New Message Board Game Ideas!

Komen Admin
  • Total Posts : 892
  • Reward points : 13455
New Message Board Game Ideas! - Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:58 PM
Here are some popular message board games that you can try. To begin, read the directions below for the game you would like to start. Start a new thread with the title of one of the games below you choose (such as "Rhyme Time") to ensure everyone knows the game you are playing. Be sure to post the directions in the first message so everyone knows the objective, then have fun! You can also come up with variations of the games below by using your imagination. Always be sure to post the directions if you are the creator of the post.  Enjoy!...Komen Admin
=====================================

Rhyme Time

This game is extremely easy and is extremely fun. Simply post the instructions along with one word. Try to choose a word that isn’t too unusual, because the next four people will choose words that rhyme with your word. The fifth person will rhyme with your word, and they will choose a new word to start over again.

ABC Animals

The object of this game is to start with the letter “A” and post the name of an animal that begins with the letter “A.” The next person posting on the message board should post an animal that starts with the letter “B.” For example, start this game by posting the word “ape.” The next person might choose the word “buffalo.” Use your imagination!

Message Board Go Fish

Remember playing the card game, “Go Fish,” when you were a kid? This game is a great way to get to know new people on the message boards, and it’s extremely entertaining. Start by asking a simple question that requires a definite yes or no answer. For example, ask the question, “Do you like fish?” If the next person likes fish, he or she answers by saying yes, and the person that answers asks a new question. If the person answering doesn’t like fish, they reply with the phrase “go fish.” Another person chooses to answer by saying “yes” and posting a new question or they forfeit by saying “go fish.” The question is then passed on to someone else.

What’s in Your Pantry?

This game is simple, but it’s a fun way to find out what other people keep in their pantry. Start by posting something from your pantry that starts with the letter “A.” The next person posts something in their pantry that starts with the letter “B,” and so on. For example, you could start with the word “applesauce,” and the next person might post the word “bread.”

Movie ABC's

If you like movies try this one out. Simply start with the letter “A,” and post the title of one of your favorite movies. The next player posts his/her favorite movie title beginning with a letter “B.” For instance, post the title “Apocalypse Now.” The next player could post the movie title “Battlefield Earth.” This is a great way to learn even more about your message boards friends.

Build a Story

The objective of this game is to simply create a story by each person adding three new words. Someone starts it off, for example, by posting three words such as "Not long ago." The next person adds three more words such as "three wise men." (Now the story is "Not long ago three wise men"). Then the next person posts three more words such as "went skinny dipping" (Now the story is "Not long ago three wise men went skinny dipping..."). Be sure to copy the entire story into your post when you add your three new words so that someone can easily read the complete story through each time. The story continues from there indefinitely. You can create multiple threads of different stories to have many going at one time.

<message edited by Komen Admin on Wednesday, February 03, 2010 1:18 PM>

Nuzzys Nana
  • Total Posts : 4498
  • Reward points : 10085
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Wednesday, February 03, 2010 4:38 PM
Hey, I like the "Build a Story" idea. It makes me think of the t.v. series "Lost" where everything is thrown in in no particular order.
Lumpectomy 4/14/05 at age 69
Stage 1, 2cm, Node Negative
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
BRCA2 positive (It's always something!)
No Family History

Komen Admin
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:58 AM
That's a personal favorite of mine, too. It could go on indefinitely and the longer the story gets the more it challenges your mind to think of three words that can keep the direction of the story interesting. Also, a person can choose to put a period in as well so that the next person can start a fresh sentence (once the sentences start to get too long).

You can also have the story based on a story you already know - such as the TV show LOST as you mention. You can start out with "Several stranded castaways..."   I'm sure you get the idea. You might as well be the first to start one!

<message edited by Komen Admin on Thursday, February 04, 2010 9:00 AM>

Nuzzys Nana
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Thursday, February 04, 2010 9:07 AM
I'm sorry that I mislead you about "Lost". It is not a favorite - quite the opposite. It flows like something made up on the fly (pardon the pun) by a bunch of slackers tossing ideas around just for fun. Oh well, I guess I'm showing my age.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History

Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13520
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:38 PM
Well, I LOVE lost and am addicted lol....the more they throw out puzzles the more it keeps me interested.

Thanks komen admin for these idea's, I haven't had much time to look in of late here but I think we'll have some fun trying these out:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

Bonita
  • Total Posts : 117
  • Reward points : 1380
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:45 AM
Most of the games shown look like fun.  Are we supposed to pick one?
Bonita Baker
N E Indiana
dx bc 2006
chemo and radiation
dx bc mets 2009
bc on tummy, back, lung, chest and brain
Rads on head in Nov & Dec 2009
chemo started again Dec 2009
    Zometa, Zantac, Bendadryl, Decadron and Taxol

Komen Admin
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:56 AM
Yes, pick any one you want....or use the objective behind them to create your own ideas for a Message Board game.

Have fun!
Komen Admin

Bonita

Most of the games shown look like fun.  Are we supposed to pick one?

evil0ne
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 50
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Monday, December 06, 2010 8:59 PM
Does anyone in here tried to play Everquest, if anyone had already had can you give me an idea on what is the best Everquest Power Leveling items, i have played everquest a long time ago, i stopped because i went out of town, just got back playing, since then i notice that there are many updates and patches being applied to the game, please help me...thanks a lot

deepti123
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Saturday, April 30, 2011 4:50 AM
hey i like ABC Animals

Nuzzys Nana
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Saturday, April 30, 2011 10:22 AM
Let's keep it simple. Too many rules, regs or changes and I'm "Lost".

The "movie" game sounds semi interesting only because I am a movie freak.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History

Tricia Keegan
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:48 PM
I think I started an ABC animals thread ages ago, I;ll have to look for the thread!

NN, my daughter is too but I'm not too hot on movies but if you want to start a thread Ill do my best to join in!:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

marianwolf
  • Total Posts : 209
  • Reward points : 8850
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Saturday, August 06, 2011 6:24 PM
Me too!

Marian 

DX June 20, 2011
IDC, E+P-, HER2-, Ki67 49%
Lumpectomy 7/26/11 & 8/23/11   
Lymph nodes clear!   
BRCA 1-/2-
Stage 1, Grade III 
Oncotype: 36%
Taxotere/Cytoxn 1 2 3 4 12/12/11
33 Rads completed 3/16/12
Start Arimidex 3/17/12    

[link=http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/

Nuzzys Nana
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Sunday, August 07, 2011 7:36 PM
Hey, how about if we try to guess where the "economy" is headed! LOL.

Re: Lost - I stopped watching that almost immediately after it came on. I could tell by the looks of the plane "crash" that no one could have possibly survived, let alone the mix of people the writers came up with. I knew they were all "dead". And I always thought the producers threw a bunch of scenarios up in the air and however they fell, well, that was the next week's plot twist. Just a jumble of scenes in no particular order that made no particular sense. And to think that was spread out over so many years.
Grade 3, Triple Negative
AC/Taxol, Radiation,
No Family History

scootersmom
  • Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:15 PM
I never watched Lost and I am game on the movie one.  I'll be watching for the game to start.  Who wants to start it off?
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Tricia Keegan
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Monday, August 08, 2011 1:40 AM
I'm dashing out right now but will check in later on, just wanted to say I was a lost addict lol, but agree with you NN but once you get hooked you can't get away ha ha....

If no one else begins the new movie thread I'll start one later on or comment in one already started!:)
Carepage- survivortricia

sharonma
  • Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Monday, August 08, 2011 6:25 PM
How about tv shows, since the movie thread is resurrected?
My faves..The Big C, Weeds, and Nurse Jackie.  Counting the days till Dexter in Sept!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  

Pamela
  • Total Posts : 4
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Thursday, November 05, 2015 2:25 PM
Enjoy guys; i am not in mood to play

NMoulton
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 90
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Monday, November 14, 2016 3:49 AM
Try saying this she sells sea shells on the sea shore. Lighten up the moment.

nuzzysnana
  • Total Posts : 31
  • Reward points : 2745
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Monday, November 14, 2016 8:37 PM
We had something going once where we spelled out a word and then continued with other words that sounded or were spelled just like it, but had totally different meanings i.e. where - wear, there - their. You get the idea.
Diagnosed in 2005 at age 69 Two Centimeter IDC, Stage 1, Grade 3, Lumpectomy, Dose dense chemo, radiation. No family history. Tested positive for BRCA2 in 2007 Who knew?

Tricia Keegan
Re:New Message Board Game Ideas! - Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:24 AM
NN, I remember that game and it was very popular, most members tend to post on the Facebook group these days so it's become very quiet here.  Komen admin will be adding an announcement soon of a link you just click to get through to the FB group so watch this space!:)
Carepage- survivortricia