Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Introduce Yourself
Change Page: << < ..919293949596979899100.. > | Showing page 99 of 136, messages 981 to 990 of 1351
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:19 PM
Hi Justine, I'm so very sorry about your diagnosis and hope you have a good response to this chemo, I had Taxol too but haven't heard of your trial drug. I know you have lots to fight for in Kayla and I wish you well and hope you'll keep us posted on your progress.:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Linda_Lee

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 55
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:04 PM
I am 47 was told a few weeks ago I have stage IV Breast cancer. I haven't started any treatment yet. Still waiting for the first available appointment with a surgeon and an oncologist on July 5th. I had had a mammogram in March which showed no sign of breast cancer. I was even in the hospital that same month for Hemoglobin level of 6.9 and received blood transfusions. Now after an MRI and a biopsy, earlier this month, I had to tell my three children who just lost their aunt (no blood relation)3 years ago to the same type of cancer.
Dennine

• Reward points : 10405
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:21 AM
<message edited by Dennine on Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:24 AM>
Dennine -2006 (age 31) BC ER+ 3 tumors in rt breast -mastectomy of rt side/10 of 12 lymph nodes removed positive for cancer -6 rounds of ACT/ 31 days radiation -2007 complete hysterectomy (precaution) -2007 left side removed (precaution) & reconstruction done -Several hormone therapies followed over the years -March 2012 new spots appear near trachea and rt bronchial tube / bronchoscopy positive as BC return -Faslodex injections till Nov and then switched to Xeloda to present - CA 21/27 numbers
Dennine

• Reward points : 10405
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:26 AM
Sorry Linda...my advice to you is take things one day at a time...sometimes moment by moment. It's all too much at once if you try and take it in that way. Praying for peace for you and your family
Dennine -2006 (age 31) BC ER+ 3 tumors in rt breast -mastectomy of rt side/10 of 12 lymph nodes removed positive for cancer -6 rounds of ACT/ 31 days radiation -2007 complete hysterectomy (precaution) -2007 left side removed (precaution) & reconstruction done -Several hormone therapies followed over the years -March 2012 new spots appear near trachea and rt bronchial tube / bronchoscopy positive as BC return -Faslodex injections till Nov and then switched to Xeloda to present - CA 21/27 numbers
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:Introduce Yourself - Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:30 AM
Hi Linda and I replied more to you on the stage iv forum where you posted.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Phoenix

• Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 875
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 05, 2013 9:07 PM
Hi Ladies,

I have not yet received a positive diagnosis of breast cancer but needed support.  I am in the "waiting" stage and am TERRIFIED!  I felt a lump in my right breast June 20, 2013.  A week later, June 27th, I went to my regular doctor to have it checked out and to have a well women's checkup.  She confirmed that there was a suspicious lump (she guessed it was about 1 cm) and reccommended a mammogram.  The next day (6-28-13) I had a mammogram and an ultrasound.  Doctor confirmed that the lump was 1.9 cm and was cause for concern (blurred edges, blood running through it, not solid).  Recommended a biopsy.  Went to surgeon and had consultation 7-1-13, core biopsy 7-3-13.  At the consultation, he said there was at least a 60% chance it was BC.  (By the way, biopsy was excruciating.  Couldn't stop my bleeding and had to press down hard on my breast for about 10 min to clot blood AFTER they had done biopsy...ugh).  Also did biopsy of lymph nodes because they were enlarged.  So now I have to wait until Monday to find out the results.  Like many of the women on this site it is sooooooo hard waiting and not knowing!  I'm extra worried because my MOTHER had BC so I've always been high risk.  She had a Halstead Radical Mastectomy 41 years ago...still alive and well.  Feel like I've lived my entire life just waiting for the other shoe to drop.  Also terrified because I have no local support network.  No husband, fiancée, boyfriend, siblings, parents, etc.  I'm a single mom raising three children (ages 15, 12, and 9) and a teacher living paycheck to paycheck.  Not to mention, I've heard the stats are less positive for African-American women...which I am.  Right now I am consumed with concern!  Needing some virtual hugs and words of encouragement.  Have read many posts and am inspired.

Thanks in advance,

Cheryl
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Introduce Yourself - Friday, July 05, 2013 9:57 PM
Hi Cheryl. I'm really sorry that this will be short but my hand is in a cast and typing is hard. I couldn't read your post and not reply though. First, I'm sending lots of virtual hugs and encouragement. You are not alone! I am hoping that the news will be better than you expect. The waiting is very hard, and if it is cancer, it actually gets a little easier when you have a treatment plan in place. I had an aggressive type of cancer, and, like your mother, I'm a long-term survivor--27 years in September. Do you have someone--a relative or friend--who could come stay with you for a while, just until you get your bearings? Also, don't be shy about reaching out to other women. Almost every hospital has support groups. I wish you all the best. For more support, check out the other forums here, such as the "waiting room" thread on the Sound Off Forum. Sending you a huge hug. Pals
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Introduce Yourself - Saturday, July 06, 2013 12:03 AM
Cheryl-

I'm sorry that your are going through this alone but know that we are here for you.  No one will disagree with you that the waiting is the hardest and scariest part.  It is hard not to think the worse while waiting.  Let your mother help you through this if she is able.  It helps to talk to others who are going through what you are going through or who have been where you are now.  

I am wishing you good luck with your results and if they are not good, please feel free to reach out to us.  We will try to help you as much as we can.  Here is a hug from me Pals and a shoulder if needed.

Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Phoenix

Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, July 08, 2013 2:34 AM
Rena

Hi Cheryl. I'm really sorry that this will be short but my hand is in a cast and typing is hard. I couldn't read your post and not reply though. First, I'm sending lots of virtual hugs and encouragement. You are not alone! I am hoping that the news will be better than you expect. The waiting is very hard, and if it is cancer, it actually gets a little easier when you have a treatment plan in place. I had an aggressive type of cancer, and, like your mother, I'm a long-term survivor--27 years in September. Do you have someone--a relative or friend--who could come stay with you for a while, just until you get your bearings? Also, don't be shy about reaching out to other women. Almost every hospital has support groups. I wish you all the best. For more support, check out the other forums here, such as the "waiting room" thread on the Sound Off Forum. Sending you a huge hug. Pals

Hi Rena, I am so thankful for your encouragement!  You won't believe me but it took me a while to navigate the site to locate my post and your response!   Ugh!  Anyway, it's 3 am.  Just wanted to say thank you!  I have my appt with my doc tomorrow to find out results of biopsy.  I'll keep you posted!
Phoenix

Re:Introduce Yourself - Monday, July 08, 2013 2:38 AM
scootersmom

Cheryl-

I'm sorry that your are going through this alone but know that we are here for you.  No one will disagree with you that the waiting is the hardest and scariest part.  It is hard not to think the worse while waiting.  Let your mother help you through this if she is able.  It helps to talk to others who are going through what you are going through or who have been where you are now.  

I am wishing you good luck with your results and if they are not good, please feel free to reach out to us.  We will try to help you as much as we can.  Here is a hug from me Pals and a shoulder if needed.

Hi Scootersmom,

It's so nice to hear your kind words!  Thank you!  Like I told Rena, it took me a while to navigate back to where I had posted!  But glad I figured it out.  Will update you on results from biopsy.  Thanks for your hug.  Might need your shoulder, too!

Change Page: << < ..919293949596979899100.. > | Showing page 99 of 136, messages 981 to 990 of 1351

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll