Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..351352353354355 > | Showing page 351 of 355, messages 3501 to 3510 of 3541
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:44 AM
Tina and Grace, such great news from you both! 

Tina, congratulations on your four years! Grace, what amazing and wonderful friends you have--it really shows how loved you are.
I wish you both the very best on your upcoming surgeries. 

p.s. I wrote this and then saw that your post was from January, Tina. I'm sorry I missed it when you posted. I hope that your surgery is over by now and that all is well.

<message edited by Rena on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:47 AM>
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, April 08, 2015 9:51 PM
Thanks Rena.  I understand how it is when you're busy.  Surgery isn't until May 8th. The ps moved it up so he can go out of town.  I can't wait.  I want this reconstruction business over and hope that I won't have any further issues.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:17 AM
Well.. tomorrow is the day.. I guess today is the day since it is 1:08am. To arrive at the breast center.. then to the hospital for surgery.
For whatever reason this week has been tough. I really thought I had it under control.. but just burst of tears while driving.. (and thinking too much) My hubby was out of town last weekend and it was my first down weekend since I got the news. I think it really sunk in when I had nothing else to think about. Also, being with my friends etc.. didn't want to be a downer. 
Last Sat after a crying spell.. went to Lowes and got a gallon of paint.. supplies etc. Painted my bathroom. I didn't do a bad job but it does need an extra coat in some places. I was pretty proud of myself. Hubby needs to get to a couple of corners I couldn't reach. OH.. and on Monday I shut the door behind me.. I forgot to paint the inside door !! Oh well. Went to Ross Dress for Less today and got some new towels and a comode tray.. also a TP holder that holds 3 rolls and on the top you have the roll you use. Some soft bathroom rugs, I am good to go. Been cleaning like a mad woman.. all I can think of .. is that burst of energy before you go into labor.. HA HA.
Yesterday I did spend part of the day at my friends home.. a few other close friends were there and we graded and did the temperment testing on our Pembroke Welsh Corgi litter. Oh they are so cute. Can't wait to bring my sweetie home. We decided Linda will keep her until I am feeling better. Of course.. hubby hasn't realized she is coming to our house yet so Shhhhhh <g> 

Ok.. going to try and sleep. Love you all and will post as soon as I am able to. Thank you the support as always.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:17 AM
It sounds like you've managed to keep your mind and hands busy this week Grace, will be thinking of you and hoping all goes well with your surgery. ((((((hugs))))))
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
sharonma

• Total Posts : 4093
  • Reward points : 10530
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:06 AM
Grace, I'm just seeing this.  I'm sorry you are faced with a recurrence.  Sending you big hugs and hope that today's surgery brings better than expected news.  
This must be especially difficult the second time, so I think you're entitled to down time.   I'll hold you in my thoughts today,Grace.

(((((())))))💓💓💓💓
dx ILC/dcis excisional biopsy 5/30/08
r segmental mast (partial) snb 6/4
node neg stage1 gr ll
er+/pr- Her2 - Oncotype Dx 11
R mast 9/22/08 w DIEP
tamox,now AI 
BRCA 1 & 2 NEG
davinci hyst/bso,  
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, April 16, 2015 10:13 PM
Grace, I saw Jack's updates on Facebook. It sounds as though everything went very well! I'm so glad that you were able to go home where you can heal with your loving family--Jack and the "fur babies." I'll keep you in my thoughts. xo
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, April 21, 2015 4:46 PM
Hi everyone,

Well.. on day 5 post surgery. I am still in much pain.. I don't remember hurting like this before but I prob did. We changed out the bandages yesterday so I don't have the huge "dome" keeping my boobie in place.. I am sure that has something to do with hurting. I did find a fabulous comfy bra I can wear and it has helped. I go for my follow up with the surgeon on Friday morning and hoping we will get good news in regards to the type of treatment this go round. 
Anyway, I am resting a lot.. getting restless but that is normal. I hope all of you are doing well. Will catch up later.

Grace
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:10 PM
Oh Grace I'm sorry you're hurting and feel for you, hoping it gets easier soon, I found Amoena bra's to be the comfiest, sending good wishes and thinking of you. xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:41 PM
Hi Grace, I'm happy to know that the surgery is over and you are now on the mend, but sorry for the pain you are in....UGH! I don't know what to say except that we are here with you as always, even though I'm not on the site as often. You are always in my thoughts. Hug Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, May 02, 2015 11:13 AM
Happy Derby Day gals !!!

Well, yesterday was 2 weeks from my surgery. I am doing so much better now. I started driving on Wed.. was nice to go someplace on my own. One thing that I have notice...when I had my surgery almost 6 yrs ago.. my left arm was practically useless from where they cut to take a couple of nodes. They did the same thing this time but I have not had the issues that I had before. I am able to move my right arm, pick things up etc. So happy as that was one thing that I really dreaded. 
It is still sensitive in the surgial area but much better than what it was. I even bathed and groomed Athena this morning !! She smells so good but omg she is dumping coat. The wild birds will be happy to have her extra fur to line thier nests.
I did find out on Wed that I will be having chemo again. I can't tell you how much this has affected me. They kept talking about only doing rads this time..but I think deep down I knew it would be the entire shabang again. I am a pretty strong person, but this has really got me having crying jags. Thursday night I was so tired, went to bed and couldn't fall asleep until almost 5AM. When I told my husband he was so great.. he said that we are in this for the long haul and we will get through it once again. He asked if I was worried about him leaving me.. I am not... but he said that he is in it for the long haul.  To hear him tell me this just helped so much. Jack isn't a real gushy mushy guy.. so when he says things I really know it is from his heart. Almost 37 yrs married.. as frustrated as he makes me at times.. I love him just as much. 
My son Michael is moving to NYC next week.. he resigned his commission as an Army Capt. Took a job with Ernst & Young. Going to miss him and his girlfriend. I am having my port put in on Thursday and he is going to take me to the hospital and stay with me. I am so glad I have 2 great kids. Wish my youngest could come for a visit but he is dealing with his own issues with the Army and will prob be medicaled out in the next several months. 
Anyway, I am off to do some lunch. I hope everyone has a great Saturday. It is beautiful out here in North FL today.. high of 79 which is really nice along with some low humidity. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Grace

Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Change Page: << < ..351352353354355 > | Showing page 351 of 355, messages 3501 to 3510 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll