Introduce Yourself

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 7 of 68, messages 121 to 140 of 1351
maofnick
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, November 16, 2009 3:33 PM
Hi Julie,
           Thank-you for your kindness. You in no way should feel bad. Your mom knew that you did everything that you could for her.  I am sorry for all that your family has gone through. It is so hard when our parents have one disease that masks another and then the doctors just won't listen too us caregivers when we see differences in their behavior or how they are feeling. If I hadn't rushed mom too the hospital in sept., we would have never found out about her breast, lung and skin cancer.  We have considered suing her doctor, but moms social worker says that malpractice is extremely hard too prove. Moms comfort comes first before anything. All the money in the world won't change that. And it certainly won't keep her with us longer.
          I am going too tell you something that I recently learned from some pretty smart ladies on this message board. Your mom knows you did everything you could for her because you loved her enough too be her caregiver. She treasured every moment that you spent with her. Every day you gave her was a gift.  

Take care
Chris

Pragmatic
  • Total Posts : 11
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, November 17, 2009 1:31 AM
Hello everybody.  I glad to be here, hope I can be of service.  My wife's Aunt passed from Colon cancer.  I hope everyone here get's better soon.

Peace be upon you
..."He who sows the good seed is the Son of man; the field is the world, and the good seed means the sons of the Kingdom; the weeds are the sons of the evil one, and the enemy who sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the close of the age, and the reapers are angels. Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age."

www.submission.org

JulieS
  • Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:24 PM
Thanks Chris, I know my Mom knew how much I love her.  I have learned to keep "complaining" till someone checks it out and I have answers I can live with. 
I hope you have found a wonderful caring place for your mom.....it can help so much to ease your mind.
Take care,
Julie S
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-

wolves23fan
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Reward points : 1540
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, November 19, 2009 5:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Hi my name is Kelly. I was diangosed at the age of 36 with Tubular cancer of the left breast. Stage 1 grade 1. My sister was also diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer this past April. This whole thing seems overwhelming some days.

Wendy
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Reward points : 480
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, November 19, 2009 6:20 PM
Hi Kelly....were you also diagnosed this year?  I'm so sorry about your sister too.  Where are you in the process?  I just had a lumpectomy 11-6 and am awaiting Onoctype results. 

I am adjusting.  I do my best to take it one bit at a time.  Nights are the worst when my mind starts to run wild.

I'm glad you found this board...everyone here has been very nice.

Wendy
DX: 10/09    Age: 40 
IDC 3 cm  Stage 2A  Grade 1
ER+ PR+ Her-    2 nodes negative
Lumpectomy 11-6-09
Oncotype Score:  9 (NO chemo!) 
33 Sessions of radiation started 12/28/09 
BRCA Negative
Tamoxifen to start 3/1/10

wolves23fan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 20, 2009 4:46 AM
Hi Wendy,

Yes I was just diagnosed on Oct. 28th. My tumor is very small and we caught it very early. The only problem now I have to decide on what surgery to have. I'm so scared if it comes back it will be like my sister's. She is so strong. She does agility every day with her dog and you wouldn't even know she's sick if she didn't lose her hair. I just want to stay in bed and am numb. I can't believe this happened to both of us in the same year. My poor mother.

Wendy
  • Total Posts : 71
  • Reward points : 480
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 20, 2009 9:10 AM
Hey Kelly...I know what you mean about staying in bed...felt that way this morning.  We are both so new at this so I'm sure that is normal!  I'm glad they caught yours early.  There are so many decisons to make.  Did you get tested for that BRCA gene?  I'm wondering if I should because I don't know much about my biological father's side.

How is your mom doing?  I'm trying to get mine to read and research this disease...to see that people survive this and there are so many new treatments out there.

Wendy

DX: 10/09    Age: 40 
IDC 3 cm  Stage 2A  Grade 1
ER+ PR+ Her-    2 nodes negative
Lumpectomy 11-6-09
Oncotype Score:  9 (NO chemo!) 
33 Sessions of radiation started 12/28/09 
BRCA Negative
Tamoxifen to start 3/1/10

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 20, 2009 2:42 PM
Hi Kelly and all the other ladies who recently joined us here:)

You may like to scroll through the other forums to give you tips on surgery, recon or different types of treatement.:)
If you have a question maybe post it on the sound off board or here and someone will be quick to reply and help.

Kelly, your sister sounds like she has a fantastic attitude, we also have a forum for stage iv cancer here too.
Good luck to all you ladies and remember we're all here for you through this.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

wolves23fan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 20, 2009 6:17 PM
Wendy,

I suggest the genetic testing. Especially if you don't know about the otherside of the family. I had the testing done. It  came back negative. Trust me even the genetic counselor was surprised at that one. They want me to make a choice on my surgery within two weeks. No idea what is the right thing here.

wolves23fan
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 20, 2009 6:19 PM
Thank you Tricia - I will try the sound off board. Thanks for the suggestion and letting us know there are people we can talk too.

jojomomcat
  • Total Posts : 91
  • Reward points : 9495
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, November 20, 2009 10:53 PM
Okay - gonna be a bit of a dork here until I learn my way around this one. Haven't hung out at a forum since my horticulture days - and boy have times changed!
Doing my second time around with the canser (intentional misspell and no caps, 'cause it's not going to be that important in my life).
Just want to share my hope and love with you all. We are WOMAN (boobs or no boobs!) hear us roar. I was the poster child for clinical trials first go-round - 3 tumors, 17 nodes. Did 7 months of chemo, 7 weeks of radiation. Worked, went to school & ran my own business on the side the whole time. This diagnosis is metastastic - in my neck and back with an added benign cyst in my pituitary for added intrigue. Never say never and never give up!
Irony? I donated artwork/design for a Koman affiliate for a couple years before I was diagnosed myself. Who says there is no sense of humor in life?
I am a graphic artist, mother of 4 adult children and 2 spoiled rotten cats. I hope to have hair for my baby boy's wedding. He is taking waltz lessons for our dance. Is life cool or what?

Rena
  • Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:12 AM
Hi jojo! Well, if you're a dork, I am queen of the dorks, so welcome! What can I say? I'm sorry you're having to fight the beast again. What a rich, full life you have, and it shows in your words. Even if you have to go to your baby boy's wedding bald, it will be a wonderful celebration, but I hope you get your wish. I just want to wish you the very best. I'm glad you came here and hope to see you again. Rena
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!

jojomomcat
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:16 AM
Thanks! Hope to inspire as others have inspired me.
You can get anywhere in life you choose, as long as you wear red high top shoes.

return trip, triple neg (by med terms only - triple positive in attitude), 17 nodes and gaining, clinical trial pro, and too darn mean to let it win (hence the nickname Mean Jolene)!

everydaysagift
  • Total Posts : 192
  • Reward points : 1625
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:40 PM
hello jolene,

I'm sorry you're on a 2nd journey down this road.  Once is really more than enough.  I like your spirit and Yes, life is very cool.......

I'm a rookie here, myself.  A yr ago, LCIS was removed from R breast. Recent surgery Oct. 15th turned up a high grade, .8cm, DCIS tumor w/only 3 clear margins.  Tamoxafin, etc. not an option due to med. hist.  Not what I'd choose for a holiday activity, but my bilateral mastectomy is set for December 18th. 

Oh well, it is, what it is...... and really the best choice for me, given my high risk. 

Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing.  Wishing you well......
keep the faith and take care.........Diane

<message edited by everydaysagift on Friday, November 27, 2009 9:43 PM>

cureme2
  • Total Posts : 11
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:49 PM
good luck to you Diane-I know how it is.

Renate in Colorado

everydaysagift
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:55 PM
Hey Rena,

You're an inspiration to us all........love the kitty.  I have an ancient calico who still manages to get into mischief........never hopped up on the table or counters in all these years, now all bets are off......recently I left the kitchen & returned shortly, only to find her eating spaghetti out of a large pot on the stove.

Glad to know you're still stopping by to share your wisdom.  Take care and.....
.............have a happy..............Diane

everydaysagift
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 21, 2009 11:00 PM
Thanks Renate in Colorado......I appreciate all the good thoughts and great karma sent my way.......wishing you well, too.......Diane

jojomomcat
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, November 21, 2009 11:06 PM
Diane - hang in there. I have talked to several survivors who opted for even the double mastectomy and later said it was best thing they ever did. I just had the lumpectomy first go round and it really blew my plans of getting both a breast job and a tummy tuck (I would have opted for a tram flap reconstruction) at the same time! So now I just have a "Frankenboob", sigh...
So sit back, relax and let them cut all the nasties away. Have your family spoil you - you certainly deserve it. And think of the surgery as the ultimate Christmas gift - the gift of a long happy life. If that doesn't work, there's always pain pills and a dvd of White Christmas.
I will have you in my thoughts and prayers on the 17th (anxiety day), the 18th and the month following for your recovery.
What a great place here. You all are wonderful people.
You can get anywhere in life you choose, as long as you wear red high top shoes.

return trip, triple neg (by med terms only - triple positive in attitude), 17 nodes and gaining, clinical trial pro, and too darn mean to let it win (hence the nickname Mean Jolene)!

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, November 23, 2009 6:43 PM
Jojo,

Welcome and love the attitude girl lol...

I'm even dorkier than Rena and have six kittys who are the love of my life (but don't tell hubby) and helped me through all this shit!
I hope you and all the ladies here will post on the sound off forum where we all tend to hang out but we also have a stage iv forum for anyone with mets that wants to have a moan and groan about treatments etc.....or life in general cancer or otherwise:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

nmb
  • Total Posts : 663
  • Reward points : 3505
Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, November 23, 2009 6:49 PM
Jolene, you are FUN.  Love the self portait - so appropriate.  You've been feeding us advice but what's your treatment plan now?  It sucks you need to go through this again and certainly hope your waltz will be with hair!  Though... even without hair bet you will be gorgeous and enjoy it.
Nancy
DX 7/15/09, IDC at age 47
Tumor 3.5 x 2.5 x 3 cm
ER/PR +, HER-2 neg, Stage II, T2, N1 (3 of 9 positive)
Right Modified Radical Mastectomy w/expander 8/27/09 
BRCA1/2 Negative w/strong family history
4 Dose Dense A/C DONE 11/10/09!!! 
4 DD Taxol DONE 1/12/10!!!
28 Rads DONE 3/18/10!!! 
Ooph Feb, 2011
Prophylactic left mastectomy & reconstruct hoping 2011
Tamoxifin (a few months) and AI (5 yrs)

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 7 of 68, messages 121 to 140 of 1351