Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resources and Specialty Programs
marianwolf

• Total Posts : 209
  • Reward points : 8850
Resources and Specialty Programs - Wednesday, September 28, 2011 10:19 AM
When I attended the chemoflage program this month a few hand outs were given and I know many of you might already be aware of these programs -- but I'm fairly new (you know that!) and some of the programs have been a great help for me, especially since my income is so limited.  One is a site www.GoodWishesScarves.org.  They offer a free wrap or 32" scarf of your choice.

Another programs are Look Good Feel Better - a free program that teaches beauty techniques in active treatment to help them combat appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment. www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org  They also give lots of high/mid-end cosmetics.  Since I do not have many eyebrows to begin with, I benefited from this.

www.confetticelebrations.org offers free weekend spa retreats for women with cancer as well as www.imagerebornfoundation.org

I'm not sure if this type of posting is allowed.  I'm not selling any of these programs since I just wanted to offer up some resources for those who are not aware of these.

Tricia, if this type of posting is allowed maybe we can keep it going so that we can swap resources and get more info from those who've gone before.
<message edited by Tricia Keegan on Saturday, October 08, 2011 5:09 PM>

Marian 

DX June 20, 2011
IDC, E+P-, HER2-, Ki67 49%
Lumpectomy 7/26/11 & 8/23/11   
Lymph nodes clear!   
BRCA 1-/2-
Stage 1, Grade III 
Oncotype: 36%
Taxotere/Cytoxn 1 2 3 4 12/12/11
33 Rads completed 3/16/12
Start Arimidex 3/17/12