Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 136, messages 71 to 80 of 1351
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Never dreamed I'd be here... - Monday, October 12, 2009 1:57 PM
Hi Marilyn!

I also did the whole herceptin year and a similar treatment regime to you.  I'm now over four years out and can't believe I really did it!!
have you checked out www.her2support.org ???   It has all the latest news for us her 2 er's plus some helpful people to advise.   Good luck with the rest of your treatments and if you have any questions feel free to post or pm me!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
WillowMother

• Total Posts : 111
  • Reward points : 4425
Re:Never dreamed I'd be here... - Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:14 PM
Thank You Tricia,
I will check out the her2 support site.  Congratulations on four years out! 

~Willow 49         
9/3/09 IDC Stage III 6cm. Nodes Positive ER+PR- HERs2 +
24wks Taxol/Herceptin/FEC                 
3/2010 Surgery Lumpectomy & Node dissection          
Rads x33  & Herceptin
11/15/12 Local Recurrence/Unilateral Mastectomy
DCIS & IDC HER2+
12/19/12 Beginning Navelbine & Herceptin      

MelissaAnn0389

• Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, October 16, 2009 7:55 PM
Hi everybody. My name is Melissa and I'm 20 years old. I'm not diagnosed with breast cancer but I wanted to let you all know that you are so brave and strong, having to cope with this.
I am a big supporter of this cause. I even decided to get a tattoo of the word "Hope" with the breast cancer symbol on my shoulder, which I'm getting real soon. You guys are in my prayers and thoughts! Be brave as you have been from the very start! You are my heroes!!
TBCR

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, October 16, 2009 11:25 PM
I am new to the site and do not know how to post a question.  I am having some uncommon (at least I think they are) symptoms and I wanted to ask if other have had the same symptoms.  I have had a clear mamogram, but I still feel as though something is not right.  Can you help me figure out how to post this?

Thanks.

Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, October 17, 2009 10:49 AM
Hi TBCR,

This link has info that may help you http://apps.komen.org/forums/tt.aspx?forumid=3

Go to the sound forum as it's busier than here, near the top on the left side you'll see an oblong shaped box with "Post a new thread" so click on this.  The enxt step is to have a subject line and type your message, when finished just click on the post button.  The link will explain better than I could I think and hope you get reassurance. If you still have problems reply to me here as you did before and I'll try to help more:)

Thank you MelissaAnn!!!!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
marlenet

• Total Posts : 24
  • Reward points : 2815
Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:43 AM
Hi,
My name is Marlene. I found out Nov.14,2008.  I had IDC.  (0.6cm) ER,PR + HER -, had CT scan and MRI,  Has surgery, removel of cancer and one node,( neg ) clear margins!  had the oncytype test done with a score of 25 ( 16% ) decided to do chemo, had 4 rounds of t & c. next was  33 rads and now tamoxifen.  Was told by having chemo i reduced the chances to between 4 and 6%.  Soon will have my 1 year check-up and praying for NED.  Almost cried with joy when I had my 6 month check and was told NED!
Tricia Keegan

Re:Introduce Yourself - Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:28 AM
Marlenet,

Glad you joined us and hoping you get that all clear and can celebrate your first year out!!!
Congratulations in advance:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Kimo

• Total Posts : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 29, 2009 1:43 PM
Hello, I'm Kimo and this site has me completely frustrated. Tell me how to respond to posts, to cruise the forums. Today is just a weepy day for me, and I guess my chemo-brain can't get anything right. I'll be seeing the doctor tomorrow, and may find out that the third chemo is failing. I think a little conversation might be a good thing. I read bearz? and her story of surviving 11 years encouraged me greatly. I keep feeling everything , like Christmas may be the last. Sorry, I'm just in a bit of a hole today. I'm really okay with everything, there just seem to be days, you know? and struggling with this site made me nuts! Thanks for this idea!
RP66

• Total Posts : 1701
  • Reward points : 1580
Re:Introduce Yourself - Thursday, October 29, 2009 2:26 PM
Hi Kimo,
Glad you found us but sorry you're having a hard time finding your way around here.  You just click on a topic and then on the subject, the last page is where the last post is.  So if a topic like sunbearz 2 on living with advanced cancer you can go to the last page for the latest update.  I hope I haven't confused you more than you were before, I have that effect on people!!
Sound Off has a lot of action on there if your looking for people to talk to.  This site has a lot of wonderful women on here that can give you support.
From reading your post, it sounds like you have been through a few rounds of chemo already.  I hope you come back here and get to know us!!
Rene'~OH
dx 10/06 @ 40 yrs old
stage IIIa/grade3, 7/10nodes+
er/pr+,her2+
a/c/t&herceptin
rbrst mast/hyst 3/07
33rads 6/07 Tried the AI's for 18 months & switched to Tamoxifen~much better for me! 
Bilateral Tram-flap 4/08 Revision-left 7/08 
New surgeon revisions: 5/09-8/09-8/10  
Dec 2010  Finally finished! 
cp:RenePetrovich
Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, October 30, 2009 1:38 PM
Hi Kimo,

Please join us in SOUND OFF. As RP said, it is a great avenue to ask basic questions and get tons of support. Also some nice off topic from time to time.
Please let us know how your appointment goes today. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 8 of 136, messages 71 to 80 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll