Winter chemo ladies!

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 14, messages 181 to 200 of 271
Tricia Keegan
  • Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13515
Re:FEC x 3; Taxotere x 3 ?? - Saturday, October 29, 2011 4:49 AM
Sue unless someone has had chemo etc they won't really get it or understand the depression, of course we all do here and I felt exactly the same and very frustrated at the fatigue and not being able to do what I used to. 
Of course once I was off these drugs for a month or so I felt like a fog had lifted and really understood these drugs have a depressing effect for some of us! 
I'm glad the inhalor is helping and hope you feel better soon!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia

motherof4
  • Total Posts : 61
  • Reward points : 5290
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Monday, October 31, 2011 9:31 AM
Thanks for the Winter chemo group. I'm about mid way with chemo. I'm done with A/C and on to Taxol which I'm finding just as hard as A/C unfortunately. The fatigue along with the not wanting to eat is very draining. I've also had some shooting pains in all areas of my body. Has anyone else had these? They talked about muscle pain but I haven't heard about the shooting pains.
Jeni Samples,45
Diagnosis: IDC, Stage 2, Grade 2, Triple Negative 7/15/11
Bilateral Mastectomy
Extensive family history, BRAC1+
4 A/C,4 Taxol done 12/7/11 
Hysterectomy 12/30/11, radiation finished 2/12

LindaW
  • Total Posts : 28
  • Reward points : 4680
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Monday, October 31, 2011 2:52 PM
I am also about mid way through chemo. Thursday I will have chemo #4 of 6 of Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin. Fatigue seems to be getting worse every day. I also have had shooting pains in different parts of my body and asked my onco about it. I was told that this in normal for some women during chemo. They seem to come and go but luckily have not been too severe.
Linda...Age at diagnosis 51
IDC stage 1 ; tumor 1.1 cm
Excisional Biopsy 5/24/11
Liver biopsy 6/09/11 - negative
 Lumpectomy and axillary node dissection 7/20/11 clear margins- no nodes found
  ER-/PR-; HER2+++ ;BRCA 1 and 2 negative
Chemo - Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin x6 finished 12/14/11
Herceptin for one year: Radiation 35 tx finished 3/05/12

Tricia Keegan
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Monday, October 31, 2011 3:07 PM
Jeni and Linda,

Good luck with the rest of your tx, I think any kind of leg aches/pains and soreness are fairly usual with Taxol, I had a lower dose weekly so it was'nt too bad thankfully.
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Carepage- survivortricia

RSBendy
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 1670
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Monday, October 31, 2011 7:00 PM
Hi Ladies.  Haven't checked in for a while.  Completed treatment #4, halfway thru! Start Taxol the end of this week for another 4 treatments.  Here's hoping I can manage through it as well as the first four.  
Started back at work last week for a few hours a day.  While exhausting, it's good to be back talking to adults and engaging my brain.  They are being very supportive and it's good to have a reason to get up in the morning and get dressed.  I joke about working for a few hours,then going home and napping like a kindergartener. 
Will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary with my loving husband on Nov. 2nd. With so much going on, it'll be nice to reflect on the blessings of a successful marriage and a great family.
Ronnie 
"A Pink Warrior"

Diagnosed - 6/7/11
DIEP Flap Procedure, Double Mastectomy - 7/19/11
BRCA I +
Left Breast - 7mm, 1 Sentinal Node - .9mm
Chemo - 
Adriamycin/Cytoxan 4X's every 2 weeks (followed by Neulasta)
1  2  3  4
Taxol 4X's every 2 weeks
5  6  7  8 DONE!
Hormone Therapy (Anastrozol) for 5 years st

donnapetry
  • Total Posts : 147
  • Reward points : 3475
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Monday, October 31, 2011 7:22 PM
I had a blast this weekend at the Race for a Cure in Nashville with my family and friends. The funny thing was when they were getting us ready to do the survivor parade, I asked where do I go since I am not a 1yr survivor as of yet...I'm only 5 months. The ladies got a kick out of it and said no one had ever asked them that. It was a very emotional experience. It was really nice to be around so many survivors. I can't wait till next year!!

Other than that doing ok, my right leg is swelled up again and still dealing with shortness of breath. The good thing is no more chemo!! Well except for the Herceptin for the next year.

Hope everyone is having a good Halloween!!
DCIS, IDC Diag 4/12/11
Left Mastectomy 3 nodes positive removed 5/26/11
Stage 2, Triple positive (ER 80%, PR 70%, Her2 +3)
Chemo 6/30/11 Carboplatin/Taxotere/Herceptin Completed chemo 10/13/11
BRCA 1 & 2 Negative 
Herceptin for 1 year - completed 5/10/12
Arimidex for 5 years starting 11/3/11
Right simple Masectomy 11/29/12
Take one day at a time and always try to find something positive out of the negative!

SKalsta
  • Total Posts : 63
  • Reward points : 3865
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 01, 2011 9:01 AM
Whew! There are a few of us going thru chemo right now. I am a few weeks behind you. I have chemo treatment #3 tomorrow. Hoping that this one is better than the other two and side complications. Trying to get my list of to do's before chemo done today. And if it does not get done, Oh Well - not that big of a deal. Have a good week!!!
Sue K
Invasive Ductal Carcinona
Diagnosed 7/1/2011
Stage III Grade 2
Tumor Size 6cm
2+/18 nodes
ER+/PR+
HER2 Negative
7/28/2011 - Right Modified Mastectomy w/ lymph nodes removed.  Left Prophylactic Mastectomy
Not a candidate for reconstructive surgery. 
Chemo 5 out 8 completed.
Radiation completed.
Lymphedema and scar tissue issues

Dora
  • Total Posts : 313
  • Reward points : 5600
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 01, 2011 9:55 AM
I will have Chemo #2 tomorrow.  First one was not too bad.  Fatigue is the worst.  I so admire the women on here that have had a bilateral with immediate tram flap reconstruction and post about doing well enough to go back to work.  I am about 9 weeks post op and still have problems with the severe "tightness" in my breast and abdominal surgery sites.  I feel like I am wearing an "iron bra"
sometimes!  I am scheduled for 6 chemo treatments, 3 weeks apart.  After my first one my daughter said, "Mom, you still have 5 more".  I said, "NO, I ONLY have 5 more."  Sending good thoughts to all the winter chemo ladies!!
Dora-age 55-Colorado
Rt breast ductal carcinoma (9/06) Stage 1, Grade 2
Lumpectomy 10/13/06 Sentinol Node Biopsy
Nodes neg, clean margins, Oncotype 23; Clinical trial of Radiation 12/06; A/C Chemo X 4 completed 3/07, Tamoxifen started May 07, Arimedex 5/09,Stopped Arimidex 8/28/09,  Aromasin 9/09 , stopped 6/15/11 due to new cancer 
New lump 6/11; Stage 1c, grade 3, New Cancer in left breast; ER+, PR-, HER2+ bilateral mastectomy, tram reconstruction&

donnapetry
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:19 PM
Sue & Dora...wishing you the best on your chemo tomorrow.
DCIS, IDC Diag 4/12/11
BRCA 1 & 2 Negative 
Take one day at a time and always try to find something positive out of the negative!

Jean Southward
  • Total Posts : 1782
  • Reward points : 3810
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 01, 2011 1:24 PM
Dora, I think the fatigue is the worst part.  It kind of builds up and by the end one can feel pretty dragged out.  I had my treatments (same as yours) 3 weeks apart.  I said week one I was tired, week two I rebounded, week 3 I was built up again to get knocked down and start over. :)
Jean S

Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops...at all.

Emily Dickinson

IDC Stage IIB Grade 3 BC DX on 2-10-09
HER2+++
ER/PR+ 90% 
2 of 6 Node Positive
Double Mastectomy 2-23-09
Completed Chemo TC 7-10
Herceptin until 3-20-10
Arimidex for 5 years Started 8-09 

Dora
  • Total Posts : 313
  • Reward points : 5600
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 01, 2011 3:10 PM
Thank you Donna and Jean.  I had A/c before and was told that was harder than Taxatere/Carboplatin but I think I did better with A/C.  I guess it's probably that I felt physically better after a lumpectomy the first time around than now after mastectomy/reconstruction! 
Dora-age 55-Colorado
Rt breast ductal carcinoma (9/06) Stage 1, Grade 2
Lumpectomy 10/13/06 Sentinol Node Biopsy
Nodes neg, clean margins, Oncotype 23; Clinical trial of Radiation 12/06; A/C Chemo X 4 completed 3/07, Tamoxifen started May 07, Arimedex 5/09,Stopped Arimidex 8/28/09,  Aromasin 9/09 , stopped 6/15/11 due to new cancer 
New lump 6/11; Stage 1c, grade 3, New Cancer in left breast; ER+, PR-, HER2+ bilateral mastectomy, tram reconstruction&

Tricia Keegan
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Tuesday, November 01, 2011 4:33 PM
Dora a/c was tougher for me but we're all so different in how we react to these meds!!

Donna so glad you enjoyed the race and well done you!!!

Sue and Ronnie, best wishes to you both in getting through this and glad you're having good time too:)
Carepage- survivortricia

KWright
  • Total Posts : 12
  • Reward points : 370
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:04 PM
Hey Donna!!  I was there too, in Brentwood.  Didn't you just about freeze your patooty off!?!  :)  I did.  Very touching.  I cried during the survivor parade.  And weirdly, I felt like the whole event was all about me!!  I was only an 8 DAY survivor.  My surgery was 10/21.  I probably overdid it, 'cause now I'm home with an infection at the site.  I'm worried that I won't be able to do the internal chemotherapy if it doesn't clear up and the dr. has to drain the cavity.  Say some prayers for me.
Kamilla
Invasive Ductal Carcinoma left dx 9/14/11
Triple Negative, 2.3 cm Lymph Nodes NEGATIVE
Lumpectomy, 10/21/11 
Radiation and chemo coming up

Tricia Keegan
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:15 PM
PalsGood luck Kamila and hope that infection clears soon!!!
Carepage- survivortricia

donnapetry
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:36 PM
Kamilla....I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your infection clears up. Yes it was extremely booty cold. Not only did I have a jacket but I had my blanket too. I cried during the survivor parade too. So you were in the front of the survivor line along with me. I would tell you that I was the one with the pink wig and pom-poms...but there were lots of pink wigs and pom-poms.
Please keep us updated on how your doing and get some rest.
DCIS, IDC Diag 4/12/11
BRCA 1 & 2 Negative 

donnapetry
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Thursday, November 03, 2011 6:27 PM
Had my 1st Herceptin  treatment today, without the chemo. Was kind of weird only being there for 2 hours vs 6 hours. My onco wasn't happy with some of my bloodwork, HGB and RBC were both low. So he wants me to come back in next week to do my blood work again and see where they are at. He said they might have to do a blood transfusion. Also since I am still having shortness of breath and my legs are swelled up really big I have to go in tomorrow morning to have a Pulmonary Function Test done.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
DCIS, IDC Diag 4/12/11
BRCA 1 & 2 Negative 

RSBendy
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Reward points : 1670
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Saturday, November 05, 2011 7:55 PM
Hey Kamilla and Donna - hope you both are doing okay.

Had my first treatment of Taxol yesterday.  Went fine excect my 3 hour treatment took 5 hours. But I guess it's to be expected as they needed to explain everything.  With all the fluids being pumped into me, had to go to the bathroom a few times.  My husband enjoyed asking the nurse if it was okay to "pull the plug" (actually unplug the IV). I can understand the description of having a ton of energy after treatment with all the steroids you take.  If there was furniture to be moved, I would have done it today. Will take it easy tomorrow as I understand the flu-like symptoms kick in 48 hours after treatment.  Hopefully they will only last 48 hours.

See my plastic surgeon on Tuesday to discuss my next step after chemo and the tweaking of the "girls." Always looking ahead ... 
;-)
Ronnie 
"A Pink Warrior"

Diagnosed - 6/7/11
DIEP Flap Procedure, Double Mastectomy - 7/19/11
BRCA I +
Left Breast - 7mm, 1 Sentinal Node - .9mm
Chemo - 
Adriamycin/Cytoxan 4X's every 2 weeks (followed by Neulasta)
1  2  3  4
Taxol 4X's every 2 weeks
5  6  7  8 DONE!
Hormone Therapy (Anastrozol) for 5 years st

marianwolf
  • Total Posts : 209
  • Reward points : 8850
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:50 AM
Well, here's a recap of this week's chemo tx.  Monday, infusion for 1.5 hours but they were busy and backed up so we ended up spending about 3 hours there.  My friend Sandra took me and we laughed it up, had great fun and then did lunch.

Only day 3 (again) was a little worrisome.  I had so many other worries going on with UTI, vaginal bleeding, lung nodules and liver mass that it just was a miserable week in general.  I spent 3 full days at the medical centers getting so many tests and then I had to get my neupogen shots.  Figure this one out - I was ripe and ready to do my 4 days of shots at home by myself.  But the pharmacy is asking $264 an injection!  So, instead I go into the physician's office to get the shot and it only costs me $10 an injection.

On Day 3, I was a bit more fatigued but no fluish symptoms this time.  None of this is as bad as I anticipated it to be.  But I'm not pressing my good fortune either, just grateful for it.  I'm told the effects are generally accumulative.  It isn't fun being treated for cancer.  I think we're all aware of that.  I just accept what it takes to do it, I drink lots and lots of water and take my anti nausea pills. One distressing side effect is constipation.  I've battled diarrhea for most of my life and now am experiencing severe constipation. Taking stool softeners but they hardly work. Have to increase the dose.  No sores, unusual anything.

Have a good Sunday, my ladies in pink!
<message edited by marianwolf on Sunday, November 06, 2011 6:51 AM>

Marian 

DX June 20, 2011
IDC, E+P-, HER2-, Ki67 49%
Lumpectomy 7/26/11 & 8/23/11   
Lymph nodes clear!   
BRCA 1-/2-
Stage 1, Grade III 
Oncotype: 36%
Taxotere/Cytoxn 1 2 3 4 12/12/11
33 Rads completed 3/16/12
Start Arimidex 3/17/12    

[link=http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/

mary l
  • Total Posts : 1618
  • Reward points : 4355
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Sunday, November 06, 2011 10:50 AM
Marian, you sure have a lot going on at once.  I would be so confused with my chemo fog that I wouldn't know where to go first.  I love your attitude!  Sending prayers your way and you enjoy you Sunday also.  It is so pretty her today.   Fondly,  Mary
Diag. Oct 2003 with 6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, Inflammatory Breast Cancer stage IIIB, Her2+++.   I had A/C followed by Taxotere (only had 2tx as I had heart problems from it); Left Mastectomy followed by 35 rads.  Recurence in 9 months as skin mets to mast. site. tx Carboplatin/Herceptin,  stayed on Herceptin every other week for almost 4 years only stopping when my ejection fraction would get too low. off herceptin & ned 3 years in 2010

SKalsta
  • Total Posts : 63
  • Reward points : 3865
Re:Winter chemo ladies! - Monday, November 07, 2011 3:55 AM
Chemo #3 was better for me than #1 and #2. Being exhausted is the main issue this go round and that is okay. I switched some things around and took Thur, Fri and Mon off from work so I could just focus on resting or taking advantage of those short bursts of energy. Eyes are still hard to really focus well, so reading and computer is a little difficult. But books on tape, Ipod and other things keep me entertained. No major side effects - this time. Funny when you say that, people think that the chemo was a walk in the park. Because you can't specify a single major issue, they still have no idea that you can't taste, you are exhausted, your thinking is not clear, you still feel like you have the flu. But, you are not complaining so they think it was like had your teeth cleaned or something. But, we know. Hoping all the winter chemo ladies have a good week and that side effects are minimal. And all the other ladies - wishing you a good week as well.
Sue K
Invasive Ductal Carcinona
Diagnosed 7/1/2011
Stage III Grade 2
Tumor Size 6cm
2+/18 nodes
ER+/PR+
HER2 Negative
7/28/2011 - Right Modified Mastectomy w/ lymph nodes removed.  Left Prophylactic Mastectomy
Not a candidate for reconstructive surgery. 
Chemo 5 out 8 completed.
Radiation completed.
Lymphedema and scar tissue issues

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > | Showing page 10 of 14, messages 181 to 200 of 271