Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Survivor movie
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 11 to 20 of 43
bnells

• Total Posts : 50
  • Reward points : 3590
Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Wednesday, November 25, 2009 7:18 AM
Pookie, I had my bi--lat with expanders April 14th, 09... started the first "fill up" about 4 weeks later... he put a little bit of something in before the fill to "deaden" the area... but the area is already pretty much numb so there was very little discomfort... I felt pressure mostly... he put in about 50cc each time... the needle itself did not hurt ...I just felt heavy pressure and as Vegas said I also had a little discomfort the last 2 times not due to the needle and the procedure in the office but from the muscle stretching...not enough pain for meds though.... this was my timetable and he was not pushing...it just was how smoothly it all went...
April 14..bi-lat
July 8  exchange for silacone implants....no big deal at ALL...however, he would not allow me to go back to until a week and a half after... just to make sure everything was healed...and to make sure I took it easy..he is VERY strict like that...
Sept 9  nipple flaps...30 minutes tops..nothing to it...
Nov 8  Tattoos...oddly enough I actually felt some mild pain with this... maybe some of my nerves have reconnected by now...
And I am DONE!...My PS is awesome and wonderful!
I go back in Feb for him to see if he needs to touch up the tats but I think so far they look great...

Now, bear in mind, my dx was DCIS so I didn't have rads or chemo...and  had very little  swelling or pain from the mast...everything went very smoothly...

Hope all goes well for you...it is such a new and different experience, all of this reconstruction stuff.....so being scared /apprehensive is so normal.....Good luck....

Bobbie

JulieS

• Total Posts : 4392
  • Reward points : 5475
Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Sunday, November 29, 2009 12:54 PM
bumping up so others can watch the video
Bothell, WA
dx 5/07 IDC
lumpectomy 6/14/07 1.5cm
er/pr + Nodes negative
finished rads 9/13
Tamoxfen 9/07- 8/09
Arimidex 8/09-
Pat Patterson

• Total Posts : 3693
  • Reward points : 8085
Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Monday, November 30, 2009 2:43 PM
Jean - thinking of you and your tests...hope all goes well for you!!!!!!

HUGS, Pat
DX 5/13/08 Clearwater, FL HER2 +
IDC Stage IIIA changed 12/2/08 to IIB Grade 3
Taxotere, Carbo & Herceptin  6/11/08
Part Mas 11/5/08 SNB neg & addl node neg - CLEAN MARGINS!
Arimidex 11/25/08  35 Rads 12/15/08
mmworley1

• Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Friday, January 08, 2010 10:52 AM
This is great. I was diagnosed 2 months ago and this is so wonderful and gave me hope for today. Something I struggle with each new day.
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Friday, January 08, 2010 6:56 PM
Hi Mmworley,

Glad you liked it, I still look at it after four and a half years and still find it inspirational:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
jbdog

• Total Posts : 100
  • Reward points : 385
Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Saturday, February 06, 2010 11:36 AM
awesome!
11/6/09 Dx IDC
11/24/09 Lumpectomy, Sentinel node
Stage 1, Grade 1, 1.6 cm, ER/PR+, Her-, Node neg (2) 
Oncotype 16, 12/22/09
Rads to start Jan 20 2010 -
Rads DONE March 5 2010!
Tamox 5 yrs, start March 24, 2010
BRCA neg
age 44 at dx
So WI
GoldStar

• Total Posts : 2
Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Thursday, April 01, 2010 7:56 AM
 i think i need help on this site. its kind of weird. see if it works.
 i am almost 32(sat). have a 6yr old daughter and 2 yr old son. was diagnosed the 22nd of march. opted for a mastectomy when i seen oncologist yesterday. meet with surgeon today at 2:20. first i have that blood test to check DNA.
 i am having a lot of emotional overload right now. i was told yesterday that i will definately live. it hasn't spread according to CAT scan. don't know about my lymph nodes yet. but after i was told that i didn't know how to feel. does that make sense anyone? i have been so worried for so long that i didn't know how to feel after the 'new high' wore down.
 anyway, i washed my husbands phone in his pocket this morning and it's ruined-little thing compared to this, i know-but it was the last straw. i am sooo tired of the drama this disease causes. i like quiet.
 well i won't write anymore for now in case this don't post right. thanks to anyone who reads this!
 and God bless you all
Tricia Keegan

Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Thursday, April 01, 2010 1:22 PM
Hi Gold star and welcome,

I know more people will see your post and reply to you if you post it on a new thread or on the "Introduce yourself" thread:)

It's perfectly normal to feel as overwhelmed and emotional as you are right now, in the early weeks and sometimes beyond!    I know you'll get lets of support here and info should you need it and make many friends.
There are many long term survivors here doing great so please take courage from that.  It's great news there's no spread and while it's better of course if the lymph nodes are clear it's still early stage breastcancer and most of us get over it fine in time.
For now take it one day at a time and just focus on getting through it, be kind to yourself and accept you've had a life altering and extremely stressful shock wiht this diagnosis but little by little you' will feel better and it gets easier:)
There are a few ladies around your own age on the surgery/recon forum and also on the chemo forum so check that out.  I hope you'll keep us posted and fingers crossed for clear nodes for you!  xx
Just know you're not alone, and we are all here to help you though this. 
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
lrooney

• Total Posts : 1
Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Friday, April 09, 2010 10:18 PM
I wrote this poem in honor of my aunt, I thought it might bring hope to everyone touched by Breast Cancer
Best Wishes, remain strong, Liz

http://www.myheartspoken.com/poetry_gift_FP111.html
Tricia Keegan

Re:Newly diagnosed may like this - Saturday, April 10, 2010 7:26 PM
It's a beautiful poem and dedication to your Aunt.
Thank you for sharing it:)
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 11 to 20 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages