Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 7 of 136, messages 61 to 70 of 1351
tatifl

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 01, 2009 2:46 PM
Hi.  I'm Tati (aka Lily Rose - see below) and I'm 38.  I was diagnosed with stage 2, grade 3 infiltrating ductal carcinoma with one positive lymph node 15 months ago.  I have since found out that I carry the BRCA2 gene mutation.  I am at the tail end of my cancer treatment, but just at the beginning of treating my new hypothyroidism - it seems if it's not one thing it's another.  I have been "tested" over and over again over the past year+ and constantly have more being put on my plate.

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month and because I needed to get my story out and vent a bit, I just started my first website about a week ago:  http://myjourneythroughbreastcancertreatment.com/

I have also been writing on HubPages for a couple of months now and have written several hubs (articles) there about my cancer journey and things I've learned, as well as my favorite online resources for hair loss, or just to get more information.  If you'd like to see all my hubs, you can go to my profile at :  http://hubpages.com/_lilyrose/profile/lily+rose

I look forward to being a part of this forum.
kk123

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 01, 2009 3:34 PM
Hi everyone,
My name is Kelly and was diagnosed with breast cancer June 3rd, 2009.  Diagnosis:
Her2nu
2 lymph nodes positive
estrogen positive
Treatment:
Lumpectomy, took out total of 15 lymphs
6 rounds of herceptin, taxotere and carboplatin (just had my 5th round yesterday :) Also continuing with the herceptin for a year.
then 6 weeks of radiation

I am a single mother of 3, ages 12, 10 and 4.  I am currently teaching pretty much full time.  I just wanted to join this community and connect with others going through a similar situation. 
Shirley Medgers

Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, October 06, 2009 2:47 PM
Hello, my name is Shirley Medgers and I was just diagnosed with breast cancer in my left breast yesterday. I am a 53 year old mother of three, a boy and 2 girls, and I found a lump in my breast 4 weeks ago. I had a lumpectomy done last week, and when my doctor called me with the results yesterday, I was shocked. I am an African American woman, and I'm told this disease is very common among AA women. I'm not sure what the statistices are, but it sounds like it is pretty high. I was told by a friend to visit this site to talk to some other breast cancer patients. I hope it helps. I live in a small town in Mississippi, and I don't know anyone else with this disease. I don't even know what questions to ask, so I hope you don't mind if I just look around and ask questions as they come up. I feel so lost right now, but as a Christian woman I know the Lord is with me, so I'm not alone. Thank you.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, October 07, 2009 7:22 AM
Hi Ladies and welcome,

Please feel free to start your own thread if you have any questions or concerns, this will ensure you all receive replies and will be seen by all as sometimes this thread goes un noticed.

There are forums on all aspects of breastcancer here so whatever your treatment I'm sure you'll all find many tips to help.
While the early weeks are very scary after this diagnosis, just take it one step at a time and you'll get through.
Remember this is treatable and beatable, and I hope you take confidence from the many survvior's posting here who are all happy to help with any questions you may have.
Most of all, we have a saying here that there is no such thing as a dumb question, we all learned the hard way and hope our combined experience's can help make it a little easier on other's:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Jean Southward

• Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 08, 2009 11:07 AM
Welcome everyone!  You will find that this is a great source of info and support.  We are here for each other and I hope you find the site as beneficial as I have!!
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 
kathy1

• Reward points : 1985
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, October 09, 2009 8:44 AM
hello i am new to this although i have never been diagnosed or neither has anyone in my family but i do donate to the cause and i wanted to tell everyone that they will be in my prayers.
ileyde111

• Total Posts : 3
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, October 09, 2009 9:25 AM
Hello all my name is Iley

I was diagnosed in May had my righ breast remove in July.  Had three rounds of chemo and it was rough.  Brother told me to get a second opinion about chemo since cells was 0.5cm to 1.2 and he was correct.  My new onocogist stated he felt I should be removed from chem and just take the herception given tamoxfen to take for 5 years.  What a relief I was sick for 20 days could not eat everything i eat was vomitting up.  Now the herception is a pice of cake.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, October 09, 2009 1:33 PM
Thank you Lorraine for your kind comments!

Hi Kathy,  glad you stopped by and thank you from all of us by supporting the search for a cure:)

Hi Iley,
I've had herceptin too and chemo etc....you may like to check out www.her2support.org for more info.

I hope you'll all check out the sound off forum which is busier, and get all the support you need here:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
WillowMother

• Total Posts : 111
  • Reward points : 4425
Never dreamed I'd be here... - Monday, October 12, 2009 7:01 AM
Hello,

I've already had so many questions answered from this site, thought it was time to introduce myself.
Im 46 wife & mother of two, early childhood educator.
BC diagnosis on September 2nd.  Rt. Breast Invasive Duct Carcinoma Stage III and High Grade Duct Carcinoma In Situ. ER+PR-HER2 3+  I have started Neoadjuvant treatment 12 wks Taxol/Herceptin, 4 treatments down 8 to go.  Then FEC & Herceptin x4 12 wks.  Surgery on or about 3/1/2010 followed by Radiation & Hormonal Therapy. Not what I thought I would be doing for the next year...

~Marilyn

Jean Southward

• Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Never dreamed I'd be here... - Monday, October 12, 2009 1:13 PM
Welcome!  Sorry about the diagnosis but you have come to the right place!!
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 7 of 136, messages 61 to 70 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll