Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 355, messages 181 to 190 of 3541
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, August 01, 2010 1:07 PM
My ongoing joy is the that I go to the gym and lift weights and can still spend up to an hour on the elliptical.  I didn't stop working out all through my treatments and I feel that if I can keep working out, I will survive.  Feels good.

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, August 01, 2010 5:59 PM
The joy for me happened yesterday when I spent two hours at the local animal shelter to donate some food/toys and cuddle all the cats there awaiting new homes:)

It was sad in a way because I cant home any more, but lovely to see and pet them:)
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, August 01, 2010 10:28 PM
Great weekend, Arena Football game on Friday night. The Jacksonville Sharks are going to the playoffs !! 
Had my oldest son and his fiances engagement party on Saturday. It was wonderful meeting her friends and seeing my son's college friends again and also spending time with her mom. My youngest son also was able to extend his leave and got to join in the festivities. Tomorrow morning he leaves for Colorado Springs, Ft. Carson. I am sure going to miss him again. We really enjoyed having him home this past month. Although... I have to admit that after it being just hubby and myself, it is very strange to hear the door open up and others coming in and out of the house again. LOL
On a sad note, my old champion corgi passed yesterday. He had lived with my good friends after he retired from the show dog ring. He was almost 15 yrs old. I am happy that he lived a great life with wonderful people.
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:32 AM
just wanted to say Auf Wiedersehen Sisters!!!
my sis and i are taking my mom on a bucket list trip to Germany to see the town and castle that bears her family name.  her health is not great so i hope she does ok on such a long trip, but it is now or never as she wont be getting any stronger or  healthier.   wish me luck!
i've been practicing this   Ein bier bitte    abeer please!
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:06 AM
Sharon - 

Auweidersein!!  (sp?)  

Have a wonderful trip and you're right, it's always now or never isn't it?  Your mom is very lucky to have you and I hope she (and you) has the time of her life.

Hug,
Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:09 AM
I had actually forgotten about this thread and I STARTED IT!!  :)  Thanks to Sharon for posting about her trip to Germany.

My joy today is that my daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren are coming in from Austin to do a few days at Disneyland (I live only about 15 miles away).  So, I will be staying at the hotel with them (at the grandkids insistence) and Mickey Mouse!

Hug,
Elaine

redspark

• Total Posts : 176
  • Reward points : 4460
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:13 PM
Sharon - have a great trip!!!   Elaine,  Have fun with Mickey!   Fun things are so precious.   Today I walked in the American Breast Cancer Society Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K walk with my husband.  This was the first annual for my city.   Koman does a huge Race for the Cure event on Mothers Day but this was the first ACS walk here. I am thankful to my husband for nudging me to go this morning.  We had planned to go but I was so wiped out from my first week back at work that I just could not set the alarm to get up.  I a so glad I went!  I was exhausted after it but I did the whole thing!   The stamina is slowly coming back.  I just loved all the various ways guys and gals sported pink! 
Marianne

Diagnosis: IDC Grade 1/3, Estrogen receptor +, progesterone+, Her2 neg  (9/2009) 
-Modified radical right breast mastectomy, kept areola, with  expander; 1 node positive
-A/C (4 Jan-Apr 2010), Taxol (12 Apr -July 23 2010)
- I'm done with chemo!!!!!!
Reconstruction surgery 9/10/2010

Jean Southward

• Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:04 PM
Went to my daughters ultra sound today and got to see the twins first hand.  She is 22 weeks into carrying identicle twin boys.  Both are doing very well.  What a gift to be able to share with her. 
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 
ElaineQW

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, October 19, 2010 2:43 PM
Jean - sooooooooo wonderful!   Happy, happy, happy :)  My kids are twins - they're alot of work and loads of fun too!

Hug,
Elaine

Jean Southward

• Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, October 20, 2010 8:36 AM
OOOOH, so you know first hand!!  I know we are elated.  My daughter had been trying for 4 years.  They were going to start adoption procedings in Nov. if she didn't get pregant.  She hadn't taken any fertility meds in over a year.  Being identicals, they were told the drugs had nothing to do with it and they simple have been blessed with two!!  Thanks so much!!!
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 19 of 355, messages 181 to 190 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll