cindy. I was also triple negative, stage 3, with 22 positive nodes. That was 29 years ago. Treatments were different back then, so my chemo regimen was different than what you'll have. But as Tricia said, triple negative responds well to chemo, so even though it's no fun, it's well worth it. I know this is a hard time--waiting is really hard. Soon, you'll be able to start crossing those treatments off your calendar. I think if I were to give you advice, I would say make sure you don't feel that you can't ask questions or ask for what you want and need. Your oncologist should know about side effects that are really troubling you. These days, they have so many medications for dealing with side effects. I wish you well. Please keep us posted.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, October 11, 2015 5:05 PM
Hi Jojo! I'm sorry that it took me so long to see your message. It's great to hear from you! I love the photo of you and your honey! Ever since Facebook became so popular, these boards have been much more quiet. Tricia is always here, though, as are a few others--Tina, Nuzzy's Nana and a few others. I come and go, but I will try to come more often. I feel bad that women might come here and not find support. Take care!
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
placidway

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 50
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, October 20, 2015 12:12 AM
Hi I am Joel of PlacidWay. PlacidWay, a leader in the medical tourism industry, offers extensive information related to medical travel, international medical providers, foreign treatment packages, as well as global destinations for health travelers.
Change Page: << < ..121122123124125126127128129130.. > | Showing page 129 of 136, messages 1281 to 1290 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll