Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
Daily Diary of Joy
Change Page: << < ..351352353354355 > | Showing page 352 of 355, messages 3511 to 3520 of 3541
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Saturday, May 02, 2015 1:37 PM
Grace I'm really sorry you have to go through this again but glad you have such a wonderful strong support in your family and I agree with your hubby, you'll get through this again, one day at a time. I think you are friends with Jennifer on FB who is also facing this disease again and maybe you both can help support each other too. xx
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
ElaineQW

• Total Posts : 4705
  • Reward points : 10730
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, May 07, 2015 12:03 PM
I'm happy that your recovery is going so well, but hate that you have to do chemo again!! That being said, you did it once, you can do it again....not easy, but you have great support and that helps so much. I want to remind you that we are WARRIORS!! Hug, Elaine
 A person's greatness is the power to stand alone;to be able to make her own choice; in action,to write anew her own law; to choose her own sacrifices; run her own dangers; win her own freedom; venture her own destruction; to choose her own happiness 

Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Tuesday, May 12, 2015 5:28 PM
Happy Tuesday gals... I hope all are doing well. 

Well Thursday is the big day, had my port put in last Thursday... starting chemo this Thursday. YIKES !!  

I am feeling ok.. still very tender but I think healing well considering the amount of breast tissue he removed from the inside. Also, one really great thing.. when I had my surgery 6 yrs ago.. when I woke up I could barely move my right arm due to removal of 3 lymphnodes.. I was dreading this with the right arm. Surprising that I am having very little issues with mobility like before.. YEAHH . 

I have ordered my terry cloth beanies from Headcovers.com. Got some cute bandana's today at Walmart and going to hit up JoAnne Fabrics hopefully tomorrow. I have given all my things away including my beanies which are a real must have item.. IMO.  Picked up my pre meds, and stocking up on things I know I will need after chemo starts. 

Had to run Athena to the vet for her Rabies shot and also have 2 back molars removed that were loose. Colt is still at my friends house enjoying his time away.. may even meet a girlfriend while he is down there.<g> Mia the cat is just a hot mess.. and my friend and I made our pick puppy decision from our litter and the rest have gone to thier new homes. Linda will keep Calan for a bit while I am dealing with stuff.

Anyway, I shall be checking in.. thank you all for your kind words as I start the process again.

Grace

Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, May 13, 2015 1:35 AM
Grace it's wonderful to see you sounding so happy and positive and I know you'll just fly through this, I loved ordering from headcovers too. I just heard a friend was dx after seven years last week so I'm meeting up with her today for lunch as she'll be facing chemo now too. Sending good wishes to you and will be thinking of you!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia
Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Sunday, May 24, 2015 5:14 PM
Hi ladies,

Home from camping for a couple of days. I didn't do much of anything but sleep in the travel trailer .. prob almost 20 hrs yesterday.. but that's ok.. it felt good and our friends didn't mind.. hubby kept them entertained. LOL

Some may know from FB but basically no WBC for me right now so I am being very very careful. I am really questioning why my onco doesn't think I need the neulasta shot. Will insist on it the next round for sure unless she can give me a good explanation why not to. 

I can feel my head start to get the little pain that leads up to letting hair go. Going to hold onto my locks for a bit as it isn't too awful bad.

I have to say I had a really rough week with stomach issues etc and questioned my sanity for doing this knowing what is ahead. I hope you don't mind me sounding off from time to time.. I think I am really going to need all of you very much.

That being said, going to rest a tad and I hope all have enjoyed your weekend, esp if you are getting a 3 day.

Grace

Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Monday, May 25, 2015 1:07 PM
Hi Grace and thanks for updating us and you have such a positive attitude to this you're entitled to have a vent now and then and what better place than here!:)

As I said to you on Facebook I'd be very interested in knowing why your Onc is not give you the Neulasta and doubt its an age thing as my friend just had her's yesterday and she's sixty six and I think I'd prefer the bone pain of that to trying to dodge an infection. The naps are a great idea and got me though each treatment so continue to listen to your body as you already are and know we're all thinking of you. ((((((hugs))))))
Carepage- survivortricia
Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, May 27, 2015 3:39 PM
I just saw on FB where one of our sisters is going through a difficult time. Mary Cameron's husband Don has been very ill over the past year or so and he is now in Hospice care after a very bad stroke. 

Mary is a very kind person who has been dealing with not only her own health but that of her husbands. 

Prayers for her and her family during this time.
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Wednesday, May 27, 2015 3:52 PM
I lost touch with Mary a while back Grace but knew her husband Don was unwell, thanks for the heads up and I'll send her a pm to let her know we're thinking of her.
Carepage- survivortricia
Army Mom

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:33 AM
I just saw on FB that Don passed last night. 

Thoughts and prayers for Mary. Such a sweet lady.
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
oophorectomy 05/2012

To start chemo soon

and of course I am now.

Tricia Keegan

Re:Daily Diary of Joy - Thursday, May 28, 2015 12:45 PM
Oh Grace, I'm so very sad to read this and my heart goes out to Mary, she'll be lost without Don I know, thank you for letting us know, may he RIP. xx
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..351352353354355 > | Showing page 352 of 355, messages 3511 to 3520 of 3541

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll