Visit Komen.org
Lower Your Risk
Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 And Life Goes ON: Daily Support
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 13 of 27, messages 121 to 130 of 267
DJ64

• Total Posts : 482
  • Reward points : 7635
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:50 AM

Whoops, wrong place for message.

DJ
<message edited by DJ64 on Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:59 AM>
"Prepared for the worst, hope for the best and, live each day to the hilt"

Stage IV  lungs, lining, ribs, left scapula and left clavicle - Used all the hormonal drugs - tamoxifen, arimidex,  , Faslodex 250 mg,  femara, , drug break using own estrogen (progression in 7 months), rebooted femara (progression on next scan) Faslodex 500 mg ended 18 1/2 years on hormonal therapies - 2013,  Taxol - 2014 now on Doxil. 
Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:38 PM
WTG Farla !!!!  Something special about the 3 yr mark for some reason. Of course EVERY year is to celebrate but for me it felt like a bit of a milestone. What I find wierd is that I still remember the last treatment.. 3 yrs this month, then it will be 3 yrs since rads in Jan.. then so on.. :)

Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

Army Mom

• Total Posts : 638
  • Reward points : 10290
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:39 PM
Oh and Tricia, I wanted to tell you. My oldest leaves for Ireland tonight. He flies into Dublin for about 30 hours..then to London and France and final destination is Spain for his best friends wedding. He is pretty excited and said he wished he had more time to spend there.
Grace 

Lumpectomy June 18,2009
4 rounds T/C DONE !
33 rounds of rads DONE !!
1 yr of Herceptin - DONE  !!!
2 yrs Tamoxafen/ taken off due to elevated liver enzymes.
oophorectomy 05/2012

March 27,2015 DX right breast
Lumpectomy April 16th 2015
To start chemo soon

54 years young  :)
Mother of 2 sons in US Army
Wife of wonderful husband
and of course I am now.
KOMAN STRONG  :)

sfussner

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 55
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:08 PM
 Hi, this is the first time I've been on the site, & I'm not familiar with how to 'set up' things at all, or if this is the right place for me, just looking for a place to 'talk'.  I was diagnosed Sept 2011 & had a lumpectomy.  I'm 68, I have a son who lives in the same city, but I don't see him that often, my friends live in different states, and those that know don't want to talk about cancer, (including my son who told me he's not going to think about it because I'll be fine).  So, I was feeling lonely, & decided to look for a forum, & looked here, enjoyed the comments I had read & decided to 'reach out'.

I don't know where to post all that personal/diagnostic info that you guys have with your posts, but given time I'll figure it out.

Sandi
sfussner

• Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 55
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:12 PM
Oh God, Laughed Out Loud at this, hadn't heard it before - loved it, thank you?
scootersmom

• Total Posts : 1277
  • Reward points : 12250
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:46 PM
Welcome Sandi.  You'll get the hang of it/.  It takes awhile.
Tina    
dx 2/1/11 DCIS
Lumpectomy 2/27 results DCIS/LCIS Stage 0 ER+ PR+
Bi-lateral Mastectomy 4/26 with expanders 
6/3 Surgery to remove contaminated expander due to infection.
7/22/11 Surgery to reinsert the expander. 
10/11/2011 Surgery to replace tissue expanders with implants.

farla

• Total Posts : 624
  • Reward points : 6720
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, November 16, 2012 7:27 AM
And life goes on.... daily support.

I have a question for all of us out there, who have looked death in the face (oh so ugly) and said nah, not ready, go away.  Those of us who wondered - "Will my body betray me next year? Will I be around in 5 years? Someone with just my diagnosis died quickly - could that happen to me?"

My family lost a lot in Superstorm Sandy. My sister and family and (mean nasty) put bull evacuated to me, but lost her basement, boiler room and a car.  My uncle and his family did not evacuate and we got the panicked phone call at midnight as the water broke in the basement windows and rose several feet into their first floor. They lost their car, kitchen and living room, too.  But no one got hurt, and their family, (nice) dog and bunny also lived with me for almost 3 weeks. (As an aside, I did not have electricity for 2 of those 3 weeks.) They are displaced, homeless, and all their records are gone.  Their doctors, lawyers, accountants, vets, and pharmacists lost all their records, and the computers got fried. They lost many things and are shell-shocked.

But.... they lost things.  Things can be replaced. Somehow I think I feel less sympathetic than I should. I tried a few times to remind them that no one got hurt, that they can rebuild (oh - why get flood insurance? Fema (aka us) will rebuild for you!), but it didn't go over well. I feel guilty, and relieved that they have moved out. My sister has rented an apartment - the pit bull had gone after too many people and dogs, and my parents (finally!!!) came home from their vacation and they will take my uncle.

I mean, am I a snob?  "Oh, you didn't go through CANCER so whatever your loss is, it is not important"  No, I didn't say that, I know their losses are great, but they lost things, not the security of knowing you will be here next year.

<message edited by farla on Friday, November 16, 2012 7:30 AM>
Farla
dx 8/09, R double lumpectomy, invasive mixed DCIS/LCIS
ER + PR + Her -
1/3 Sentinel pos. 1/15 nodes pos
 Stage 2A  Grade 2, Nottingham 6
chemo A/C x4, Taxol x 4 started 9/21/09 DONE!!!
femara  started 2/5/10
rads  2/8/10 DONE!!!
Now - osteoporosis?  Vit D, calcium, and a baby aspirin to boot!
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, November 16, 2012 10:17 AM
Welcome Sandi. It's hard to go through this feeling that you don't have much support. When I was diagnosed in 1986, people still weren't talking about breast cancer very openly and there was no internet to turn to, so I know how that feels. We are here to support you and answer any questions we can. I'd also recommend that you find a support group (either a breast cancer group or even just a really good women's support group) so that you have the kind of support you need right now. Please keep us posted on how you get along. There is a thread on the Sound Off forum called The Waiting Room, which is a good place to go to talk about this process. Also, the Daily Diary of Joy is a place to just get to know the women here and to share what's good in your life. I wish you the best.
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Rena

• Total Posts : 6649
  • Reward points : 12660
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, November 16, 2012 10:22 AM
Farla, I'm so sorry for you and your family members. I had several family members who went without power for weeks, but who, thank goodness, didn't lose their homes and weren't injured. I know what you mean--it's a matter of perspective. No one really understands what it's like to face a cancer diagnosis unless they've faced it, period. At the same time, I think it may be too soon for your relatives to put this all into perspective. They've been through a lot, and it's still new and raw for them. Hopefully, when they can get back into their homes, they will look around and realize that they are blessed indeed. Truthfully, though, you are wonderful for taking them all in--especially the nasty pit bull! I'm glad your power is back on--it's amazing how much warmth and light means to us humans! Lovexo
Rena age 66 California Central Coast
29-year survivor
BRCA2-positive
Dx 1986 IDC ER/PR negative 22 positive lymph nodes
CMFVP chemo weekly for one year, 7 weeks radiation
October 2007: New chassis and spark plugs!
Tricia Keegan

• Total Posts : 19215
  • Reward points : 13465
Re:And Life Goes ON: Daily Support - Friday, November 16, 2012 1:34 PM
Hi Sandi and welcome, if you'd like any help with the site send me a pm and/or go to the welcome forum which is the first one on the main page and you'll see lots of info to help you!:)............Farla what an Angel you are to take them all in and I can fully understand you feeling relieved now they're gone. I think BC really does teach us whats important in life and those who have not had it don't get it, I'm sure in the months to come they'll all accept how lucky they were to be unhurt but I can understand your feelings too and don't think you're being snobby at all but just appreciating life from the perspective of a Survivior!
Tricia Keegan...From Ireland Dx July '05 IDC 3/9 nodes pos..triple positive..a/c x 4..Taxol/herceptin x 12
Herceptin 1yr ..rads x35 oophorectomy Aug '06
Currently taking Arimidex /Zometa 1 x yearly
Carepage- survivortricia
Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > | Showing page 13 of 27, messages 121 to 130 of 267

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll