Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 136, messages 181 to 190 of 1351
nmb

• Total Posts : 663
  • Reward points : 3505
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:38 PM
Welcome Jamie!  This is the place to be for information and advice.

Carolyn, so sorry you had reoccurance.  Prayers are with you -- be strong!!
Nancy
DX 7/15/09, IDC at age 47
Tumor 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 cm
ER/PR +, HER-2 neg, Stage II, T2, N1 (3 of 9 positive)
Right Modified Radical Mastectomy w/expander 8/27/09 
BRCA1/2 Negative w/strong family history
4 Dose Dense A/C DONE 11/10/09!!! 
4 DD Taxol DONE 1/12/10!!!
28 Rads DONE 3/18/10!!! 
Ooph Feb, 2011
Prophylactic left mastectomy & reconstruct hoping 2011
Tamoxifin (a few months) and AI (5 yrs)
sabrina p

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, February 22, 2010 7:31 PM
Hi Im Sabrina and I was diagonsed in April 07.  I had been in for my yearly exam in Jan Dr. said everything looked good.  Three months later I couldn't sleep one night so I decided to do a self check.  I found a lump on my left breast kinda close to my under arm.  I went to work as like always and didn't tell my husband  i was kinda freaked out.  Got in that day to see dr.  He said I'm sure its nothing but I want you to see Lanette Smith she's the best breast dr in town.  I was diagonsed with stage 2 grade 3 breast cancer with main lymph positive I had 22 lymphs removed.  After the lumph was removed I had 4 months of the red devil and taxol which I am highly allergic to.  During this time my husband was not dealing with this very well.  After a long day at chemo he would take me home and he would go to the bar.  I kinda understood cause I couldn't think talk or do much but at the same time I really needed him.  We seperated in Sept of 07.  I moved out and bought my own house.  Life was good.  Oct 08 my my soon to be x and  I had filed our divorce papers thinking everything was ok I was out of the woods.  A PET showed that I had a mass on my right hip but he felt it could be controled with radiation and zometa. Aug 2009 I have a major headache dr thought brain cancer I had three spinal taps in one month to rule out brain cancer.  Headache is gone but now my arm hurts.  I go to regular dr he thinks arthritis I'm 33 kinda young for that but hey what do I know.  I go months with this really bad arm pain.  I call my dr and request a PET again cause my x and I are finally get a divorce im losing my ins.  The week after scan I feel really bad I cant hold food down and I sleep all the time and arm pain is not getting better  I go to er.  Drs run test and they tell me I have liver and spleen cancer.  I see my dr the next day he confirms er findings and also informs me that it has spread to my left hip and the pain that I have been having in my arm is also cancer.  Now I'm freaked out!!!! Dr says I will do chemo for the rest of my life and that I might get holidays which means no chemo for maybe a few months at a time.  I can handle doing chemo with all the premeds they give its not as bad this time but what really gets me is all the changes I have to make and things I have to give up.  I love the outdoors but i cant be in the sun for even 5 min cause i can get 3 degree burns just walking to my car or that I really have to watch my food intake cause most things make me sick Im so tired all the time.  I have 2 kids that are my world and I feel like they are getting short changed now cause I am so limited in what I can do.  I use to be very active but these days i seem to get tired real easy and want to rest.
sabrina p

• Total Posts : 7
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, February 22, 2010 7:33 PM
hello

vegas113

• Total Posts : 443
  • Reward points : 2180
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:42 PM
OMG - I'm so sorry to hear about this dang cancer spread!  You are a strong woman to face all of this - I'm hoping you have excellent doctors!!  I'm sorry I'm not an expert at this, but you have definitely come to the right place and I know women way smarter than me about all this stuff will be chiming in shortly!  Hang in there.... and NEVER give up hope!
Debbie P in Dayton, TX
Diagnosed Stage II, Grade 2
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma  Oct 2008
Mastectomy Nov 2008 (2 lymphs removed)
Cytoxin/Adriamycin 6 rounds started 12/08
    Final Chemo 4/2/09!  Femara started 4/16/09 for 5 years
Final reconstruction November 2009
February 14, 2011 Stage IV in bone liver and lung

nmb

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:29 PM
Hi Sabrina, sorry delay in response.  So so sorry with your dx.  We are here for you!
Nancy
Tumor 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 cm
28 Rads DONE 3/18/10!!! 
Ooph Feb, 2011
Turista Chef

• Total Posts : 4
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:10 PM
Hello. My name is Carmen Garcia. I'm the daughter of a breast cancer survivor. I never got the opportunity to meet my grandmother. She lost the battle to breast cancer before I was born. I joined this forum to show my support in honor for my grandmother and mother who has been a warrior and of great inspiration.
I'm a fit lifestyle coach, nutritional counselor, healthy (vegetarian chef), visionary, philanthropist and artist. I hope to make a difference in someone's life by sharing my knowledge in the importance of nutrition and exercise, as well as lending my endless support.
This year I plan to do the Race for the Cure in Los Angeles, my home town. I'd like to collect photos and document the oceans of emotion that sways each event with courage and bravery of these women. I hope to raise money and start a walkathon one day. If there is anyone that can send information on how to start a team or useful information, please e-mail me.

Turista Chef

• Total Posts : 4
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:27 PM
Hi Sabrina,

Thank you for sharing such a heart felt story. Your bravery and courage to write about your battle with a spreading cancer inspires me to reach out. I hope that you begin to heal and the cancer quits spreading once and for all in the near future. Never give up hope. I know what you mean about loving the outdoors and not being able to enjoy the sun. I'm not sure where you live, but if you live near the ocean, it would be therapeutic for you to take brief walks on the sand at sunset if it's not bothersome to your skin. It's a special time of day and meditating in front of the ocean is purely magical. I realize you are undergoing heavy chemotherapy and can't hold food down, but when my mother had breast cancer the only thing that made her feel "charged" and better was juicing every day with (antioxidant) fruits and vegetables. Let me know if I can make suggestions as to what super green and cancer fighting foods you can throw into the juicer. If you don't have a one, I recommend buying a high powered juicer. You are not alone. Be strong and brave. My prayers will be with you!
MLB

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 845
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:22 AM
Hi! I'm new to the site but unfortunately, not new to cancer.  In 2004, I was diagnosed with DCIS in the right breast; non-invasive, non-estrogen receptive, 2cm. tumor.  Had a lumpectomy and radiation.  On January 26th of this year, I had a modified radical mastectomy with total lymph node excision as I had 3 teeny tumors (all less than 1 cm. & Stage 1) that were invasive but not aggressive cancers.  Margins were clear, lymph nodes were also but the funny thing was that these tumors were almost in the same exact spot as the DCIS tumor of 2004!  My oncologist said that it isn't unusual that cancer returns in the same spot, however, it IS unusual that I had a totally different cancer!

I got a DIEP flap and my stomach tissue took but my previously radiated breast skin simply did not take to all the surgery.  In fact, because of the radioactive material to locate the sentinel node, my breast turned black.  2 weeks after surgery, my plastic surgeon removed some of that black skin and tried to suture me back up.  Unfortunately, the sutures didn't hold and now I'm facing a skin graft to cover my wound which looks like a piece of raw meat.  This graft will either come from my sides where the incision of the flap is or buttocks OR thigh. So here I am, trying to recover from an 11 hour surgery of one month ago and now I'll have to undergo yet another surgery.  I know,  I know...I shouldn't whine.
Marlene

2004: DCIS, non-invasive, -ER, lumpectomy & radiation, Stage 0
2009: Diagnosed with invasive +ER, 3 tumors less than 1 cm, Stage 1, clean nodes and margins; tamoxifen

nmb

Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:41 PM
Hi MLB,

Never think you are whining here!!!  That is surprising with 2 cancers so different.  Sounds so hard, what you are going through, but you WILL pull through it.  We are here for support all the way!

Nancy
Tumor 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 cm
28 Rads DONE 3/18/10!!! 
Ooph Feb, 2011
MLB

• Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 845
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, February 26, 2010 10:45 PM
Thank you so much for your kind words!  Fortunately, I have a lot of friends plus a husband and 2 daughters who are helping me get through this.  So, I see you were on Tamoxifen for awhile and now on AI?  Were you switched for a reason?

Marlene
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 136, messages 181 to 190 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll